About revisions

web_desk

If the Buyer has used up their allotted number of revisions (for example if your gig provides 2 revisions), then it is up to you whether you do the additional revision for free OR charge them for it citing your revision policy.
In my experience, I can not continually do free revisions and charge for any after the initial ones are use up. It doesn’t happen ofter, but there is a point of diminishing returns. The question becomes keep working for free…or at least a discounted rate each time to revise, or cut your loses and mutually cancel the order.
Depends on the situation, your “cancellation tolerance” and your relationship with the buyer.
No one WANTS to cancel an order, but sometimes its necessary…in my opinion.

Additionally if you mutually cancel the order there is NO review on your profile as the job wasn’t done/completed/accepted by the buyer

You offer unlimited revisions therefore it is your own fault.
I do not understand why people do that, it is like telling the worst buyers to come and annoy you and it tells good buyers that you are not confident in your work.
If you deliver work that cannot be fixed in 2-3 revisions then you are doing a lot wrong.

Anyway, in terms of what to do: If you cancel the order it will not leave a bad review on your profile, it will affect your cancellation rate. I suggest asking the buyer if they will be happy with a refund first. This is customer service and can help you avoid a bad “hidden feedback” which the buyer can leave after cancellation.

You offer unlimited revisions therefore it is your own fault.

I do not understand why people do that, it is like telling the worst buyers to come and annoy you and it tells good buyers that you are not confident in your work.

If you deliver work that cannot be fixed in 2-3 revisions then you are doing a lot wrong.

Anyway, in terms of what to do: If you cancel the order it will not leave a bad review on your profile, it will affect your cancellation rate. I suggest asking the buyer if they will be happy with a refund first. This is customer service and can help you avoid a bad “hidden feedback” which the buyer can leave after cancellation.

Well said. I didn’t check the gig…acting like a forum newbie 😇

sometimes you can get buyer although you are right they are not happy, in this situation what can i do

I gave a suggestion of what to do in my last comment. I understand that you think offering unlimited revisions is a good idea and attracts buyers but it really doesn’t. If you offer 3 or 5 revisions instead you can always give them more if you need to and that way the buyer thinks you are doing something extra for them. If you think a buyer is asking for too much or being unfair you can simply say no. With unlimited revisions you cannot do anything.

what to do if although you did the job perfectly but buyer keeps asking for revision. what to do in this situation? if i cancel order there will be negative review in my profile, if i dont cancel order buyer keep asking for revisions.

Unlimited revision has zero impact to buy or not buy. I have never, let me repeat that never purchased a gig because the seller offered unlimited revision.

If anything, I’ve actually avoided sellers who offer that. My thinking is that if the seller is confident in his/her abilities they won’t offer it.

you did the job perfectly but buyer keeps asking for revision

This really makes no sense. Perfect is defined as no flaws or mistake. How can someone ask for revision on something that is flawless?

If you were solving a math problem:

4x4=16

That’s technically a perfect answer. How can I tell you I want a revision?

Unlimited revision has zero impact to buy or not buy. I have never, let me repeat that never purchased a gig because the seller offered unlimited revision.

If anything, I’ve actually avoided sellers who offer that. My thinking is that if the seller is confident in his/her abilities they won’t offer it.

you did the job perfectly but buyer keeps asking for revision

This really makes no sense. Perfect is defined as no flaws or mistake. How can someone ask for revision on something that is flawless?

If you were solving a math problem:

4x4=16

That’s technically a perfect answer. How can I tell you I want a revision?

thanks for your answer, but you can find that kind of people in the world. who is never satisfied

Archived