Question for Fiverr Buyers/Sellers: How do you save or invest your money?

writer99025

I am very curious about how people around the world invest. Do you put your money into…

1 Stocks - if so what type of stocks - midcap, large cap, small cap
2: Mutual Funds - if so what type of mutual funds - growth. index, debt, diversified, or index funds
3: Long-term bonds/Municipal Bonds
4: Fixed Deposits in Banks
5: Gold
6: Real estate
7: Bitcoins
8: Business

Please don’t give any financial details, such as how much you have invested, how much you make etc. I just want to know about the favored investment options in different countries. In India, traditionally we invest in fixed deposits in banks, gold and real estate, but of late there has been a growing trend towards stocks and mutual funds which is good to see.

As for me…my Fiverr money is mostly invested in fixed deposits in banks, which is a safe but timid option in India, eventually I want to move to mutual funds.

Number 8 for me. Reinvest into my own business or diversify into other areas.
I dislike the whole stock market system as IMO it is responsible for the continued decreasing of product quality over time.
Mutual funds annoy me as they drive up prices - specifically property prices.
The others just don’t appeal to me.

85% of my money goes into my checking account where it gets spent on bills and everyday expenses.
10% of my money goes into my tax account for self-employment taxes at the end of the year.
5% of my money goes into my private savings account to spend as I wish.

It’d sure be nice to make enough money to be able to have investments, but my family is one of many families these days for whom saving for retirement is an unaffordable luxury. Not that I ever have to retire from this job - I’ll probably be reading Tarot until I’m old and dead - but in terms of saving for the future, the only real investment I have is my house.

85% of my money goes into my checking account where it gets spent on bills and everyday expenses.

10% of my money goes into my tax account for self-employment taxes at the end of the year.

5% of my money goes into my private savings account to spend as I wish.

It’d sure be nice to make enough money to be able to have investments, but my family is one of many families these days for whom saving for retirement is an unaffordable luxury. Not that I ever have to retire from this job - I’ll probably be reading Tarot until I’m old and dead - but in terms of saving for the future, the only real investment I have is my house.

Yes, I understand how expensive things are in the US and Canada.

What makes you think things are expensive in US?

I’m in Orlando right now, and the gas is 50 cents higher than the little town that I drove through last week. Spa is 2.5 times more near Disney than in East Orlando. It varies.

What makes you think things are expensive in US?

I’m in Orlando right now, and the gas is 50 cents higher than the little town that I drove through last week. Spa is 2.5 times more near Disney than in East Orlando. It varies.

My understanding is “things” are cheap in the US - gas, electronics, etc. But “services” are expensive - doctors, dentists, plumbers, construction workers, lawyers, etc. Real estate/homes/rents are expensive. I think that’s the case in any developed country.

The only thing I know of in the US that is expensive might be rent. Aside from that, as long as you don’t go overboard, you can live for cheap here.

I can easily eat here for less than 80 dollars just for me. I spend only 150 a month for me and my husband and roommate.

Aside from that though, I do not earn enough money to save yet.

The only thing I know of in the US that is expensive might be rent. Aside from that, as long as you don’t go overboard, you can live for cheap here.

I can easily eat here for less than 80 dollars just for me. I spend only 150 a month for me and my husband and roommate.

Aside from that though, I do not earn enough money to save yet.

That’s impressive…that’s actually even cheaper than Bangalore. I don’t think that’s possible in New York, LA or Boston, though.

Right now I am very happy with Fiverr.
After taxes, the amount I make every month pays my house (30%), the rest goes in normal life stuff: supermarket, dinner, my car, things for the house, etc, etc.
I can keep 100% of my normal job every month, which I keep in the bank (here you get 0% interests when you have more than 3.000 in the bank), so I’m saving for number 6 (our next plan is to buy the forest which is next to ours, so I we will have 5 ha.) 🙂
On the other hand, I invest also a small amount in number 5

That’s impressive…that’s actually even cheaper than Bangalore. I don’t think that’s possible in New York, LA or Boston, though.

It depends on what you buy and how you buy it. All sales in grocery stores here go on what is known as Sales Cycles, which are like clockwork. These cycles can take 6 to 10 months, depending on the item or brand.

If you follow that sales cycle, and combine it with coupon inserts, you can get a lot of food for almost free. I, however, barely do that.

What I do instead is focus on sales, generic products, and discounted goods. Depending on what stores you shop in, you can get wheat bread for as low as 50 cents a loaf, boxes of pasta for as low as 50 cents, and any meats you need for up to half off. I also cook, like, all the time!

Because I cook, I am able to save hundreds of dollars on potential groceries, as all I really need are spices and base ingredients. As a result, I can make Banana Bread, One Pot Rice, Ramen noodles with veggies and meat, sandwiches, fresh produce, you name it. At the time, I myself was a Vegan, and as a result was able to save even more money as I eliminated buying expensive items, such as meat and cheese.

I just have to have a Base Price, or a price that I am willing to pay for said item. If I am walking through the store and I see a product that is over my base price, I simply do not buy it. Growing up poor and living off minimum wage in later life, you have to make ends meet, and I have a uncanny ability to walk into the supermarket with 10 dollars and leave with 30 dollars worth of stuff with some change to spare.

It depends on what you buy and how you buy it. All sales in grocery stores here go on what is known as Sales Cycles, which are like clockwork. These cycles can take 6 to 10 months, depending on the item or brand.

If you follow that sales cycle, and combine it with coupon inserts, you can get a lot of food for almost free. I, however, barely do that.

What I do instead is focus on sales, generic products, and discounted goods. Depending on what stores you shop in, you can get wheat bread for as low as 50 cents a loaf, boxes of pasta for as low as 50 cents, and any meats you need for up to half off. I also cook, like, all the time!

Because I cook, I am able to save hundreds of dollars on potential groceries, as all I really need are spices and base ingredients. As a result, I can make Banana Bread, One Pot Rice, Ramen noodles with veggies and meat, sandwiches, fresh produce, you name it. At the time, I myself was a Vegan, and as a result was able to save even more money as I eliminated buying expensive items, such as meat and cheese.

I just have to have a Base Price, or a price that I am willing to pay for said item. If I am walking through the store and I see a product that is over my base price, I simply do not buy it. Growing up poor and living off minimum wage in later life, you have to make ends meet, and I have a uncanny ability to walk into the supermarket with 10 dollars and leave with 30 dollars worth of stuff with some change to spare.

If I could give this post 100 likes, I would!

Archived