No order for a week

thomas_resume

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a third party involved at this stage would probably take this interaction beyond the PG rating of the forum.

OP has no orders for a week - discuss.

I forgot there was a topic lingering behind all of this - I also don’t think I have the answers. I’ve been left flustered, out of likes and without even a drink to show for it. This forum sucks!

OK, I’ve cleaned things up a bit from my side as I guess we did start derailing from the original topic, so here’s a re-start of the discussion. No orders for a week. Maybe it’s the search results’ fault:

Think Fiverr want to give everyone a chance. That's why new sellers are at the top of search results. Seems to be a new policy.

I would honestly agree with that IF the search results would actually be rotated like CS claimed before, but the top first rows always have the same gigs all the time, with no gig rotation noticed whatsoever 😦

OK, I’ve cleaned things up a bit from my side as I guess we did start derailing from the original topic, so here’s a re-start of the discussion. No orders for a week. Maybe it’s the search results’ fault:

Think Fiverr want to give everyone a chance. That's why new sellers are at the top of search results. Seems to be a new policy.

I would honestly agree with that IF the search results would actually be rotated like CS claimed before, but the top first rows always have the same gigs all the time, with no gig rotation noticed whatsoever 😦

I would honestly agree with that IF the search results would actually be rotated like CS claimed before, but the top first rows always have the same gigs all the time, with no gig rotation noticed whatsoever

I feel like this has been a topic beaten to death lately. In fact, wasn’t this topic spread out over three different forum topics – that all went in circles – and were closed by the Mods? 😉

I would honestly agree with that IF the search results would actually be rotated like CS claimed before, but the top first rows always have the same gigs all the time, with no gig rotation noticed whatsoever

I feel like this has been a topic beaten to death lately. In fact, wasn’t this topic spread out over three different forum topics – that all went in circles – and were closed by the Mods? 😉

Really? I’ve recently started re-using the forum after a long break, so I wasn’t aware of any of that. I simply pointed out my observation without knowing what has been said while I was away 😉 So, has anyone reached to any conclusions after all those topics about why there is actually no rotation with the top few rows?

Really? I’ve recently started re-using the forum after a long break, so I wasn’t aware of any of that. I simply pointed out my observation without knowing what has been said while I was away 😉 So, has anyone reached to any conclusions after all those topics about why there is actually no rotation with the top few rows?

The answer repeatedly posted by many in those closed threads (on this topic) was that, we will never know how the search function works, or even the specifics of the algorithm that maintains the search results. Trying to figure out how it works (in order to game the system, or artificially promote your own gigs to the top) is a pointless discussion.

This is not information we will ever know.

The answer repeatedly posted by many in those closed threads (on this topic) was that, we will never know how the search function works, or even the specifics of the algorithm that maintains the search results. Trying to figure out how it works (in order to game the system, or artificially promote your own gigs to the top) is a pointless discussion.

This is not information we will ever know.

Yes, that I completely understood, and it’s logical to keep the search algos a secret 😉 But what I don’t understand is why CS told me and others that gigs rotate in search results to give everyone a chance, yet I always see the same gigs at the top rows.

Yes, that I completely understood, and it’s logical to keep the search algos a secret 😉 But what I don’t understand is why CS told me and others that gigs rotate in search results to give everyone a chance, yet I always see the same gigs at the top rows.

This is something only CS can answer.

• 3 months later...

I’m a Fiverr Noob and it’s really weird that I haven’t had a client message me or order in around start job in Fiverr.

but I am a graphic designer with more experience but new in Fiverr

I’m a Fiverr Noob and it’s really weird that I haven’t had a client message me or order in around start job in Fiverr.

but I am a graphic designer with more experience but new in Fiberr

First of all, this is “Fiverr”, not “Fiberr”.

Second, how is it weird that you aren’t gaining orders? Being in business on Fiverr does not guarantee that you will always have orders to complete. In fact, Fiverr specifically states that they cannot guarantee any level of sales. You are hosting your services here on Fiverr. You are responsible for earning your own sales.

So… what are YOU doing to earn your sales?

but I am a graphic designer with more experience but new in Fiberr

First of all, this is “Fiverr”, not “Fiberr”.

Second, how is it weird that you aren’t gaining orders? Being in business on Fiverr does not guarantee that you will always have orders to complete. In fact, Fiverr specifically states that they cannot guarantee any level of sales. You are hosting your services here on Fiverr. You are responsible for earning your own sales.

So… what are YOU doing to earn your sales?

Making some Gig. i will try to make a gig looking good,

Archived