Major Bug In Search Part 2

n4y33m

Fun Facts for those who are interested

#1. New Algorithm is in place.

#2. Key words usage will ALWAYS bring SERP with the “Relevance” filter.

#3. Fiverr currently has 11 MILLION + sellers.

What’s so special about you?

What’s so special about you?

… is that rhetorical??

I mean… I’m intelligent, blond, tall, thin, I speak currently 5 languages, I’m a Fiverr user… need more? 😏

A little of sweetness to calm the waters…

Yes, we have just taken this thread a little off topic. However, I will hope that the Mods agree that our recent posts can remain just so that people can go “aahh” finally.

Chico is a bit rougher around the edges in real life still but my personal super star. His name means Mighty Ruler of All that is Wise and Good in the Known Universe. Sadly, this only interprets this way in my own self-created language in which Chico is the only word so far. We should leave these musings though, so that people can get back to squabbling:slight_smile:

Yes, we have just taken this thread a little off topic. However, I will hope that the Mods agree that our recent posts can remain just so that people can go “aahh” finally.

Chico is a bit rougher around the edges in real life still but my personal super star. His name means Mighty Ruler of All that is Wise and Good in the Known Universe. Sadly, this only interprets this way in my own self-created language in which Chico is the only word so far. We should leave these musings though, so that people can get back to squabbling:slight_smile:

Please continue - you both get a pass for having amazing dogs.

His name means Mighty Ruler of All that is Wise and Good

… oh then Spanish has changed since last time I was speaking it! 😉

normally it means “guy” or also "little one"

Little guy would fit perfectly though

His name means Mighty Ruler of All that is Wise and Good

… oh then Spanish has changed since last time I was speaking it! 😉

normally it means “guy” or also "little one"

Little guy would fit perfectly though

I actually call him Wee Man. he’s not always as super photogenic though. I call this his moody used car salesman pose.

663601029_2014-05-1514_57_26.thumb.jpg.35ba2075a5a25034a1c5e35ca901bf93.jpg

I completely understand but I have perhaps misrepresented my point. I don’t think that anyone should order anything more than a basic package when approaching a seller for the first time, precisely because of the reasons which you have outlined.

I too have had some awful buying experiences on Fiverr from supposedly reputable sellers. My point about pricing is that I can understand Fiverr’s reason for wanting to up the base price but not announce that they are upping the base price.

Much more importantly, though, I don’t think that it is logical for people to be going hysterical about search result changes before going back to their gigs and experimenting with different presentation and marketing strategies like those which I detailed in my first response on this thread.

People need to stop looking for obvious things like new sellers with no reviews being ranked higher than experienced sellers with thousands. Maybe, for instance, another common trait among the new highly ranked sellers (notice the word MAYBE) is that their profiles feature real pictures, feature better spelling & grammar, and feature videos.

My gigs need work. Much more importantly, I can see gigs offered by people who have commented on this thread which need work. This is why I previously suggested that sellers should create new gigs which offer similar services to their old ones but experiment with different pricing, package, and presentation methods.

Howling at the moon solves nothing unless you are a wolf in search of a mate. Moreover, I really do not believe that if this is a bug, someone on Fiverr’s backend wouldn’t have picked up on it already.

, another common trait among the new highly ranked sellers (notice the word MAYBE) is that their profiles feature real pictures, feature better spelling & grammar, and feature videos

That may be true. In the best possible position in my category is a bedraggled glum chap with a video and his description has one poorly written sentence. His miserable gig has been on the top line in the middle for a month and not had one new review to add to the two he has.

Yet there he continues to sit on that top row in the best position.

, another common trait among the new highly ranked sellers (notice the word MAYBE) is that their profiles feature real pictures, feature better spelling & grammar, and feature videos

That may be true. In the best possible position in my category is a bedraggled glum chap with a video and his description has one poorly written sentence. His miserable gig has been on the top line in the middle for a month and not had one new review to add to the two he has.

Yet there he continues to sit on that top row in the best position.

another common trait among the new highly ranked sellers (notice the word MAYBE) is that their profiles feature real pictures, feature better spelling & grammar, and feature videos

Not really in my category. 1 video, 2 new sellers, 1 seller with a photoshopped image

Why they are putting gigs that never get new reviews on the top best positions, and allow them to be there week after week, makes no sense. No one is buying these.

Why they are putting gigs that never get new reviews on the top best positions,

Because the algorithm is cheap and crappy basically

Why they are putting gigs that never get new reviews on the top best positions, and allow them to be there week after week, makes no sense. No one is buying these.

that’s what we are talking about. Maybe someone has an idea that could help.

Also, contacting fiverr support always help when they realized that is not only 1 user complaining about this.

Also, contacting fiverr support always help when they realized that is not only 1 user complaining about this.

The only factor I’ve found is increasing your price very high. Got 3 gigs landed in the first 2 rows.

I’m looking for a factor to help bring a $5 to the top at the moment.

The only factor I’ve found is increasing your price very high. Got 3 gigs landed in the first 2 rows.

I’m looking for a factor to help bring a $5 to the top at the moment.

i still think that the price is a factor that even fiverr dont want to weight in searches, because it’s really rookie and fail. Fiverr has a looot of competition, and competition normally bring the prices down, not increase them.

Also if fiverr think that we should compete for higher prices, that campaign IN DOERS WE TRUST is completely false.

That’s why i still believe fiverr will change this, but people MUST contact fiverr support, or they will never know about this issue

i still think that the price is a factor that even fiverr dont want to weight in searches, because it’s really rookie and fail. Fiverr has a looot of competition, and competition normally bring the prices down, not increase them.

Also if fiverr think that we should compete for higher prices, that campaign IN DOERS WE TRUST is completely false.

That’s why i still believe fiverr will change this, but people MUST contact fiverr support, or they will never know about this issue

I’m pretty sure they already know, they’re waiting to see if this plan actually brings them more money or if it’s a fail. We’ll have to see in the next couple weeks

I’m pretty sure they already know, they’re waiting to see if this plan actually brings them more money or if it’s a fail. We’ll have to see in the next couple weeks

I’m pretty sure it won work.

why would someone buy something for $50 if they could buy a better for $5?

It makes no sense. That’s why I think that fiverr team wouldnt be dumb at this point.

Financially talking, it wont help these high price gigs and also not those small prices gigs which were sent hidden for other pages, but ONLY those FEW who still sit on the first page by $5.

I’ll be honest, If I was one of those FEW users who are getting benefits from this, I wouldn’t be here. I’m sure I wouldn’t even realize this problem

Archived