To all buyers - What do you think about the new prices?

seo_4_rank

poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Agree
    • Disagree

Hello all! I am here in fiverr for not so long, but I am a buyer too. So heres my question to buyers, what do you think about the new concept of fiverr to encourage sellers to increase base price for gigs? Do you agree or disagree? I would like to hear more buyer’s opinions. Thanks.

• Agree
  • Disagree

0voters

I am not convinced that fiverr is trying to get sellers to raise prices. I have seen nothing that would make me think that.

I understand someone mentioned this recently in a discussion but that is not my experience. On the contrary the gigs on top in my category are all ones that only sell for $5 or $10 so let’s not make baseless assumptions.

I am not convinced that fiverr is trying to get sellers to raise prices. I have seen nothing that would make me think that.

I understand someone mentioned this recently in a discussion but that is not my experience. On the contrary the gigs on top in my category are all ones that only sell for $5 or $10 so let’s not make baseless assumptions.

Hi, haven’t you received that popup saying that fiverr is changing and it is time to adjust the prices?

Nope. Can you tell me what it said and when you saw it? Or were you joking?

Not a joke. At least in digital marketing / seo category we have received a notification that we should update to correct subcategory and adjust our prices. And gigs that haven’t updated this info could be removed from site.

Guest offlinehelpers

Not a joke. At least in digital marketing / seo category we have received a notification that we should update to correct subcategory and adjust our prices. And gigs that haven’t updated this info could be removed from site.

This may offer some help:

favicon.ico

68a06a221828e951da11e5d829baefe200ce4b4d_1_404x500.png

Fiverr is a dynamic marketplace that grows and adapts as the needs and skill sets of our buyers and sellers evolve. We constantly reevaluate our platform to better suit our users’ changing requirements. As part of this ongoing goal, and the rate at...

Reading time: 10 mins ? Likes: 1962 ❤

screen_shot_2017-03-21_at_3_00.12_pm.png.e1e12d12c37d8d13ad35cecd883a02ce.png

You are not a seller, you have no gigs and you only created your account recently.

How did you get that pop-up?

You don’t have any reviews. For that reason, Fiverr isn’t likely to categorize you as a seller – no matter how many gigs you may have put on pause.

So?? Because I don’t have reviews I can’t buy things on fiverr too? I can’t give my opinion on how to improve it?

So?? Because I don’t have reviews I can’t buy things on fiverr too? I can’t give my opinion on how to improve it?

Sure you can! It just might confuse others like it did me. You didn’t realize it was only for your category.

Maybe you could edit your title to say it’s just for digital marketing or something.

Here on Fiverr, there are buyers, and there are sellers. Some users are both. If you’re only a buyer (and have no reviews as a seller), then what stakes do you have in the selling end of things? You can always share your opinion, but that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to agree with it.

Sooner or later, base gig price on fiverr, has to increase as inflation keeps on growing world over, or there will be few gigs available at $5. But fiverr would like to stick to $5 base price as far as possible because that is how they started and the word “five” is in their domain name. So what will happen is only gigs which involves less human work, and those who are using automated software to provide the services will offer gigs at $5.
And it is natural that seller will look for more price and buyer will look for less price.

Archived