My dashboard says the job has been delivered but it has not

I have purchased 3 services from Fiverr and its been wonderfull.

But this last order has demonstrated that the Fiverr system does not protect the buyer from a seller that claims the order was sent but instead of a file containing the work I just got a message saying that they were working on it.

This occurred after the deadline so I should have been able to cancel 24 hours after which has now passed.

The message now tells me that in 3 days the opportunity to review the work (that I have not recived) will be up and the money will be sent to the supplier.

The support response was that they have to deal with other people before this.

The only thing I can think of doing is to activity a dispute with Fiverr with Mastercard.

This is not fair at all. Am not happy at all and have lost confidence and trust in Fiverr who do not protect a buyer in my position.
Stephen

I have purchased 3 services from Fiverr and its been wonderfull.

But this last order has demonstrated that the Fiverr system does not protect the buyer from a seller that claims the order was sent but instead of a file containing the work I just got a message saying that they were working on it.

This occurred after the deadline so I should have been able to cancel 24 hours after which has now passed.

The message now tells me that in 3 days the opportunity to review the work (that I have not recived) will be up and the money will be sent to the supplier.

The support response was that they have to deal with other people before this.

The only thing I can think of doing is to activity a dispute with Fiverr with Mastercard.

This is not fair at all. Am not happy at all and have lost confidence and trust in Fiverr who do not protect a buyer in my position.

Stephen

Do not do dispute. This will get you banned from 5r.

• First, “Request Revision” as soon as possible to prevent order from being completed.

• Second, what seller did was “Empty Delivery” to give himself more time, which is against rules or TOS.

• Make sure to send that information to customer support.

Stephen,

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Empty deliveries are against TOS. Maybe the CS agent misunderstood the ticket.

I would send another polite follow up message with a screenshot to show them the empty delivery.

As for the seller. You can request a modification. In addition you should let him know his action is unacceptable and against Fiverr’s TOS.

Another option would be to go through the resolution center and request a cancellation there.

Good luck.

Hello Stephen,

I just wanted to add that, if you only got 1 mail from Customer Support yet, it might just have been the simple auto reply mail that tells you your ticket was submitted and will be dealt with when it’s come up in their queue.
At least I usually get such a ‘quick reply’ , and then, usually within 24 hours, a ‘real person’ reply.

You are completely protected in this situation as long as you use the procedures which are in place.
Personally, I would cancel this order with a new buyer who does this without your permission. There are options available where they can legitimately request more time from you. Therefore, using an empty delivery is either to try get an incomplete order marked complete automatically or to take away your option to cancel. Both are against ToS and you should mention this in your cancellation request.
It does sound, as @miiila said, that you got the auto response and that you will get another response later - support can take up to 48 hours to respond.

Do not do dispute. This will get you banned from 5r.

• First, “Request Revision” as soon as possible to prevent order from being completed.

• Second, what seller did was “Empty Delivery” to give himself more time, which is against rules or TOS.

• Make sure to send that information to customer support.

Thank you Gina for your thoughtful advice.

Unless Fiverr can sort out this issue I would not wish to to continue purchasing services. But am going to give this job one more try

Thanks

Stephen

Stephen,

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Empty deliveries are against TOS. Maybe the CS agent misunderstood the ticket.

I would send another polite follow up message with a screenshot to show them the empty delivery.

As for the seller. You can request a modification. In addition you should let him know his action is unacceptable and against Fiverr’s TOS.

Another option would be to go through the resolution center and request a cancellation there.

Good luck.

Hi annal80

Again I am grateful for you kindness and advice.

The problem I faced with requesting a modification is that I by default of the Fiverr process I would have verified the receipt of the work and that in turn would have inhibited me from being able to cancel when the 24 hour time frame of non deliver occurred.

All is good now as its been cancelled.

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

I just wanted to add that, if you only got 1 mail from Customer Support yet, it might just have been the simple auto reply mail that tells you your ticket was submitted and will be dealt with when it’s come up in their queue.

At least I usually get such a ‘quick reply’ , and then, usually within 24 hours, a ‘real person’ reply.

Hi Milla

Yes they contacted me and cancelled the order and I am now looking for a new seller.

Thank you

Stephen

You are completely protected in this situation as long as you use the procedures which are in place.

Personally, I would cancel this order with a new buyer who does this without your permission. There are options available where they can legitimately request more time from you. Therefore, using an empty delivery is either to try get an incomplete order marked complete automatically or to take away your option to cancel. Both are against ToS and you should mention this in your cancellation request.

