I am looking for some positive advice

karina_m

Hello fellas!

First of all I want to apologize for making a thread that almost every new Fiverr seller do, ask for help to improve the sells, but I read a lot of articles and threads and I’m still looking for my mistakes, so what I am asking here is a clear criticism. I want to ask you to check my profile and/or gigs and tell me, as a buyer, why you are not choosing me to do the job for you.

I’d tried to be sincere with the descriptions and offers so the buyer doesn’t feel cheated, but perhaps the fear to offer beyond my skills and end up disappointing my buyer hold me back, that’s why I’m asking for your constructive feedback!

I shared my profile/gigs and reply some buyer requests (one of them with sample of my work) but one week later I still didn’t get any request and I am willing to make this work!

My profile:
https://www.fiverr.com/karina_m#!

My 3D model gig:
https://www.fiverr.com/karina_m/help-you-with-3d-modelling?funnel=d299b770-e655-4157-b89f-20b215acdd68

My translation gig:
https://www.fiverr.com/karina_m/translate-for-you-in-english-or-brazilian-portuguese?funnel=d299b770-e655-4157-b89f-20b215acdd68

Feel free to show me where I did wrong: spelling, pricing, images, descriptions, the gig itself, anything I can think about it to make my profile better and worthwhile. I can handle tough love!

Thank you for your attention and time to help me with this, you are the best community I’ve ever seen! 😍

Edit 1: Spelling and making the reply to buyer request clear!
Edit 2: I just want to thank you all for your time, replies and kindness! I’m still working on some advices, but I am already feeling better about the progress I just made! I can’t thank you enough for your comments and private messages! You guys are the best! 😍

Thank you. Your post is refreshing from the usual that I see everyday. I truly dislike and stopped helping those that act helpless.

I appreciate the fact you are willing to accept criticisms and opened yourself up to it. ❤️

I looked at your profile. I am a writer/author of mainly short stories/novellas and a few novels. I’ve gotten my book blurbs translated into various languages, so I was interested in your English to Portuguese.

It’s great you are open and honest, but you’re giving the wrong facts to potential buyers. Your gig needs to capture my attention. I recommend with a unique header that captures buyer’s attention.

You may also want to put something in English and then in Portuguese right below it. I always love it when I can see a sample.

Don’t talk about your experience, but what you can do for me. It’s okay to brag about yourself and why I should hire you instead of someone else.

One of our regulars here, @miiila is a German to English/English to German translator. She is very successful. Just in case she misses your post, I’ve just called her. 😀

Best, Gina

Thank you. Your post is refreshing from the usual that I see everyday. I truly dislike and stopped helping those that act helpless.

I appreciate the fact you are willing to accept criticisms and opened yourself up to it. ❤️

I looked at your profile. I am a writer/author of mainly short stories/novellas and a few novels. I’ve gotten my book blurbs translated into various languages, so I was interested in your English to Portuguese.

It’s great you are open and honest, but you’re giving the wrong facts to potential buyers. Your gig needs to capture my attention. I recommend with a unique header that captures buyer’s attention.

You may also want to put something in English and then in Portuguese right below it. I always love it when I can see a sample.

Don’t talk about your experience, but what you can do for me. It’s okay to brag about yourself and why I should hire you instead of someone else.

One of our regulars here, @miiila is a German to English/English to German translator. She is very successful. Just in case she misses your post, I’ve just called her. 😀

Best, Gina

Thank you so much for your reply, Gina! 😍

I will definitely look to improve the header, discription and describe into brazilian portuguese too!

I hope someday I can help you to translate your work to my language, I’ll be honored to do it!

Best wishes to you, Gina!

Hello! I checked out both of your gigs. I think they are unique and well written! Remember though, it says you started this month. Most sellers have to wait around three to four weeks before getting a single order. So don’t worry and be patient.

As for your gigs:
I would put “3D model” instead of “3D modelling”. I know it sounds weird, but just try it and see. Just for the fact that “modelling” and “modeling” are the exact same word, but different English origin. So keeping it short and sweet might make it more visible. Also, 3D model is what pops up right away in the Fiverr search engine. I hope that made sense, and I am offering ok advice. That was all I could see to help you with because your gigs do seem ready to go! 🙂

Hello! I checked out both of your gigs. I think they are unique and well written! Remember though, it says you started this month. Most sellers have to wait around three to four weeks before getting a single order. So don’t worry and be patient.

