Mutual Cancellation effect Fiverr rating or not?

art4kala

Does anybody know if Mutual cancellation or cancel the order effect Fiverr rating or will it cause a decrease in the selling?
I tried my best that I never cancel an order. But sometime Buyer order me with a different type of work which I never was done, sometime they order mistakenly or sometime they love my work but tell me to cancel.
Cancel the order is really the most frustrating and I want to know now if it really effects on the selling.

If anyone wants to discuss, please do.

Thank you.

Guest offlinehelpers

It happens, don’t worry too much about it.

The alternative could be the buyer not getting what they thought they’d ordered, even though you don’t offer it, and you get a negative review.

Definitely the lesser of two evils! 🙂

It happens, don’t worry too much about it.

The alternative could be the buyer not getting what they thought they’d ordered, even though you don’t offer it, and you get a negative review.

Definitely the lesser of two evils! 🙂

Yes, I think you’re right. I don’t have to worry too much about the cancellation.

It’s impossible to prevent a cancellation in the long run when you work with so many clients from all over the world - that’s because it’s virtually not possible to satisfy every client in this world.

Here’s some insight into my cancellations over a period of 7+ years along with their reasons, which as you can see almost all are not of my fault, assuming that the impossibility to satisfy a bad or incompatible demand is not my fault 😉

• 126 cancellations because the buyer ordered by mistake

• 204 cancellations because the buyer didn’t provide any or all requested instructions on time

• 350 cancellations because the buyer wanted something entirely different than what my gig advertised

• 158 cancellations because the info provided by the buyer was incompatible with my gig or was not usable

• 178 cancellations because the buyer behaved fishy and after sending a sample of my work they said it wasn’t what they expected

• 350 cancellations because the buyer requested a lot more than my gig offers, or because the buyer requested too much work for the cheapest value with no interest in upgrading whatsoever

• 76 cancellations by Fiverr Admin (e.g. some client paypal chargebacks, but most of them made by CS at my request because they were forgotten incomplete orders where the buyer failed to provide the info after months or years since placing their orders)

• 14 cancellations made by me because I couldn’t deliver for various reasons (i.e. family-related problems, health-related problems, failed computer and no means to deliver or pause my gigs, etc.)

As you can see, after years go by it’s practically impossible to prevent cancellations from ever happening. You just have to get used to them since they are part of every business out there in the world, and it’s the way you deal with them that makes you a better seller and person.

P.S. as for whether mutual cancellations affect your rating/sales or not, after 1456 cancellations I’m still here and still getting orders (although maybe not like I used to get them a few years back, but can also be due to the world economics/politics and such, global crises and all that, who knows)

It’s impossible to prevent a cancellation in the long run when you work with so many clients from all over the world - that’s because it’s virtually not possible to satisfy every client in this world.

Here’s some insight into my cancellations over a period of 7+ years along with their reasons, which as you can see almost all are not of my fault, assuming that the impossibility to satisfy a bad or incompatible demand is not my fault 😉

• 204 cancellations because the buyer didn’t provide any or all requested instructions on time

• 350 cancellations because the buyer wanted something entirely different than what my gig advertised

• 158 cancellations because the info provided by the buyer was incompatible with my gig or was not usable

• 178 cancellations because the buyer behaved fishy and after sending a sample of my work they said it wasn’t what they expected

• 350 cancellations because the buyer requested a lot more than my gig offers, or because the buyer requested too much work for the cheapest value with no interest in upgrading whatsoever

• 76 cancellations by Fiverr Admin (e.g. some client paypal chargebacks, but most of them made by CS at my request because they were forgotten incomplete orders where the buyer failed to provide the info after months or years since placing their orders)

• 14 cancellations made by me because I couldn’t deliver for various reasons (i.e. family-related problems, health-related problems, failed computer and no means to deliver or pause my gigs, etc.)

As you can see, after years go by it’s practically impossible to prevent cancellations from ever happening. You just have to get used to them since they are part of every business out there in the world, and it’s the way you deal with them that makes you a better seller and person.

P.S. as for whether mutual cancellations affect your rating/sales or not, after 1456 cancellations I’m still here and still getting orders (although maybe not like I used to get them a few years back, but can also be due to the world economics/politics and such, global crises and all that, who knows)

I agree with you, as you have a great long experience with Fiverr.

Thank you for sharing your experience here. I really appreciate that.

Amazing advice right there.

Thanks for sharing for very useful information.

Archived