It does sound, as @miiila said, that you got the auto response and that you will get another response later - support can take up to 48 hours to respond.

Hello Moderator

Thank you for your detailed response and helpful advice.

As mentioned, as a buyer I have experienced exceptional professional quality of service from all the sellers in particular with translation.

But on this occasion I suspect that I was in contact with a scammer from ***** as the person in the video who claimed to be the seller and spoke so well also appears to be a number of other sellers, again from *****. As does a number of similar sellers with impressive videos. However the person in contact with me struggled to convey a few cryptic words of english. However they knew how to work the system.

I experienced the customer support response as being disinterested, dismissive and unapologetic. If it had not been for my own experience with some fabulous sellers I would have asked Paypal to refund and leave the Fiverr community.

I fear that if the Fiverr management do not make this a safer place to conduct transactions then both sellers and buyers will suffer a breakdown in mutual trust. What would be left if that occurred.?

I am familiar with these evolving communities and I give keynotes at large digital centric conferences where I have often used Fiverr as a case study and will continue to do so.

So thank you again for you concern and advice and reassurance, but I have to say that if I had recived a file and it was created by the person responded it would have been worthless and I would have been out of pocket with no remedy from Fiverr.

So this does have to be addressed.

Kind regards

Stephen

PS Sorry for the spelling but am on the move.

Hello Moderator

Thank you for your detailed response and helpful advice.

As mentioned, as a buyer I have experienced exceptional professional quality of service from all the sellers in particular with translation.

But on this occasion I suspect that I was in contact with a scammer from ***** as the person in the video who claimed to be the seller and spoke so well also appears to be a number of other sellers, again from *****. As does a number of similar sellers with impressive videos. However the person in contact with me struggled to convey a few cryptic words of english. However they knew how to work the system.

I experienced the customer support response as being disinterested, dismissive and unapologetic. If it had not been for my own experience with some fabulous sellers I would have asked Paypal to refund and leave the Fiverr community.

I fear that if the Fiverr management do not make this a safer place to conduct transactions then both sellers and buyers will suffer a breakdown in mutual trust. What would be left if that occurred.?

I am familiar with these evolving communities and I give keynotes at large digital centric conferences where I have often used Fiverr as a case study and will continue to do so.

So thank you again for you concern and advice and reassurance, but I have to say that if I had recived a file and it was created by the person responded it would have been worthless and I would have been out of pocket with no remedy from Fiverr.

So this does have to be addressed.

Kind regards

Stephen

PS Sorry for the spelling but am on the move.

Glad you got the situation resolved.

Please note I am a seller who is a voluntary moderator on the Forum, nothing more.

I would suggest that you pass your comments regarding the seller you hired to customer support and any issues you feel you experienced with customer support should also be reported or sent with the follow up survey/feedback request that is usually sent after you contact customer support. Action is much more likely to occur as a result of those actions than from posting on the forum which is rarely noticed by actual staff.

The forum is excellent for suggestions and advice but it should be noted that everyone here is a buyer and/or seller so the advice should be taken with caution as we don’t have authority to speak for Fiverr.

PS. I removed the names of countries from your post as naming countries, races or individuals in a negative light is not allowed here - among other reasons, we simply cannot verify any such claims.

Glad you got the situation resolved.

Please note I am a seller who is a voluntary moderator on the Forum, nothing more.

I would suggest that you pass your comments regarding the seller you hired to customer support and any issues you feel you experienced with customer support should also be reported or sent with the follow up survey/feedback request that is usually sent after you contact customer support. Action is much more likely to occur as a result of those actions than from posting on the forum which is rarely noticed by actual staff.

The forum is excellent for suggestions and advice but it should be noted that everyone here is a buyer and/or seller so the advice should be taken with caution as we don’t have authority to speak for Fiverr.

PS. I removed the names of countries from your post as naming countries, races or individuals in a negative light is not allowed here - among other reasons, we simply cannot verify any such claims.

Thank you for that. I did not realise the protocols and yes I will pass it

on

Stephen

Totally Agree! (20 Characters)

Totally Agree! (20 Characters)

Hi

I have laid out my experience and the circumstances as clearly as I can and sadly that just is not the case for me from a buyers perspective.

Firstly, no mechanism exists within the end to end business process to respond to a seller who activities the delivered button and when trying to resolve the matter vis the support centre you are informed there is a long wait time.

