What Should My New Gig Be?

lucycodex

Since Fiverr took down my editing gig, I am at a loss as to what to replace it with, as I don’t want to reinstate the editing gig just to have it taken down again.

I could make another writing gig, this time for another niche topic I know a bit about?

I have been told by many that I should be on radio because of my voice, but I don’t have any good voice recording software outside of my cell phone. If I had a good mic and a good computer (I write using a Kindle Fire and a Bluetooth Keyboard) I would offer my fantastic and hip book-on-tape skills, but I don’t have the hardware.

Maybe a “I’ll write a comment for you?” gig? Eh, I am not too fond of those…

I am not sure what to make…

Maybe just do a generic copywriting or content writing gig. I would say, though, that you should maybe think about investing in some new tech to expand your capabilities.

I recently picked up a Surface 2 RT tablet for $100 on Ebay. Web browsing can be a bit limited as this whole line is discontinued. However, it comes with full office, has a 12-hour battery life, is lightening fast, and is a life saver for me writing on the go.

Back to writing topics… Tech, real estate, and finance are big sellers for me at the mo. I don’t offer to write exclusively on these subjects, clients just come asking for articles on these themes. These subjects can involve a lot of research and be a bit of a headache but since they are popular niches for me, they could be for you too.

Also, there is conspiracy related stuff. I used to get a lot of requests for this kind of writing and as far as I am aware, it’s a pretty untapped niche.

Since Fiverr took down my editing gig, I am at a loss as to what to replace it with, as I don’t want to reinstate the editing gig just to have it taken down again.

I could make another writing gig, this time for another niche topic I know a bit about?

I have been told by many that I should be on radio because of my voice, but I don’t have any good voice recording software outside of my cell phone. If I had a good mic and a good computer (I write using a Kindle Fire and a Bluetooth Keyboard) I would offer my fantastic and hip book-on-tape skills, but I don’t have the hardware.

#Questions:

1. Why did Fiverr take down your gig?
  2. How old was that gig?
  3. How many reviews did you have on that?
  4. Why don’t you want to reinstate that gig again?

💡 Need these answered before suggesting New Gig! Who knows, you might end up at the same place with the new one as well!

#Questions:

1. Why did Fiverr take down your gig?
  2. How old was that gig?
  3. How many reviews did you have on that?
  4. Why don’t you want to reinstate that gig again?

💡 Need these answered before suggesting New Gig! Who knows, you might end up at the same place with the new one as well!

1. They said it infringed academic ethics against cheating
  2. Pretty new
  3. None.
  4. In case it gets taken down again. I am much better at writing than editing, but decided to give editing a try on a whim.

I should be on radio because of my voice

Try pursuing voiceovers! It looks like a competitive market on Fiverr!

Maybe just do a generic copywriting or content writing gig. I would say, though, that you should maybe think about investing in some new tech to expand your capabilities.

I recently picked up a Surface 2 RT tablet for $100 on Ebay. Web browsing can be a bit limited as this whole line is discontinued. However, it comes with full office, has a 12-hour battery life, is lightening fast, and is a life saver for me writing on the go.

Back to writing topics… Tech, real estate, and finance are big sellers for me at the mo. I don’t offer to write exclusively on these subjects, clients just come asking for articles on these themes. These subjects can involve a lot of research and be a bit of a headache but since they are popular niches for me, they could be for you too.

Also, there is conspiracy related stuff. I used to get a lot of requests for this kind of writing and as far as I am aware, it’s a pretty untapped niche.

Right now I have no money, and am struggling to make enough money to pay bills and eat, even WITH working a part-time job. Otherwise I would buy better tech.

In terms of conspiracy stuff, I cringe every time I see stuff like:

CoverPage_blue_s.thumb.jpg.7bc0d326c7a3e243316977e41fcfeda0.jpg

So I will probably put myself in a coma if I had to go in depth and research those…

Right now I have no money, and am struggling to make enough money to pay bills and eat, even WITH working a part-time job. Otherwise I would buy better tech.

So I will probably put myself in a coma if I had to go in depth and research those…

Bad times will pass 🙂 Not to worry… Start small - You will do great 😃

I’ve been at the no money door too many times. Once I even tried to cook fish fingers in a sieve over some tea lights because I didn’t have enough for power or anything. I hope things start perking up soon!

