Fiverr's stance on information sharing

thecreativeguys

I would like to share the response I received from support regarding if one may:

1. Create a “s***e service” gig.
  2. Exchange contact details.
  3. Offer phone consultations.

My question:
I wanted to know if I am allowed to offer phone consultations, meaning, let’s say a client is interested in doing a project with me, I would have an initial conversation over the phone. Is this permissible?

Response:
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us about this. It is against our Terms of Services to provide or request contact information from other Fiverr users.

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

If the buyer’s personal contact information is necessary for you to complete your Gig (such as a s***e Gig), please mention this in your Gig title (if possible), Gig description, and in your order requirements. Please advise your buyers to only submit the required information, and to only send this information via the order page.

Please also note that not all Gigs that require an exchange of personal contact information are accepted by our content editors. Here is an example of a s***e-related Gig that was approved by our editors:

{A link to a s***e Gig}

That is cool.
I heard a lot about that CS allow people to use this kind of services.
Your response made it clear how sellers can provide consultant services without losing their precious account. In this case, I think, Fiverr should add this to TOS page so that sellers doesn’t need to ask for permission or contact them about this issue. Their content editor will just check and approve, done! 😃

Archived