In my case I had evidence that the contract was broken by the seller with myself and Fiverr which in any retail law means that I get my money back. My exposure is, if I cannot fine a service that I want or trust to deliver to a given quality, then I loose my money unless I activate Paypal to get it back for me. But then my risk is that I am banned from Fiverr for exercising my consumer rights.

That to me is not protection and the Fiverr is not as safe as it should be.

My reason for bothering to explain all this is that I like and care for some of the sellers that I have interacted with and if this problem continues it will erode the trust that the sellers have generated and that Fiverr benefit from and that would hurt some people income.

I do hope that you can understand my experience.

Stephen

It’s always good to hear experiences from a buyer’s side for us sellers, thank you for taking the time, Stephen!

Sadly the system isn’t perfect, for us neither, we’re living with the Damocles sword of charge backs even for outstanding work a buyer accepted and left a 5 star review for, and that for up to months after the fact, because they thought it’s a good idea to get that work for free, so from sellers’ side it would be pretty outrageous if fiverr wouldn’t ban those accounts, as you’ll probably understand.

We’re hoping they are working on a way to handle such issues better and more individually, and it sure is helpful when buyers detail their experience, so fiverr is aware of everything that’s happening, as I there certainly are Buyers, and sellers, who just write it off as ‘price of doing business’, or just give up on the whole, which really is a pity.

It’s a pretty cool thing, Fiverr, as you saw with some of your sellers, and not around as long as the more established ‘retail concepts’ and they constantly work on things ‘under the hood’ so keeping my fingers crossed that they will continue to strive at coming up with the best possible ‘balance’ and solutions for all sides to constantly improve the system.

All the best
Mila

It’s always good to hear experiences from a buyer’s side for us sellers, thank you for taking the time, Stephen!

Sadly the system isn’t perfect, for us neither, we’re living with the Damocles sword of charge backs even for outstanding work a buyer accepted and left a 5 star review for, and that for up to months after the fact, because they thought it’s a good idea to get that work for free, so from sellers’ side it would be pretty outrageous if fiverr wouldn’t ban those accounts, as you’ll probably understand.

We’re hoping they are working on a way to handle such issues better and more individually, and it sure is helpful when buyers detail their experience, so fiverr is aware of everything that’s happening, as I there certainly are Buyers, and sellers, who just write it off as ‘price of doing business’, or just give up on the whole, which really is a pity.

It’s a pretty cool thing, Fiverr, as you saw with some of your sellers, and not around as long as the more established ‘retail concepts’ and they constantly work on things ‘under the hood’ so keeping my fingers crossed that they will continue to strive at coming up with the best possible ‘balance’ and solutions for all sides to constantly improve the system.

All the best

Mila

Hello Mila

That is such a heartfelt statement Mila and thank you for not judging me harshly for expressing my concerns. I agree with your sentiment and observations and support the sellers in their endeavours to trade and make a living. After all that was why I took the time to write, in support of the people who I have done business with in this group who have demonstrated such professionalism and generosity.

Kind regards

Stephen

All the best

Mila

Good morning Mila and to the other members of this discussion.

Great news indeed. I am now in possession of the best CV I could have hoped for having asked a seller called alexanderj to write it for me.

My wife thinks he is a genius because he was able to comprehend all of the complexities associated with what I do and encapsulate it so well in to a CV that could be understood at a glance. Something she has been trying to fathom out for years!

My faith in the seller community has been rewarded beyond any expectations

How good is that to complete this vexed cycle of events.

Kind regards

Stephen

Good morning Stephen,

that’s wonderful! As you probably can imagine, on the forum we often only hear from people, especially but not only, buyers, when something goes wrong (which is okay of course, and one of the reasons the forum is there), but not that often the good stuff. 🙂

Well then…full steam ahead with your project and only straight roads no more circles in your Fiverr wanderings! 🍀

Kind regards
Mila

Good morning Mila and to the other members of this discussion.

Great news indeed. I am now in possession of the best CV I could have hoped for having asked a seller called alexanderj to write it for me.

My wife thinks he is a genius because he was able to comprehend all of the complexities associated with what I do and encapsulate it so well in to a CV that could be understood at a glance. Something she has been trying to fathom out for years!

My faith in the seller community has been rewarded beyond any expectations

How good is that to complete this vexed cycle of events.

Kind regards

Stephen

Really glad to read this Stephen, you deserve a great outcome.

There are many fantastic sellers out there and, as Miila said, it is great to hear the positive stories too!

Archived