As for your gigs:

I would put “3D model” instead of “3D modelling”. I know it sounds weird, but just try it and see. Just for the fact that “modelling” and “modeling” are the exact same word, but different English origin. So keeping it short and sweet might make it more visible. Also, 3D model is what pops up right away in the Fiverr search engine. I hope that made sense, and I am offering ok advice. That was all I could see to help you with because your gigs do seem ready to go! 🙂

I’ll edit “modelling” to “model”, no doubt!

I have in mind that can take a really long time to get a first buyer, but I am soooo anxious about it! 😆

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Best wishes to you!!! 😊

Hi Karina, first of all welcome here.

Second, it’s great you’re proactive and work on this instead of complaining like many people who come here.

I’ll be sincere too, as being not and saying ‘looks great’ won’t really help you, so I’m telling you things as I see them, from the perspective of a fellow translator. 🙂
2 problems I can see from your post here,
we know this a forum and not what you do as a job for a buyer, but your gig says you translate not ‘only’ English > Br.Portuguese but also translate into English.
In your post here you wrote ‘discription’, not once, I’d peg that as a typo, no problem on a forum, but three times, which makes it look as if you don’t know it’s written ‘description’.
Tbh that would be a red flag for me as a Buyer of a translation gig involving English in whichever direction.

Do a good spellcheck/proofreading on everything you write in English, be it your gig descriptions or offers to buyer requests. And I’d recommend to only do English >Br. Portuguese, if the latter is your native tongue, and not Br.Portuguese > English until things like ‘discription’ won’t happen anymore.

Which leads us to the second issue, did I understand you right that you posted in buyer requests instead of replying to requests posted by buyers? If yes, that’s not allowed and can even lead to the suspension of your account, better don’t do it and do a forum search on ‘buyer request’. 🔎 search function is top right, lots of useful posts on how to write good offers that might get a buyer to accept yours.

Hope this helps a bit. If you have any specific questions regarding translation/your translation gig, you’re welcome to ask here, I’ll try to answer, on the others I can’t say much.

🍀

Oh and BTW, while Gina said I translate German<>English, both directions, my gigs all say English>German. I do both directions if people specifically ask me to, that’s right, though not all kinds of texts, but my Gigs actually say German into English, not vice versa.

Hi Karina, first of all welcome here.

Second, it’s great you’re proactive and work on this instead of complaining like many people who come here.

I’ll be sincere too, as being not and saying ‘looks great’ won’t really help you, so I’m telling you things as I see them, from the perspective of a fellow translator. 🙂

2 problems I can see from your post here,

we know this a forum and not what you do as a job for a buyer, but your gig says you translate not ‘only’ English > Br.Portuguese but also translate into English.

In your post here you wrote ‘discription’, not once, I’d peg that as a typo, no problem on a forum, but three times, which makes it look as if you don’t know it’s written ‘description’.

Tbh that would be a red flag for me as a Buyer of a translation gig involving English in whichever direction.

Do a good spellcheck/proofreading on everything you write in English, be it your gig descriptions or offers to buyer requests. And I’d recommend to only do English >Br. Portuguese, if the latter is your native tongue, and not Br.Portuguese > English until things like ‘discription’ won’t happen anymore.

Which leads us to the second issue, did I understand you right that you posted in buyer requests instead of replying to requests posted by buyers? If yes, that’s not allowed and can even lead to the suspension of your account, better don’t do it and do a forum search on ‘buyer request’. 🔎 search function is top right, lots of useful posts on how to write good offers that might get a buyer to accept yours.

Hope this helps a bit. If you have any specific questions regarding translation/your translation gig, you’re welcome to ask here, I’ll try to answer, on the others I can’t say much.

🍀

Oh and BTW, while Gina said I translate German<>English, both directions, my gigs all say English>German. I do both directions if people specifically ask me to, that’s right, though not all kinds of texts, but my Gigs actually say German into English, not vice versa.

Hello miiila, thank you for your kindness!

I am really embarrassed about the “discription”/“description” slip! 😳 It was a lack of attention, thank you for bringing this to my attention! I understand your point and I’ll be more careful from now on!

