Fiverr Packages: your experience has 0 value

wuerz123

Mine is not a thread to complain or rant about something.
I just want to share a new experience as a buyer.

Yesterday I was looking for someone to help me out with some designs, I’ve contacted 6 relative new sellers, some even with 0 reviews.
Most of them had their starting price at $5, other started directly with $30 …
The fact is, I wanted something done within 24h. In their Gigs they had (for example) $5 basic + $10 for delivery within 24h.
I contacted them before placing an order to explain what I was looking for. Three of them said that for 24h they wanted $50, even when in their Gigs the price would have been $15. Another one was like a real joke, he wanted $100. And I’ve convinced one to work for $20, when she wanted $40, even when in her Gig the price would have also been $15 and she had just 3 reviews.

Back 2 or 3 years ago we all had to work for $5, from the beginning, and the only way to sell for more $$ was going levels up.
Even later, when the packages started, Fiverr forced you to sell your basic package for $5, and then all other with the prices you wanted.
I’ve worked almost 3 years for a minimum of $5 in order to build my reviews and have a backup for my higher prices later… and most of you “oldies” did exactly the same.
That made me feel frustrated, that was unfair.
Why we had to work so hard and so long for our higher prices and now new people can ask directly $50 or $70 even when they have not even 1 review?
Is this new strategy made to bother the ones who helped Fiverr to grow up? Like you and me?

@wordandrecord Is that a good strategy though? If I (new buyer) order for $20 to someone I find, because I’m in a hurry, and they deliver me a work that I could have done much better (but didn’t have time to) it will not give me wills to come again and order from Fiverr…

@lucycodex my thought goes beyond the review system. My though goes to the point that people with zero experience can ask whatever $$ they like with nothing to prove or back their prices up. If they sell just once in their whole Fiverr existence I wouldn’t mind either. But I mind the clients who spend a considerable amount of $$ and get average/low quality work: they will not come back to buy here.

Most newcomers still start at $5. They can start at anything but that does not mean they will get orders. Even as good as my reviews are I still have lots of $5 orders and know that if I want new business starting at a low price attracts more buyers.

Prices for everything have gone up drastically in the last few years.

Most newcomers still start at $5. They can start at anything but that does not mean they will get orders. Even as good as my reviews are I still have lots of $5 orders and know that if I want new business starting at a low price attracts more buyers.

Prices for everything have gone up drastically in the last few years.

Most newcomers still start at $5

Indeed what I say in my thread. But they are allowed to send a Custom Offer and ask whatever price they like. I wouldn’t place an order directly without contacting first and see that they understand what I need.

Wouldn’t be better to allow new sellers to offer Customs when they reach a certain level?

Most newcomers still start at $5

Indeed what I say in my thread. But they are allowed to send a Custom Offer and ask whatever price they like. I wouldn’t place an order directly without contacting first and see that they understand what I need.

Wouldn’t be better to allow new sellers to offer Customs when they reach a certain level?

No they can choose what to charge for their service. If you don’t want to pay that much you can find others for just $5 probably.

I have the most amazing designer who does photoshop work for only $5 and does it incredibly well. He has over 10,000 positive reviews.

No they can choose what to charge for their service. If you don’t want to pay that much you can find others for just $5 probably.

I have the most amazing designer who does photoshop work for only $5 and does it incredibly well. He has over 10,000 positive reviews.

No they can choose what to charge for their service

Sorry if I insist on this point.

Like happened to me yesterday:

A seller has his price $5 Basic, single package, no other prices. He has extras: 24h deliver for $10

That would be $15

When I contact and ask, they send me a Custom and want $50 or even $100

Wouldn’t you feel that they just want to cheat you? Their Gig prices say $15.

It doesn’t make sense, just the feeling they want to take as much $$ from you as they can.

