25 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re pretty much screwed, then.

We will have to solely rely on old customers, as we will not be able to attract new ones.

That’s just great. Fighting for good reviews only for them to be considered irrelevant.

We’re not screwed yet, if nothing changes in the next few weeks then safe to say many of us will be screwed

We’re not screwed yet, if nothing changes in the next few weeks then safe to say many of us will be screwed

I know, many will indeed. But many will also unfairly benefit from this. Fiverr will keep charging its 20% fee anyway…

Interestingly enough my gig appears on the first page with the keywords I’ve set. (On some days, today yes!)

It’s upsetting that people who have just signed-up or have several reviews on their gig have priority somehow.

I’ve worked super hard the last 4 years to get where I am, I should have some “leverage” over newbie sellers (in one way or the other!)

Interestingly, although I only have 250+ reviews I’ve rarely sold $5 gigs in the past 12 months. So I don’t know how anything is determined when related to becoming a TRS. I’ve probably made more money than many TRS with 1000+ reviews. Anyway no ranting. Let’s be happy 🙂

Oh, and getting back to the search algorithm, some days my gigs won’t show up at all.

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.7b4f0aaa2d835417f4503b8fcbdcf4d9.jpg

I uploaded this in other topic, but I’m sending it here too to keep updated.

"I used LOGO keyword as sample (not my category), Filtered by LOGO DESIGN category, and then 3 different sorting.

RELEVANCE sorting and RATING are the SAME

And support says that everything is ok

Im getting really frustrated"

Also I realized that more expensive priced gigs are being shown if the first pages. And every page of RELEVANCE sorting and RATING are the SAME, it just change the position where the gig is placed in that page.

For the first time in all the years I’ve been here, I’ve never had this issue. And, now I have it. My sales are going to be about $400 less this month because of my gigs not showing up in the search. I was lucky to make it to my goal this month. Unreal… I went through Five pages before I finally gave up looking for mine. It says it’s active but where on the site it’s active, beats me.

I have exactly the same problem. For my 5 years on Fiverr I haven’t seen anything like this.

Fiverr is now ranking first page gigs with base price higher. So if you are selling a gig with minimum price $100 you will rank first. But tell me, which buyer will come to a site called FIVERR to pay $100 in his first purchase? This is how to NOT manage a company.

I uploaded this in other topic, but I’m sending it here too to keep updated.

"I used LOGO keyword as sample (not my category), Filtered by LOGO DESIGN category, and then 3 different sorting.

RELEVANCE sorting and RATING are the SAME

And support says that everything is ok

Im getting really frustrated"

Also I realized that more expensive priced gigs are being shown if the first pages. And every page of RELEVANCE sorting and RATING are the SAME, it just change the position where the gig is placed in that page.

Thanks for taking your time and putting this together!

I just tried this and noticed exactly what you pointed out!

Can we have a Fiverr account manager comment on this post?

Everyone Please vote!

This poll does not make much sense. It might just be me.

This poll does not make much sense. It might just be me.

I think they mean a Fiverr representative to take a look at the issue

The only people who I think could help us is the mods to ask Fiverr support to take a look at this topic - maybe they can help but I don’t know

My sales are screwed

No sense. (I am hoping to, um, I dunno)

Same happens to me i always were on top first number first row now new sellers with 1,2,5 and with 10 reviews are sitting up there. But one thing you people should bring in your notice. When you get few orders consecutively in few days your gig will be drop off and they give chance to the new sellers. from the last update till now i have noticed this thing.

So how to overcome this problem ?

Empty your enqueued projects as fast as you can to get back on top. Secondly when you think you are not receiving new users use buyer request to get more orders.

In fact we people search using the search bar but most of the user use smart phones and they navigate through top menu/category and usually they select sellers from there.

if you search via search bar i think the ranking there doesn’t really matter.

Before i was receiving 144-180 clicks on one of my gig and now just 40 but i have 17 orders in queue and some are just about to get late so fiverr assumes that this seller won’t deserve more orders so they bring my gig down and give other the chance i think “FAIR ENOUGH”

And its been 8th month i am here i love to solve out the puzzles.

So all of above mention points are correct. But here is my research on it. Hope it help many of you.

Conclusion: > Work Like Machine Deliver as fast as you can 🙂 lolx.

