Why is my buyer request not being approved even after modification?

karmageek

I have posted a buyer request as follows -

“I want around 10 articles for my tech blog, each article should be preferably more than 500-700 words long. The topics would be related to internet, technologies, etc. targeted at the US audience.”

I received a generic mail reply:

Hi karmageek,

Unfortunately, your Gig request “I want around 10 articles for my tech…” did not pass our review due to one (or more) of the following reasons:

It was misleading/unclear
It contains contact information (i.e. s***e, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
It contains payment information
It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request
Repeating these violations can result in your account being restricted.

For more information, please read our Terms of Service.

And for tips on how to grow your Fiverr business the right way, visit Fiverr Academy.

1. Is it misleading or unclear because I used terms like “around 10 articles” “preferably more than 500-700 words long”?
  2. It does not contain any contact information.
  3. It does not contain payment information.
  4. It contains a request for article/blog post writing services which is very popular and featured on fiverr.
  5. I submitted my request to Category -> Writing and Translation, and Subcategory -> Articles and Blog Posts. I did not submit to multiple categories and there is no field or provision where I could even do that accidentally, so no chance of getting this wrong.

What am I missing?

EDIT: I tried using the suggestion by @ssj1236 :

“I would like to buy 10 articles that are 500 - 700 words each. Articles are on related topics: internet, technologies, etc. targeted towards US audience”

And still got the same unapproval reply as above.

EDIT 2: Thanks all! I finally got it approved. I added the exact topics on which I wanted the articles. Now I am spammed with a lot of copy pasted messages, gonna go sift through the lot now. Thanks all 🙂

It is a bit unclear if you say that you want around 10 articles, and it’s definitely unclear if you say that they should be more than 500-700 words. More than 500-700 words could be 1,000 words, 10,000 words, 100,000 words…

Sellers can only submit their offers with a quote, and it’s really hard to decide on a quote if they only have a vague idea about what you need.

I don’t know whether that’s why your request wasn’t approved, but you could try being more specific.

Try:

"I would like to buy 10 articles that are 500 - 700 words each. Articles are on related topics: internet, technologies, etc. targeted towards US audience"

As for why it’s happening, now idea.

Thanks! I suspected my wording would be confusing. Your phrasing is more clear, I’ll give a try. Thanks!

It is a bit unclear if you say that you want around 10 articles, and it’s definitely unclear if you say that they should be more than 500-700 words. More than 500-700 words could be 1,000 words, 10,000 words, 100,000 words…

Sellers can only submit their offers with a quote, and it’s really hard to decide on a quote if they only have a vague idea about what you need.

I don’t know whether that’s why your request wasn’t approved, but you could try being more specific.

I too thought my wordings were a bit vague, but I just wanted to give sellers a lower limit of what I wanted, as most of them have 400-500 words limit in their gigs, which do not work well for my blog. I just assumed that if I wrote more than 500-700 words long, even the most generous sellers would stretch the articles only as long as upto 1000 words, and not more than that 😅, but get an idea of what I wanted.

I was under the impression that sellers could just message me with a starting quote and then we could negotiate about the price and details of the order through normal messaging.

Thanks for your reply! I’ll try to be more specific.

I too thought my wordings were a bit vague, but I just wanted to give sellers a lower limit of what I wanted, as most of them have 400-500 words limit in their gigs, which do not work well for my blog. I just assumed that if I wrote more than 500-700 words long, even the most generous sellers would stretch the articles only as long as upto 1000 words, and not more than that 😅, but get an idea of what I wanted.

I was under the impression that sellers could just message me with a starting quote and then we could negotiate about the price and details of the order through normal messaging.

Thanks for your reply! I’ll try to be more specific.

They’re sending an offer, and some buyers just accept it, no messages, no negotiations, and then tell the seller that they want 15 articles of 2,000 words each, all done within 48 hours. And the clock on the order page starts ticking.

I’m sure that you wouldn’t do that and that you would discuss things with the seller first, but some inexperienced buyers don’t think things through, and everyone involved ends up unhappy.

They’re sending an offer, and some buyers just accept it, no messages, no negotiations, and then tell the seller that they want 15 articles of 2,000 words each, all done within 48 hours. And the clock on the order page starts ticking.

I’m sure that you wouldn’t do that and that you would discuss things with the seller first, but some inexperienced buyers don’t think things through, and everyone involved ends up unhappy.

Oh! I didn’t know that! Seriously as a level 2 seller I got some orders through buyer requests, and they always messaged me to give me details and asked me what I would charge. Never did I have any buyer blindly buy from me, but maybe that’s because I specifically write in my gig descriptions and offers to message me before ordering. Thanks for clarifying!

Oh! I didn’t know that! Seriously as a level 2 seller I got some orders through buyer requests, and they always messaged me to give me details and asked me what I would charge. Never did I have any buyer blindly buy from me, but maybe that’s because I specifically write in my gig descriptions and offers to message me before ordering. Thanks for clarifying!

I didn’t know it could happen like that either, but not so long ago there were some complaints on the forum about that.

Archived