Weekend Fun - How another established seller is impersonating my gig!

consultantindia

I’ve just noticed and reported to CS about a gig I just came across, which has not only copied my gig image but also my gig text, as is, including links to my other gigs intact! At least they can use a bit of their brain while stealing no?!!

https://www.fiverr.com/*****

Have fun, till the link disappears, telling me that name calling is not allowed 😉

Mod Note: Link removed. Please don’t waste mod time by deliberately breaking the rules. Official Warning sent.

Wonder if it’s legal to copy someone’s gig (not verbatim), charge slightly more and extend the days slightly, then just have the original person do all the work and make a small profit on each order? It basically brings orders to the original seller???

Fiverr introduced watermark feature for gig images much after I started using this gig image. I got this gig image created by @twistedweb123 as per my order dated Jun 09, 2014. There have been attempts to use this image by other sellers too, but they were new ones. An established seller doing such things ruins the marketplace and sends wrong signals.

To answer your question, there are many who get orders from other freelance sites, and get their work done here for less and deliver for more at those sites. This case is different.

-k

I stumbled over one who used my profile text, letter for letter, recently.

I really hope that they’ll react to your ticket fast and that Fiverr is working on a plan to not just ban but also keep those kinds of people from signing up again and to find and ban their other accounts too. It´s possible, there are places that do it, even places that are ‘just for fun’ and not for business.

Oh, and yes, you should really take that link out.

I really hope that they’ll react to your ticket fast and that Fiverr is working on a plan to not just ban but also keep those kinds of people from signing up again and to find and ban their other accounts too. It´s possible, there are places that do it, even places that are ‘just for fun’ and not for business.

I am hoping the phone verification will get rid of a big chunk of these copyright infringers. I just saw someone a little while ago that stole text from a level two seller, literally saying “I’m a level 2 seller” in his gig description. He only had a few reviews and was not even Level 1.

When I called him out on it he told me “I was busy, so I didn’t do the job right” but then started to try to sell me his gig. I wouldn’t buy canned Spaghetti-O’s from that guy, let alone a service.

I haven’t had that happen to me yet (I also wouldn’t know how to look), but I have had a few spamming messages recently and they asked me for “advice” to get sales, as well as asked if I ever got “too busy” if I would consider working with them and they could help me. It was ridiculous.

I haven’t had that happen to me yet (I also wouldn’t know how to look), but I have had a few spamming messages recently and they asked me for “advice” to get sales, as well as asked if I ever got “too busy” if I would consider working with them and they could help me. It was ridiculous.

I have been kinda liking the spam messages lately, they bring my response rate up when I tell them off.

Yes, the link is deliberately left there, not to waste mods time, but to let others know how some sellers behave, with all proof. I request the mods to also understand that it wastes a lot of sellers’ time to scout for such gigs and report, while this has to be automatically taken care of Fiverr system for taking 20% from sellers.

Yes, the link is deliberately left there, not to waste mods time, but to let others know how some sellers behave, with all proof. I request the mods to also understand that it wastes a lot of sellers’ time to scout for such gigs and report, while this has to be automatically taken care of Fiverr system for taking 20% from sellers.

@consultantindia I wasn’t the mod who found your post, but please understand the we do understand that their are bad sellers out there and that it is important to report them to Customer Support. We have to obey the forum rules like everyone else, though, so leaving a name out there on the forum isn’t useful at all. I understand that we all see a problem and reporting those sellers to CS is a slow process, but it’s what Fiverr asks us to do. The mods can’t do anything to help with that, but we can spend some of our time wiping out forum spam from these same kind of sellers. Please don’t break the rules intentionally because it won’t help your cause.

I consider imitation the sincerest form of flattery and I’ve been flattered a couple of times too. Someone else pointed it out too me. I try not to stalk other fiverr…er’s profiles, unless I’m buying.
Having said that, you can copy the gig description, but neither the history, rating, nor my winning smile, attitude and award winning (I made my own award to prove it) service, so at best they are a pale comparison…
The Fiverr ocean is too vast for one little pebble to copy a gig and make a wave big enough to dent your sales noticeably…I take it as a cry for help and isn’t they what we’re all about? People helping people? 😁

I consider imitation the sincerest form of flattery and I’ve been flattered a couple of times too. Someone else pointed it out too me. I try not to stalk other fiverr…er’s profiles, unless I’m buying.