Best Regards: zazi

Same happens to me i always were on top first number first row now new sellers with 1,2,5 and with 10 reviews are sitting up there. But one thing you people should bring in your notice. When you get few orders consecutively in few days your gig will be drop off and they give chance to the new sellers. from the last update till now i have noticed this thing.

So how to overcome this problem ?

Empty your enqueued projects as fast as you can to get back on top. Secondly when you think you are not receiving new users use buyer request to get more orders.

In fact we people search using the search bar but most of the user use smart phones and they navigate through top menu/category and usually they select sellers from there.

if you search via search bar i think the ranking there doesn’t really matter.

Before i was receiving 144-180 clicks on one of my gig and now just 40 but i have 17 orders in queue and some are just about to get late so fiverr assumes that this seller won’t deserve more orders so they bring my gig down and give other the chance i think “FAIR ENOUGH”

And its been 8th month i am here i love to solve out the puzzles.

So all of above mention points are correct. But here is my research on it. Hope it help many of you.

Conclusion: > Work Like Machine Deliver as fast as you can 🙂 lolx.

Best Regards: zazi

But one thing you people should bring in your notice. When you get few orders consecutively in few days your gig will be drop off and they give chance to the new sellers. from the last update till now i have noticed this thing.

That’s not right my friend. And I can answer making a question. Why my gig took the first place just by changing it’s price from $5 to $50?

Know we are talking about SEARCHING KEYWORDS related to the gigs, not BROWSING them on the CATEGORIES MENU (it’s two things different).

so fiverr assumes that this seller won’t deserve more orders so they bring my gig down and give other the chance i think “FAIR ENOUGH”

completely agreed, but it’s not the case. What is bringing me down are not rated gigs with high prices, taking the “place” I used to be, just because the price, not because it’s performance, like fiverr insist to be.

But one thing you people should bring in your notice. When you get few orders consecutively in few days your gig will be drop off and they give chance to the new sellers. from the last update till now i have noticed this thing.

That’s not right my friend. And I can answer making a question. Why my gig took the first place just by changing it’s price from $5 to $50?

Know we are talking about SEARCHING KEYWORDS related to the gigs, not BROWSING them on the CATEGORIES MENU (it’s two things different).

so fiverr assumes that this seller won’t deserve more orders so they bring my gig down and give other the chance i think “FAIR ENOUGH”

completely agreed, but it’s not the case. What is bringing me down are not rated gigs with high prices, taking the “place” I used to be, just because the price, not because it’s performance, like fiverr insist to be.

My friend why my gig just drop off from first number to the last row ? i recently changed the prices from $50 to $100 so i should have to be number 1 than right ?

On “Responsive website” keyword i remained on top for months but now i am dragged down to the last row even though i have changed my prices recently. from lower rates to higher one.

So i am not agreed with you my friend.

Same thing here. I was wondering why. I’m also not getting even any messages from new clients. I only get orders from my regular buyers. I have worked around 4 years in here. And only sellers with few reviews show up in the 1st line while my gigs and no where near. I have over 4K reviews. Hope that they will fix this soon.

I contacted support and they said to promote my gig elsewhere other than fiverr.

If you have less competition then reviews doesn’t matter and yes every gig has competition but some has less and that less can be millions.
Which it isn’t.
If you don’t find your gigs on 1st page then it’s because it appears 1 or few times in 24hours so we don’t know which time it will be there but buyer will know for sure cause they are there 24hours.

There is a lesson to be learned here: Do not put all your eggs in one basket.

Offer your services on other freelance websites, market yourself, get a supplementary job, start a business, invest, bet on dog racing but do not rely exclusively on your placement in the search results of one freelance marketplace for your income.

My friend why my gig just drop off from first number to the last row ? i recently changed the prices from $50 to $100 so i should have to be number 1 than right ?

On “Responsive website” keyword i remained on top for months but now i am dragged down to the last row even though i have changed my prices recently. from lower rates to higher one.

So i am not agreed with you my friend.

It doesnt matter. If changing the price, changed your position too, you must agree that the algorithm is related with the price, or your gig wouldn’t change it’s place like you just told.

Going up or going down, doesnt matter. Your gig changed its position by changing it’s price, not by it’s performance like fiverr says.

You just confirmed the search system problem. Thank you by the way 🙂

I saw that both “Relevance” and “Avg. Customer Review” show a lot of new arrival gigs - surely that can’t be right, right? I mean, how can a 0-review gig be listed under “Avg. Customer Review”? There’s no review to average out!

Archived