New designer looking forward to gain experience through Fiverr

hidieh

Hi everyone!

I was just introduced to Fiverr through a Facebook designer and freelancer group and wanted to give it a go. I just started my web and graphic design business, but it’s hard to find small and quick jobs. Working on big jobs is rewarding but I want to expand my skillset and do a lot of varied work.

I would love to hear some good tips on how to get most out of Fiverr. Should I define a niche and target my gigs to a smaller target group or try to be super versatile and offer everyone something? My own style in design is minimalistic, fresh and modern - I love to design content for the female audience, but I might have a hard time finding potential clients here if I niche down that much?

I published my first Gigs in a rush when I wanted to try the platform, I will have to redo them. How many gigs do you have and how specific are they (for example: do you have different gigs for facebook graphics and youtube graphics or single items and bundles - what sells the most?!).

Come and say hi, I would love to chat - and have a nice weekend!

P.S. Greetings from Finland - would love to chat with other Northern European people 🙂

Hi, greetings from Denmark 🙂

In short, and you’ve figured out that much, scrap your current gigs. There are thousands of those already and there’s nothing about this service that gives you the ability to stand out.

Give a good, hard thought to what you can do better and/or faster than others and focus on that.

Hello and welcome from somewhere not quite as Northern as Denmark.

I don´t think content/whatever specific things for females is too niche, if that helps, there are plenty of female buyers.

Urs has that right, focus on finding something that makes your gigs stand out, and, just like the Fiver Academy will tell you ;), especially when you start out and have no reviews to speak for you, consider delivering faster than others.
Oh and, while, yes, there are lots of seller ads etc., keep checking Buyer Requests.

🍀

Thank you both 🙂 I will start planning more appealing and niche gigs and scrap my existing ones. I’ve stumbled upon Fiver Academy when I found Fiver, but will now start reading those articles.

I understood that you only see Buyer Requests from those categories that you have open gigs on? I’ve answered to some of those requests but it’s a bit confusing when you don’t get any kind of notification etc of how did it go (ex. “Your request was delivered but buyer picked somebody else”) and you have to choose one of your existing gigs to propose to the buyer. But I guess it’s just so that the buyer can see your work and decide based on that - I just have to write some killer proposals to send with my gigs!

Thank you both 🙂 I will start planning more appealing and niche gigs and scrap my existing ones. I’ve stumbled upon Fiver Academy when I found Fiver, but will now start reading those articles.

I understood that you only see Buyer Requests from those categories that you have open gigs on? I’ve answered to some of those requests but it’s a bit confusing when you don’t get any kind of notification etc of how did it go (ex. “Your request was delivered but buyer picked somebody else”) and you have to choose one of your existing gigs to propose to the buyer. But I guess it’s just so that the buyer can see your work and decide based on that - I just have to write some killer proposals to send with my gigs!

Yes, that´s right. Unfortunately you won´t get any notification that will tell you if the job went to someone else already, the only thing you can do to know if there´s still a chance is to look if the request is still active, but that´s not 100% either, it can be buggy, you might see old requests etc.

Something to take note of as well: when you normally send a custom offer, you can choose an expiry date, you can´t with the offers you send to BR, so, just to be safe, I´d mention something like ‘This offer is valid until…’, for your planning, to not have a buyer suddenly accepting that offer you sent weeks back while you have loads of work. 😉

It´s helpful to make use of the forum search function top right to find older but still valid posts on things that interest you, like Buyer Requests or whatever, when you have some time to kill.

Ah, another useful thing, if you click not ‘latest posts’ or use the default forum page, you can click the individual categories too from the menu top right, and look at the ‘pinned posts’ which many categories have, they often have a useful collection, or some specifically useful info. 🙂

Archived