My gig was unjustly removed [Solved]

I am a newbie on this site, and created my gig barely hours ago. I was dismayed to receive a mail informing me that my Gig was removed.
Please read the mail as they sent and also read my gig description-that’s if it’s still up. They will have to remove all other academic writers, I guess.

“Seems your Gig is not appropriate for the Fiverr marketplace. We suggest that you do some research to see what type of Gigs do well and are in demand by our buyers”

Judging from your profile, you offer academic writing which is a service which Fiverr does not allow any more, regardless of where you are from.
Please refrain from making baseless claims about discrimination and if you do have any proof of mistreatment etc, please contact customer support and explain your accusations there as the Forum moderators have no way of verifying any such claims.

your gig isn’t viewable but I can tell you if you offered to write an essay or thesis or any type of school or university paper, it isn’t allowed. It’s unethical and against TOS.

What was your gig offering?

Thanks for your answer. I didn’t offer writing thesis for anyone. I although mentioned I was a university lecturer and that I would help write academic papers in the life sciences.

Judging from your profile, you offer academic writing which is a service which Fiverr does not allow any more, regardless of where you are from.

Please refrain from making baseless claims about discrimination and if you do have any proof of mistreatment etc, please contact customer support and explain your accusations there as the Forum moderators have no way of verifying any such claims.

Come on man, I did quite some research before creating my gig. I’m no novice. I saw hundreds of gigs offering similar service as mine. Unless you mean to tell me they’ve all been deactivated!

Come on man, I did quite some research before creating my gig. I’m no novice. I saw hundreds of gigs offering similar service as mine. Unless you mean to tell me they’ve all been deactivated!

As I said, they don’t allow that service any more. Those who create new gigs or edit existing ones offering that service will have them removed. Eventually they will all be removed. Instead of researching the gigs which are available, check the Terms of Service and other information provided by Fiverr.

Thanks for your answer. I didn’t offer writing thesis for anyone. I although mentioned I was a university lecturer and that I would help write academic papers in the life sciences.

You are an University Lecturer and you are offering to write the paper for University students? That is plagiarism. Those students should write their own paper.

As I said, they don’t allow that service any more. Those who create new gigs or edit existing ones offering that service will have them removed. Eventually they will all be removed. Instead of researching the gigs which are available, check the Terms of Service and other information provided by Fiverr.

Thanks… That’s more like a logical answer!

@raymondchidozie

Can we now get an apology for being called those names you called the Fiverr community?

I'd appreciate it. I know you said those very nasty comments out of anger.

I sincerely apologize.

I was just upset; getting a new account, creating a gig and having it deactivated was just too much to bear in a bit.

And about the Nigerian part, it’s common practice for Nigerians to use fake images or mask their locations using VPNs to avoid being identified as Nigerians. And sincerely they may have misguided fears for doing so.

I chose to be honest with my location and all. So, I was a wee angry when I got the deactivation message.

Do you live your life in a constant state of anger? Just because your gig was removed (justly, it seems) doesn't mean it has anything to do with your skin tone or any other arbitrary factor.

I do not. And that’s an inappropriate question I find offensive. You don’t know what it’s like to be who or where I am.

I sincerely apologize.

I was just upset; getting a new account, creating a gig and having it deactivated was just too much to bear in a bit.

And about the Nigerian part, it’s common practice for Nigerians to use fake images or mask their locations using VPNs to avoid being identified as Nigerians. And sincerely they may have misguided fears for doing so.

I chose to be honest with my location and all. So, I was a wee angry when I got the deactivation message.

Nothing wrong with Nigerians. There are bad sellers and bad people everywhere.

Nigerians get bad reputations because the old Nigerian 419 scams. People need to realize that scammers come from other places in Africa and rest of the world.

In fact, I travelled to Nigeria, Lagos, Abuja and Kano

The OP is right. We can’t know what it’s like to be him living where he lives.

He probably feels he has good reason for his line of thinking. Until we can actually be him, we need to try to be understanding. I’m sure he didn’t mean to offend anyone.

Crystal,

Still no excuse for anger.

I sincerely apologize.

I sincerely apologize.

That should be enough.

It seems my original thought of “constant anger” wasn’t too far off the mark.

Hey, I have edited my post. And I repeat, I do not live in anger and I am not angry with you. Even though it seems you just want me to blow a fuse. Let use sheath our swords. I overacted, for which I have apologized. Case closed!

I sincerely apologize.

That should be enough.

OT: Miroslav

It was me who flagged your post. Looking for an apology for something that was not aimed directly at you does not make sense and added nothing to the conversation.

That should be enough.

Well said!

Archived