Never Say NO Buyers

elmaraliyev

It is my second month. Last month i earned 100$, this month my income is 200$. Thereby my golden rule in Fiverr, NEVER SAY NO. I want to talk about my just finished gig. My client asked more work for less money, and i agreed, i designed attractive landing page and fixed some issues with main website, which created another freelancer so my client gave me tips for this, 5 star rating and positive review and this client gave me another 2 works. That’s why this rule is GOLDEN for me, because i’m getting more than money thanks to this rule i’m building good relationship with my clients and this is most important part of successful Fiverr business.

It’s nice to see you are so dedicated but don’t ever reserve the right to say NO.

You might be quite new to this plattform, perhaps new to freelancing in general. You might have not experienced certain situations in which you just have to say NO.

Don’t undervalue your work. There will be situations in which people will start taking advantage of you.
It’s your choice and your business, but I politely disagree with your golden rule.

It’s nice to see you are so dedicated but don’t ever reserve the right to say NO.

You might be quite new to this plattform, perhaps new to freelancing in general. You might have not experienced certain situations in which you just have to say NO.

Don’t undervalue your work. There will be situations in which people will start taking advantage of you.

It’s your choice and your business, but I politely disagree with your golden rule.

Couldn’t say it better. You go girl. 😃

Good stuff.
However, if building good relationships with clients is your aim, you can deliver everything for free! For sure, they will be happy with you and always have plenty of work to give you.
To be fair though, that is not a relationship - or if it is, it is an abusive relationship which people should never stay in. A healthy business relationship is when both parties gain from it. This requires you providing good value for money and you clients providing money for good services. If you begin giving them more than was agreed, this is a very difficult habit to break and you will find that what they require becomes bigger and bigger. My advice would be to be straight with them and when they require more, charge more. If they respect you and like your work then they will pay. If not, then you just saved some time.

Great to know about YOUR relationship building strategies. But the problem is, not everyone is like that. I mean at least I am not able to say yes to a buyer to whom i am not comfortable and the prices he is offering are way too low than mine.

There are times buyers want almost free work. I am talking about the ones who take that FIVE word in Fiverr very seriously. They think they can ask for entire universe on fiverr for just $5. In that case, at least i am in the group that is going to say NO, a big one.

Either you have not encountered these types of buyers or may be you are DANGEROUSLY NICE to them… 😉

Great to know about YOUR relationship building strategies. But the problem is, not everyone is like that. I mean at least I am not able to say yes to a buyer to whom i am not comfortable and the prices he is offering are way too low than mine.

There are times buyers want almost free work. I am talking about the ones who take that FIVE word in Fiverr very seriously. They think they can ask for entire universe on fiverr for just $5. In that case, at least i am in the group that is going to say NO, a big one.

Either you have not encountered these types of buyers or may be you are DANGEROUSLY NICE to them… 😉

they can ask for entire universe on fiverr for just $5.

OP appears as “not only willingly to give the entire UNIVERSE but also He/She can borrow Andromeda for customers 😉

It is my second month. Last month i earned 100$, this month my income is 200$. Thereby my golden rule in Fiverr, NEVER SAY NO. I want to talk about my just finished gig. My client asked more work for less money, and i agreed, i designed attractive landing page and fixed some issues with main website, which created another freelancer so my client gave me tips for this, 5 star rating and positive review and this client gave me another 2 works. That’s why this rule is GOLDEN for me, because i’m getting more than money thanks to this rule i’m building good relationship with my clients and this is most important part of successful Fiverr business.

Thereby my golden rule in Fiverr, NEVER SAY NO. I want to talk about my just finished gig. My client asked more work for less money, and i agreed,

Hm, interesting… If this strategy is working for you then, by all means, keep up the Good Work!👍

The Golden rule for a seller is to know your worth, set boundaries. We are NOT obligated to do work, that we don’t feel comfortable in doing, outside of our gig offering etc… I’ll happily exercise my rights to say yes or no.

Just me 2¢ cents.

Actually,

The Golden Rule is do onto other as you would have them do unto you.
Having said that, Never is a looooooooooong time.
My mantra, my core belief, my inner unicorn tells me all the time to know your value.
I say “no” often…well, not often, but enough that I turn down jobs that I simply know I can not do.
It it cost me more then $4 to do a job that a buyer wants me to do for $4, then I’d be working for free. Thats a no-no for me.
I always go back to the time value of money. To counter your point, I gave a client an offer of $125 for a video he countered with $50. I said no. He came back 3 days later and accepted my offer. If it works for you, thats fantastic, but the word “never” and “say” and “no” don’t work for me.

Guest jenihiggs

I agree with you. I turn away buyers if they are requesting something unreasonable. For example my $5 gig is 300 words. I once had a buyer who wanted me to read the 30 pages that she already had and then add 300 words to it. I def wasn’t going to read 30 pages for $5. I also get more inquiries than I can easily handle between fiverr and the other platforms I use, so I have to turn some work away. I don’t bend on pricing or services and that’s my way of turning away excess work.

As a “Buyer” I would never want a person to do work for free. Rather I prefer to work with 1 or 2 people max who get to know what I want and how I work, and build up a longer working relationship that way. Which in the end benefits both partys. I do not see the point of a person feeling under valued or taken for granted … rather I want those who do my projects to be totally motivated and give 100% in return they can expect to be treat with respect and never made to feel as if im looking for a free lunch.

If everyone works in this way - surely it can only be a good thing 🙂 So far im really happy with my Fiver experience .

As a “Buyer” I would never want a person to do work for free. Rather I prefer to work with 1 or 2 people max who get to know what I want and how I work, and build up a longer working relationship that way. Which in the end benefits both partys. I do not see the point of a person feeling under valued or taken for granted … rather I want those who do my projects to be totally motivated and give 100% in return they can expect to be treat with respect and never made to feel as if im looking for a free lunch.

If everyone works in this way - surely it can only be a good thing 🙂 So far im really happy with my Fiver experience .

@dinospadone,

I agree with you. That is exactly how I go about it as well.

The best about having a regular seller is the communication and end factor. The more I work with a seller, easier it gets. They know exactly what I want and I don’t have to worry about end product.

Archived