Also when their prices are in contradiction

Fiverr is an open marketplace where people can now set their own prices. Market forces such as demand and quality of service will dictate who gets orders and who doesn’t. If an expert artist comes along and is asked to create a Mona Lisa-esque drawing then they should be allowed to charge an appropriate fee. The fact that they didn’t have to create 500 stick man drawings selling each for $5 is what attracted them to start selling on Fiverr.
You will find that many new/newer sellers would love to have been here from the start to get established and gain repeat buyers when there was much less competition Be glad you were part of that group and remember the benefits you have gained from it.

The grass is always greener on the other side

A seller has his price $5 Basic, single package, no other prices. He has extras: 24h deliver for $10

That would be $15

It doesn’t make sense, just the feeling they want to take as much $$ from you as they can.

Did you ask them why they were quoting those prices?

Fiverr is an open marketplace where people can now set their own prices. Market forces such as demand and quality of service will dictate who gets orders and who doesn’t. If an expert artist comes along and is asked to create a Mona Lisa-esque drawing then they should be allowed to charge an appropriate fee. The fact that they didn’t have to create 500 stick man drawings selling each for $5 is what attracted them to start selling on Fiverr.

You will find that many new/newer sellers would love to have been here from the start to get established and gain repeat buyers when there was much less competition Be glad you were part of that group and remember the benefits you have gained from it.

The grass is always greener on the other side

The fact that they didn’t have to create 500 stick man drawings selling each for $5 is what attracted them to start selling

But the fact they were drawing those 500 stick men before, and delivered successfully with good reviews, gives me a better feeling to buy from them. Like yesterday: nobody and repeat nobody wanted to work for the prices they offer in their Gigs, they wanted much more. It made me waste almost 2 hours just by searching.

That’s the funny thing, look here:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.6e559be0dbe59eb12e3f82a85fefd16d.jpg

His Gig is for $5, no other packages. His extras: 24h delivery + $10

This is one of the guys from my example.

Wouldn’t you feel frustrated?

The fact that they didn’t have to create 500 stick man drawings selling each for $5 is what attracted them to start selling

But the fact they were drawing those 500 stick men before, and delivered successfully with good reviews, gives me a better feeling to buy from them. Like yesterday: nobody and repeat nobody wanted to work for the prices they offer in their Gigs, they wanted much more. It made me waste almost 2 hours just by searching.

Honestly, i really don’t find this frustrating. I had to dig to find a few sellers recently that were offering something I just wanted as a fun gig for $5. I found three and it too a while to find them. Even before there were packages and higher prices, though, I had to hunt the same way because if I just ordered, I got terrible products, empty deliveries or no deliveries. It’s always been hard for me to find the right sellers at low prices.

Once I find one that’s good, I’ll eventually be glad to pay a bit more for that trusted seller to give me a more complex product or a faster delivery. I don’t see much of a change except that now I can completely ignore sellers with 8 or less reviews and a starting price of $20 or more.

Unknown sellers will be increasingly ignored in general if they refused to start low since other sellers will come along that will. Once they gain 25-100 sales though, why should they do anything more than a few minutes of work for $5? If the issue is just express delivery, some newbie sellers will find cheap 24h delivery as a way to earn their stripes. Once they do, they will charge more and understandably so.

Honestly, i really don’t find this frustrating. I had to dig to find a few sellers recently that were offering something I just wanted as a fun gig for $5. I found three and it too a while to find them. Even before there were packages and higher prices, though, I had to hunt the same way because if I just ordered, I got terrible products, empty deliveries or no deliveries. It’s always been hard for me to find the right sellers at low prices.

Once I find one that’s good, I’ll eventually be glad to pay a bit more for that trusted seller to give me a more complex product or a faster delivery. I don’t see much of a change except that now I can completely ignore sellers with 8 or less reviews and a starting price of $20 or more.

Unknown sellers will be increasingly ignored in general if they refused to start low since other sellers will come along that will. Once they gain 25-100 sales though, why should they do anything more than a few minutes of work for $5? If the issue is just express delivery, some newbie sellers will find cheap 24h delivery as a way to earn their stripes. Once they do, they will charge more and understandably so.

I had to hunt the same way because if I just ordered, I got terrible products, empty deliveries or no deliveries.