When you get a gig set up, drop me a message and I will put together a free video for you when I have time free.

I’ve been at the no money door too many times. Once I even tried to cook fish fingers in a sieve over some tea lights because I didn’t have enough for power or anything. I hope things start perking up soon!

When you get a gig set up, drop me a message and I will put together a free video for you when I have time free.

You’re so sweet, thank you! 😊

That’s very good of you Cy 👍

Focus on getting a proper offline job for now; once you start getting a decent income, then you can supplement it with your online income.

Focus on getting a proper offline job for now; once you start getting a decent income, then you can supplement it with your online income.

I dunno Writer. These things can be much easier said than done and every time I’ve taken the risk to keep on going with freelancing, it’s always paid off. The important thing to remember is that for many people to establish themselves, they need to go full time.

I’d say people should go with their gut and what they feel is right for them. Today I’ve made $70. Here that is 12-14 hours working minimum wage. When I started in 2012, I made $50 a week and everyone told me I was a fool and should just get a real job again. If I’d listened to them, I wouldn’t have got here and I’m actually thankful for the struggle in a way…

• Not really, could have done without it actually but you get the gist.

I dunno Writer. These things can be much easier said than done and every time I’ve taken the risk to keep on going with freelancing, it’s always paid off. The important thing to remember is that for many people to establish themselves, they need to go full time.

I’d say people should go with their gut and what they feel is right for them. Today I’ve made $70. Here that is 12-14 hours working minimum wage. When I started in 2012, I made $50 a week and everyone told me I was a fool and should just get a real job again. If I’d listened to them, I wouldn’t have got here and I’m actually thankful for the struggle in a way…

The important thing to remember is that for many people to establish themselves, they need to go full time.

That’s the way, I agree!

I am not too sure about offline jobs either. More often than not, you either get what you don’t like, and you end up hating it, overall. At least I can choose what I want to do, when I am online.

:heart_exclamation:

I understand that, but it’s not really about the wage, it’s about having something to hold you, something stable. Believe it or not, I worked for IBM in a past life, made a fraction of what I make right now. But I had somewhere to go to, a tag to wear, co-workers to talk to, have coffee or lunch with, it was a routine I liked, despite the low pay. Also that gave me at least some respectability. There’s no respect for “freelancer” or “writer” at least in India. Even today, when someone asks my mother what her son does for a living, she says he was working in IBM, but now does his own thing…

I understand that, but it’s not really about the wage, it’s about having something to hold you, something stable. Believe it or not, I worked for IBM in a past life, made a fraction of what I make right now. But I had somewhere to go to, a tag to wear, co-workers to talk to, have coffee or lunch with, it was a routine I liked, despite the low pay. Also that gave me at least some respectability. There’s no respect for “freelancer” or “writer” at least in India. Even today, when someone asks my mother what her son does for a living, she says he was working in IBM, but now does his own thing…

I’m not disrespecting your point of view. But everybody’s situation is different. I decided to become a freelancer and try to be an author and had a lot of savings to be able to afford to take time out of the rat race. You are fabulously wealthy and don’t even need to work if you don’t want to. I personally think that the OP is doing things right by working part time and venturing into going freelance.

Also, nothing has to be about any level of status. Most people just want to be financially comfortable and happy. Moreover, even in stressful times freelancing, I’m way happier doing what I do now and think other people should be supported to do the same.

Anyway, this is getting off topic. We need gig ideas. What are the most popular things which you are being asked to write about at the moment Mr. Fully Booked Until May 23rd?

If it helps anything, in the past 14 days (I only started about 3 weeks ago) I have earned 48 dollars here on Fiverr. Those funds will be a lifesaver for me, and I can’t be more thankful for Fiverr to allow me the opportunity 😊

Exactly what my early takings were like. Keep going!

There’s no respect for “freelancer” or “writer” at least in India. Even today, when someone asks my mother what her son does for a living, she says he was working in IBM, but now does his own thing.

Absolutely! I agree…

In India, this is not what you do ‘respectfully’ and ‘after so many degrees.’ If you do not have a tag hanging from your neck, you are as good as nobody in the society!

But then, I am learning to ignore this. I’m a Web Entrepreneur and that I am happy being.

💡 Ting Tong!

Archived