About the buyers requests, I replied to some requests, I didn’t posted there as seller don’t worry about it! My conscience don’t allow me to do such thing, but thank you for explain the best you could why I shouldn’t do it! 😉

Thank you for your honesty and for helping me improve!

Best wishes for you!!!

Hello miiila, thank you for your kindness!

I am really embarrassed about the “discription”/“description” slip! 😳 It was a lack of attention, thank you for bringing this to my attention! I understand your point and I’ll be more careful from now on!

About the buyers requests, I replied to some requests, I didn’t posted there as seller don’t worry about it! My conscience don’t allow me to do such thing, but thank you for explain the best you could why I shouldn’t do it! 😉

Thank you for your honesty and for helping me improve!

Best wishes for you!!!

Ah, great, your wording on buyer request wasn’t quite clear to me, so I was a bit worried for you indeed.

The rest is fine, you look pretty young still and you’ll get better with every day you work and gain experience on the job. From your attitude and all I’d say full steam ahead. 🙂

Absolutely keep checking buyer requests and sending offers, read the requests very carefully and in your offer text make clear to the buyer that you did just that, address them by the name if you know it from their request, and type it in word or somewhere so you won’t have slips when you’re tired or something, just where it counts.

I found a few great repeat customers through Buyer request.

P. S. and try to send offers from pc only not from phone, whenever possible, phones are very tricky and love to make us translators, proofreaders and so on look bad. AKA autocorrect. 😉

Ah, great, your wording on buyer request wasn’t quite clear to me, so I was a bit worried for you indeed.

The rest is fine, you look pretty young still and you’ll get better with every day you work and gain experience on the job. From your attitude and all I’d say full steam ahead. 🙂

Absolutely keep checking buyer requests and sending offers, read the requests very carefully and in your offer text make clear to the buyer that you did just that, address them by the name if you know it from their request, and type it in word or somewhere so you won’t have slips when you’re tired or something, just where it counts.

I found a few great repeat customers through Buyer request.

P. S. and try to send offers from pc only not from phone, whenever possible, phones are very tricky and love to make us translators, proofreaders and so on look bad. AKA autocorrect. 😉

I’ll miiila! Thank you very much for your support and concern!

I’ll keep in mind to send offer to buyer request just from my PC!

😘

Hi,

tbh, the translation gig seems to be a I could that, why not kinda thing. An afterthought. For example, I could be miiila’s competitor. But I know there’s a tough market out there with sellers who are dedicated translators and know their way around using language much better than I do. So I shouldn’t be working as a translator here. I think it’s fairly important to have a profile that communicates “I am great at x” than a “I’ll do alright with x,y and z”.

As for the 3d modelling, you have 7 slots for gigs. Use them. Don’t just write that you also do high-poly models, make a gig for this. And then maybe another one spefically for game assets or the house plans you mention. And don’t forget that you can upload .pdfs to a gig’s gallery. The sunshade is a bit lonely 😉

In any case, welcome! There have been lots of people recently who seem to think signing up to Fiverr grants them a pot of gold, now crying about where to find it. Your post was a nice break. 🙂

Hi,

tbh, the translation gig seems to be a I could that, why not kinda thing. An afterthought. For example, I could be miiila’s competitor. But I know there’s a tough market out there with sellers who are dedicated translators and know their way around using language much better than I do. So I shouldn’t be working as a translator here. I think it’s fairly important to have a profile that communicates “I am great at x” than a “I’ll do alright with x,y and z”.

As for the 3d modelling, you have 7 slots for gigs. Use them. Don’t just write that you also do high-poly models, make a gig for this. And then maybe another one spefically for game assets or the house plans you mention. And don’t forget that you can upload .pdfs to a gig’s gallery. The sunshade is a bit lonely 😉

In any case, welcome! There have been lots of people recently who seem to think signing up to Fiverr grants them a pot of gold, now crying about where to find it. Your post was a nice break. 🙂

Thank you idostuff74!

I’ll be more confident about my translation gig and tell them why I am the best for the job, but I must confess I have fear to say much and disappoint in the end. I understand is a confidence issue I must work it (I am, actually)!

No risks, no moving forward, right? 🙂

About the 3D gig, I didn’t thought I could make a gig for each step! I always have to do everything together so I didn’t realize this is possible! Thank you for this great idea!

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

Best wishes to you!!!

Archived