Voiceover People Only - What Software Do You Use and Why?

markusvoice

I’ve been doing voiceovers for awhile, I work on and off-fiverr and have done commercials, video games and few books…and I was brought up on Protools, but ever since I found Adobe Audition (when I first started using it, it was called Adobe Soundbooth) I’ve been hooked. I love the interface across of the other Adobe products that I use when making videos (Photoshop, Premier Pro and Illustrator), make a change in one place, save with the same name and it will save and replace it across any other platform that files appears in. Efficient.
But back to voiceovers, I find it extremely intuitive and the level of editing effects I need to deliver a flawless track, even on days when I’m not in my best vocal tones. So for me, Adobe Audition over Protools and definitely over freeware like Audacity…but I do use Twisted Wave when I’m traveling and have to set up in a hotel (closet usually) and deliver a track on the road.

MyVoice.jpg.82d0248420bf7105ffcbb9eb0488e165.jpg

I’m also an adobe audition fan and that is the only program I use now. I started out with cubase as it was recommended by the guys at the music store where I purchased my gear, but I later found audition and haven’t looked back. Audition is the almost perfect program for VO - if only it could auto split files and punch n roll, it would be amazing!

Archived