Long Term Buyers?

lucycodex

I see a lot of buyers here who want me to write, say, “multiple articles a week”. I certainly hope they know I charge 10$ per 500 words, and I won’t lower my price.

Based on your experience with these buyers, do they just buy you gig many times a week, or do they want you to pretty much work for them and pay you off fiverr, possibly pennies on the dollar?

99% of the time buyers who say they will order regularly don’t. All my regulars tip and overpay rather than ask for discounts and rarely say upfront that they are looking for regular work. They just like what they get after the first order and keep on ordering.

I now never give discounts on writing. Every time I do I end up shooting myself in the foot. i.e. Times are slow and I accept to write 10 articles for $50, then after accepting that order, I get a single order for $25 from a real human.

I think it really depends on the buyer, but so far my all my regular buyers are aware with my
pricing and they don’t expect me to give them a discount because they are my regulars.
I DID have some buyers who asked for discounts after placing a few orders but I said no right away. I think Fiverr is low price already, no need to go lower!!

I’d say just make it clear to them that you will be charging them each time.
It’s up to you really, but basically I never give discounts.

I give discounts in translation work if there is an interesting project. For example I translated a cookbook recently and I gave 20% discount simply because I never before translated a book and I felt super proud of this achievement.
But in writing the prices are already way too down, which is crazy in my opinion, but yesterday I received a message from a customer that wanted 5 articles of 500words each for 10$.
I couldn’t even believe people dare to ask for this.

I agree with what @cyaxrex stated regrading the majority of buyers who “say” that they’ll order regularly, but don’t.
I don’t do writing, but voice and video, and I never…EVER give discounts. (probably why the Buyer’s Request area doesn’t work for me either).
I’ve learned never to undervalue your work. Even while working in a gig-centric, micro-economy like fiverr where work can be done for $5…I can’t.
I have regular buyers that come back from trailers or promo video, a few know me off-fiverr and they overpay (1) because of the quality and (2) the perceived value and (3) because of the pricing floor I’ve set. My $5 don’t get a lot of looks/hits/clicks because apparently everyone with a microphone is a voice talent, but the jobs I still get are from long-term buyers who pay over my gig asking rate. No discounts. Ever. IMHO.

99% of the time buyers who say they will order regularly don’t. All my regulars tip and overpay rather than ask for discounts and rarely say upfront that they are looking for regular work. They just like what they get after the first order and keep on ordering.

I now never give discounts on writing. Every time I do I end up shooting myself in the foot. i.e. Times are slow and I accept to write 10 articles for $50, then after accepting that order, I get a single order for $25 from a real human.

I agree, I hardly ever give discounts.

Sometimes I give extra fast turnaround for free when a buyer is in a pinch, but other than that I charge full price (Fiverr full price = already discounted for most 🙂)

I suggest that you give extras to regulars, rather than discounts.
For example, I will give an occasional free small order to a regular or prioritize them so they get it quicker. I also tell my regulars to tell me when something is urgent and I will get it done quickly. This works well and is actually more valuable to them than 10-20% off.
When it comes to new buyers looking for discounts, if you are so inclined, offer them a free xx amount of words after they have ordered xx amount of times/words. As has been said above, most of these will not come back anyway.
I buy regularly from a number of people and I would never look to commit to someone before seeing what the work is actually like. In the end, that is the most important factor.
Aside from that, asking someone to make a deal with no commitment is just unprofessional.

The worst are those buyers that say they want to work with you, seem all excited and disappear after you send them the custom offer. Then you message them to ask what’s up and they don’t respond…seriously why get my hopes up.

I’m constantly in vacation mode because I have long term buyers. I didn’t even settle for the price. I told them my price, sent them quality work, and the rest is history. It’s definitely possible! And never settle your price. People who want good quality should understand the price needs to match. 🙂

The worst are those buyers that say they want to work with you, seem all excited and disappear after you send them the custom offer. Then you message them to ask what’s up and they don’t respond…seriously why get my hopes up.

Ahh same!! I had two/three like that on my inbox. I actually gave two of them ideas for the design and they even approved of it. But just when I send them a custom offer, they disappeared into thin air.

Ahh same!! I had two/three like that on my inbox. I actually gave two of them ideas for the design and they even approved of it. But just when I send them a custom offer, they disappeared into thin air.

EXACTLY!!!

At least tell us if you chose someone else already and not keep us in suspense >_<

I have only one regular buyer as of now. I do not give discounts as such and I guess he doesn’t even expect me to. I try to deliver as early as possible and he tips me every single time. I guess long term buyers doesn’t really look for discounts, they just want their work to be done properly and in time. The only downside that I can think of is that they don’t give proper review like their first order. Yes, he gives me 5star but doesn’t write anything else…but it doesn’t matter that much…

I suggest that you give extras to regulars, rather than discounts.

For example, I will give an occasional free small order to a regular or prioritize them so they get it quicker. I also tell my regulars to tell me when something is urgent and I will get it done quickly. This works well and is actually more valuable to them than 10-20% off.

When it comes to new buyers looking for discounts, if you are so inclined, offer them a free xx amount of words after they have ordered xx amount of times/words. As has been said above, most of these will not come back anyway.

I buy regularly from a number of people and I would never look to commit to someone before seeing what the work is actually like. In the end, that is the most important factor.

Aside from that, asking someone to make a deal with no commitment is just unprofessional.

I also tell my regulars to tell me when something is urgent and I will get it done quickly. This works well and is actually more valuable to them than 10-20% off.

I second that. I don’t want discount. It makes me feel guilty when it’s offered. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful and it does make me feel special.

Getting something extra makes me feel even more special. I like things like early delivery. ❤️

There are Long Term Buyers !

First we need to understand who are repeated buyers or long term buyers? If they are promising you to bring regular work for you then Majority of them are owning an online business and outsourcing their work here so they really know your prices and they already have their commission in their pockets so they will never ask you for discounts or anything like that though what they require is the trust that you won’t let them down you will do the job successfully and as per agreement , you won’t leave them in the middle of some mess which will ruin their online business. I have so many repeated buyers and they never ever asked me anything for free, you just need to be honest with them and if they are bringing you the regular work there is no harm in giving them something extra as a token of professional relationship.

That is totally my opinion and i can be wrong 🙂

I agree with what @cyaxrex stated regrading the majority of buyers who “say” that they’ll order regularly, but don’t.

I don’t do writing, but voice and video, and I never…EVER give discounts. (probably why the Buyer’s Request area doesn’t work for me either).

I’ve learned never to undervalue your work. Even while working in a gig-centric, micro-economy like fiverr where work can be done for $5…I can’t.

I have regular buyers that come back from trailers or promo video, a few know me off-fiverr and they overpay (1) because of the quality and (2) the perceived value and (3) because of the pricing floor I’ve set. My $5 don’t get a lot of looks/hits/clicks because apparently everyone with a microphone is a voice talent, but the jobs I still get are from long-term buyers who pay over my gig asking rate. No discounts. Ever. IMHO.

Well-said, Markus. When I started here a year ago, I was willing to do things for $5, but I’ve slowly been raising my prices and saying “No” to far more buyers who are looking for cheap work. I want to be known for quality, not for being cheap. 🙂 It seems that more Voiceover people are starting to do the same, which is encouraging!

Archived