How Many Of You Work A Second Job?

lucycodex

Or first job? Primary job? Whatever you like to call it!

I am currently working a primary job while I focus on getting this one under way. I know that not everyone has the ability to work Fiverr full time yet, or freelance full time in general.

While on Fiverr I also ghostwrite ebooks I put on Amazon and Lulu. So Fiverr will never be my only source of income, which I actually suggest anyone who works solely on Fiverr get a second form of income “Just in case,” or at least a savings account on the off chance Fiverr goes belly-up.

But how about it, do you have an off-fiverr job to help supplement your Fiverr funds?

By the time my friend introduced me to Fiverr, I was already working, and I decided to work on Fiverr just during the summer break…and surprise surprise, it’s been several years.
There were times were juggling my main job and Fiverr got quite crazy, but I get the feeling
I will never go full time Fiverr unless I double/triple my current price.
Plus I do enjoy my current job, and if I went 100% Fiverr, I’d be staying at home all day and in the long run, I get the feeling that might not be the best thing for me.

Fiverr is not a real job, it’s a hobby, fun, a way to pass my time and get paid for it. Most people in India think I am unemployed and unemployable anyway, and that’s true to an extent. It is also true that I make more money than most people in India 😆

Awe come on, you’re “self-employed!” 😉

Awe come on, you’re “self-employed!” 😉

I am telling you what Indians think…there’s no respect for freelancing or self-employment in India. They don’t just understand this concept.Most people here think I am a loser or something, living off family wealth. By most people I mean everyone except my mother and my accountant and the wonderful people in the income tax department of India 🙂

I am telling you what Indians think…there’s no respect for freelancing or self-employment in India. They don’t just understand this concept.Most people here think I am a loser or something, living off family wealth. By most people I mean everyone except my mother and my accountant and the wonderful people in the income tax department of India 🙂

That’s pretty sad…I’d respect and envy anyone who is a successful freelancer!

Makes me wonder, in India, are “youtubers” not popular?

Some people make a LOT of money on that thing and it’s considered a job now, and in fact in Japan, there was a survey showing that youtuber was in the top 10 future dream jobs for elementary school kids.

That’s pretty sad…I’d respect and envy anyone who is a successful freelancer!

Makes me wonder, in India, are “youtubers” not popular?

Some people make a LOT of money on that thing and it’s considered a job now, and in fact in Japan, there was a survey showing that youtuber was in the top 10 future dream jobs for elementary school kids.

Nah…they think anyone who calls themselves a “freelancer” or a “writer” or says they “work on the internet” is an unemployed loser. Just stating a fact. But it’s true to an extent, very few people really make real money on the internet. It requires a real commitment and hard work and at least some talent. Very few people are capable of this. They want money fast, get rich fast and don’t have the patience for the real work that goes into it.

did you really care about it? what is the purpose of showing I have great job to others?

live happy & don’t care about others.Also you need to understand india isn’t a small country,Your place may be bad, all are not same.Don’t compare few people with whole country.

did you really care about it? what is the purpose of showing I have great job to others?

live happy & don’t care about others.Also you need to understand india isn’t a small country,Your place may be bad, all are not same.Don’t compare few people with whole country.

Good attitude. Keep it up!

I am doing my Bachelor’s right now so there is no time to do any other job than Fiverr. But Fiverr pays my monthly expenditure and I even help paying bills at home and in our country that’s kinda a big thing. 😄

Plus I am really looking forward to vacation when I’ll be able to focus on Fiverr for more time and build my profile. 🙂️:slight_smile:️

here’s no respect for freelancing or self-employment in India.

Well not agree with respect thing, the actual thing is they dont know about Fiverr or they have no idea people can earn online… The mentality here in subcontinent is to get a government job even if it dont pay you handsomely or according to your qualification. I knew some one who earn more than $15000 per month and guess what, he is facing really hard times to get married as the girl’s parents think, he is UNEMPLOYED.

My bank refused me a Credit Card because I don’t have a “real job” 😃

Archived