That’s exactly my point and my experience.

I feel frustrated as a buyer, because I really have not much time to be digging (like you said) to find a seller. I’m Italian, I lack of patience from nature!

I put myself in that position and also think about any new buyer who has to spend so long time to find services. You and many other buyers know already how things go, because you have been here for a long while… but a new buyer will not have the same patience, they will just go. All because is a real waste of time if the new sellers offer a price in their Gigs, and then when asked they want 3 times more.

Is my personal opinion that the new sellers can put their prices as high as they wish in their packages, but they should earn the rights to send Custom Offers, as their hunger for $$ gives a bad image of Fiverr to new buyers and to Fiverr users in general.

The thing is, my full comment was

Even before there were packages and higher prices, though, I had to hunt the same way because if I just ordered, I got terrible products, empty deliveries or no deliveries.

It was the same for me before there were even such a thing as custom offers. I think it’s actually a bit better now. Some of those inexperienced sellers are so desperate for a quick buck now that they automatically stick a high price on a custom offer or base gig and I know to move on. That’s where I think we don’t see it the same way, but I understand your point.

I agree with you. In fact I would have just gone and placed the order through their gig. Then they wouldn’t be able to charge you extra. If their gig description says one thing, and they have the extra fast delivery listed at $10, than that’s what it should be.

That would be $15

If they put those prices in their gigs no one will order.

You don’t have to accept the custom offer.

People can order a $5 gig directly but then they contact the seller and find out they want something that costs more than $5. Its what sellers always are complaining about.

There is where I had a problem: I had to contact them to make clear what I needed and that they were able to deliver within 24h.

I quote:

if I just ordered, I got terrible products, empty deliveries or no deliveries.

Same thing I wanted to avoid by contacting them first. And noone of the 6 I contacted wanted to work for the prices they offered, they wanted more, that’s a 100%. I’ve failed in all my attempts

There is where I had a problem: I had to contact them to make clear what I needed and that they were able to deliver within 24h.

I quote:

Same thing I wanted to avoid by contacting them first. And noone of the 6 I contacted wanted to work for the prices they offered, they wanted more, that’s a 100%. I’ve failed in all my attempts

Gotcha. In any case, I agree that services offered should match what their gig says. It doesn’t seem right to advertise one thing and then jack the prices up once you contact them.

I quote:

noone of the 6 I contacted wanted to work for the prices they offered, they wanted more, that’s a 100%. I’ve failed in all my attempts

So maybe what you want costs more than $5.

Most buyers know that if they want the best they have to pay more.

Not all buyers are trying to get the best out of a seller and have the seller only get $4.

noone of the 6 I contacted wanted to work for the prices they offered, they wanted more, that’s a 100%. I’ve failed in all my attempts

So maybe what you want costs more than $5.

Most buyers know that if they want the best they have to pay more.

Not all buyers are trying to get the best out of a seller and have the seller only get $4.

maybe what you want costs more than $5.

I wanted a simple portrait design, just the face.

I understand your statement when the seller has 3 packages:

$5 I will design just the face

$10 I will design face and shoulders

$20 I will design the whole body.

Of course I would check what they offer before asking. I didn’t have time to deal prices lower. SO I went for the ones with fixed prices.

But you can see here:

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.1a46f506ef61fe772c0258caa5c0e117.jpg

That was my message after reading his Gig:

$5 Basic + $10 delivery 24h

He answered directly he wants $50, without even asking or knowing what the job was!

I quote:

If they refused to work for their stated prices, report them to Customer Support or place an order and review them accordingly. They can’t break the rules forever either. Sellers shouldn’t switch it up on you, but I think Fiverr is an evolving place and the dishonest ones have to be exposed. Other than that, though, I think it’s just a matter of selection.

You can find $5 sellers if you need a very small service. I don’t know if you’ll find it with 24h delivery, but probably. I do think you’ll still have to hunt for the best or cheapest as more sellers come. Best of luck out there, the jungle keeps growing!

Archived