Having said that, you can copy the gig description, but neither the history, rating, nor my winning smile, attitude and award winning (I made my own award to prove it) service, so at best they are a pale comparison…

The Fiverr ocean is too vast for one little pebble to copy a gig and make a wave big enough to dent your sales noticeably…I take it as a cry for help and isn’t they what we’re all about? People helping people? 😁

I would have done the same, had that other seller not have 180+ reviews on his other gig.

If some seller could do so after 180+ orders, the ethics part is not given its due importance by Fiverr I think. As of today, that other gig still exists! It boils down to an intellectual property issue apart from an ethical issue.

@consultantindia I wasn’t the mod who found your post, but please understand the we do understand that their are bad sellers out there and that it is important to report them to Customer Support. We have to obey the forum rules like everyone else, though, so leaving a name out there on the forum isn’t useful at all. I understand that we all see a problem and reporting those sellers to CS is a slow process, but it’s what Fiverr asks us to do. The mods can’t do anything to help with that, but we can spend some of our time wiping out forum spam from these same kind of sellers. Please don’t break the rules intentionally because it won’t help your cause.

Thank you mods for putting it in the right perspective. My intention has never been to waste your time nor to question the forum rules. It is rather to take the exception for a good cause, since Fiverr is not providing any other better forum which can transparently convey this to the ecosystem. I will continue to highlight the issues that Fiverr needs to improve, if it has to remain the most sought after freelance marketplace. I will try to do that without breaking rules if I can 🙂

Enjoyed your post thorougly @markusvoice 😉

I would have done the same, had that other seller not have 180+ reviews on his other gig.

If some seller could do so after 180+ orders, the ethics part is not given its due importance by Fiverr I think. As of today, that other gig still exists! It boils down to an intellectual property issue apart from an ethical issue.

Point taken and agreed.

Thank you mods for putting it in the right perspective. My intention has never been to waste your time nor to question the forum rules. It is rather to take the exception for a good cause, since Fiverr is not providing any other better forum which can transparently convey this to the ecosystem. I will continue to highlight the issues that Fiverr needs to improve, if it has to remain the most sought after freelance marketplace. I will try to do that without breaking rules if I can 🙂

My intention has never been to waste your time nor to question the forum rules. It is rather to take the exception for a good cause, since Fiverr is not providing any other better forum which can transparently convey this to the ecosystem. I will continue to highlight the issues that Fiverr needs to improve, if it has to remain the most sought after freelance marketplace. I will try to do that without breaking rules if I can 🙂

The fact is that forum users (mods included) can’t just decide that their own post should be an exception to the rules and while I know you were not TRYING to waste mod’s time, any post that is made which knowingly breaks the rules is just that - a waste of our time.

Fiverr provides customer support as the correct channel to send complaints about other users to and while it isn’t perfect, it remains the only real way to have any effective action taken. The forum is not for naming people, regardless of the issue and is pretty ineffective for that anyway.

My intention has never been to waste your time nor to question the forum rules. It is rather to take the exception for a good cause, since Fiverr is not providing any other better forum which can transparently convey this to the ecosystem. I will continue to highlight the issues that Fiverr needs to improve, if it has to remain the most sought after freelance marketplace. I will try to do that without breaking rules if I can 🙂

The fact is that forum users (mods included) can’t just decide that their own post should be an exception to the rules and while I know you were not TRYING to waste mod’s time, any post that is made which knowingly breaks the rules is just that - a waste of our time.

Fiverr provides customer support as the correct channel to send complaints about other users to and while it isn’t perfect, it remains the only real way to have any effective action taken. The forum is not for naming people, regardless of the issue and is pretty ineffective for that anyway.

Thank you for your views on this @eoinfinnegan . As the CS took off that other gig, you can freeze this thread now.

-k

Archived