It's so nice to have a Horrible Day Finally

cyaxrex

It’s 7:36am where I am and I’ve been sat at this computer since 12pm yesterday aside from a brief stint in the afternoon at the pub where I just ended up working on my tablet. It’s horrendous. If I were walk through an airport right now, they would have to put my eye bags through separate security scanners. And woe, I’m still not finished…

Anyway, the upside is that it’s a really dismal day. The sky is grey, there are no birds singing, and I feel perfectly fine with the idea of finishing up, tuning out, and just gorging myself on toast in front of whatever has been happening in the latest season of the Walking Dead.

My only hope is that the grey dismal weather where I am, is here because it sunny for someone else somewhere who deserves it to be.

There you go forum. A nice little bit of positivity for you to start your day with. Isn’t that nice?

Another Good Day Here in India, Happy People, Cheerful Animals, Chirping Birds, Lovely Traffic, Sexy Pollution, Hot But Pleasant Sun, Dry but Beautiful Weather, Fantastic Water Shortage, Gorgeous 4-Hour Daily Power Shutdown…

You make life in India sound like a full blown ayahuasca experience, Writer.

Also, how on Earth can it be morning for me at the same time it is for you? Shouldn’t it be lunch time in India already? And how are you posting in the forum in the middle of a 4-hour power shut down? Your not making that pigeon of yours run hell for leather on the treadmill just to keep the lights on I hope?

You make life in India sound like a full blown ayahuasca experience, Writer.

Also, how on Earth can it be morning for me at the same time it is for you? Shouldn’t it be lunch time in India already? And how are you posting in the forum in the middle of a 4-hour power shut down? Your not making that pigeon of yours run hell for leather on the treadmill just to keep the lights on I hope?

I have 24/7 power backup…[i let the bird free in the park, it was looking bored, so thought it was missing its own people] [Also, it was making the room dirty, which I did not appreciate.]

Excerpt from article:

“I think providing private rooms to maids is humane, and if they ask for a TV, it’s only fair. They need their privacy, distraction and time off like anyone else, and they are here to provide a service, not to be treated like a third-class citizen.”

I hope you abide by these same stringent moral principles.

@cyaxrex: You make having a horrible day sound so nice. Literally. Now I’m looking forward to having one.

It’s the old romantic in me. Of course, if my day was horrible in the sense that I had just run out of coffee or got a huge electric bill, I probably wouldn’t be so bubbly.

It’s 7:36am where I am and I’ve been sat at this computer since 12pm yesterday aside from a brief stint in the afternoon at the pub where I just ended up working on my tablet. It’s horrendous. If I were walk through an airport right now, they would have to put my eye bags through separate security scanners. And woe, I’m still not finished…

Anyway, the upside is that it’s a really dismal day. The sky is grey, there are no birds singing, and I feel perfectly fine with the idea of finishing up, tuning out, and just gorging myself on toast in front of whatever has been happening in the latest season of the Walking Dead.

My only hope is that the grey dismal weather where I am, is here because it sunny for someone else somewhere who deserves it to be.

There you go forum. A nice little bit of positivity for you to start your day with. Isn’t that nice?

If I were walk through an airport right now, they would have to put my eye bags through separate security scanners.

How does one even think of such metaphors!

Does laying the footprint for your personal blog and prepping up to slay the affiliate marketing world at night while others are fast asleep count also? It’s daybreak and now I’m beginning to crave my sleep.

So much for making money!

Yes, it counts. Well done for putting the effort in! I really hope it works out.

Also, as a piece of friendly advice, whatever you do, don’t go to bed now! Fight through and go to bed at your regular time this evening. If you don’t, you will fall into a cycle of God awful insomnia and low energy which can take days to correct.

(I do this at least once every couple of weeks).

If I were walk through an airport right now, they would have to put my eye bags through separate security scanners.

How does one even think of such metaphors!

I find that sleep deprivation provides me with the unique ability to channel both Earnest Hemmingway and H.G, Wells simultaneously.

It’s a kind of superpower which will cost me a fortune eventually when my eyebags sag down to my chin and I have to finally seek cosmetic surgical assistance. - Either that or join a shady Russian circus freak show.

Yes, it counts. Well done for putting the effort in! I really hope it works out.

Also, as a piece of friendly advice, whatever you do, don’t go to bed now! Fight through and go to bed at your regular time this evening. If you don’t, you will fall into a cycle of God awful insomnia and low energy which can take days to correct.

(I do this at least once every couple of weeks).

Thanks. I figured if I keep procrastinating I’ll only be hurting myself. So why not? What’s the worst that could happen?

As for my sleep, this is hardly the first time I’ll be skipping it. I deal with it just fine. Well, except this time I have a must-attend function later in the evening which I can’t afford to miss, and skipping the first night of sleep always tends to form a pattern - sleep during the day, too agile and active to sleep at night…rinse and repeat.

I find that sleep deprivation provides me with the unique ability to channel both Earnest Hemmingway and H.G, Wells simultaneously.

It’s a kind of superpower which will cost me a fortune eventually when my eyebags sag down to my chin and I have to finally seek cosmetic surgical assistance. - Either that or join a shady Russian circus freak show.

If you join a startup as a social media/community manager, you could be paid handsomely for your sleep deprivation 🙂

If you join a startup as a social media/community manager, you could be paid handsomely for your sleep deprivation 🙂

Let’s do it! Make me richer than Writer99025 and I’ll buy you a new pair of stilettos to wear on your big man hands, as well as shower you with all kinds of other strange gifts.

I’m glad you let the bird go. I thought you would when you saw how the room looked.

We had a power outage for two hours and it was lovely to sit under the palm trees with the neighbors sipping lemonade and watching the birds. It was quiet with a gentle warm breeze off the lake and no one around aside from a few neighbors who also came outside due to no power.

The air smells like flowers. There are butterflies and birds with nests and young ones. Occasionally a skateboarder or motorbike goes by. It’s glorious weather. I hope we get more power outages.

I’m glad you let the bird go. I thought you would when you saw how the room looked.

We had a power outage for two hours and it was lovely to sit under the palm trees with the neighbors sipping lemonade and watching the birds. It was quiet with a gentle warm breeze off the lake and no one around aside from a few neighbors who also came outside due to no power.

The air smells like flowers. There are butterflies and birds with nests and young ones. Occasionally a skateboarder or motorbike goes by. It’s glorious weather. I hope we get more power outages.

You live in a very beautiful place, it seems. No such luck here 🙂

I hope we get more power outages.

Trust me when I say you really don’t hope so. I live in a country where we have more power outages than the term ‘power outage’ does justice to. Enjoying 4 hours of power is a rare privillege. So, we all have power generating sets, spending almost as much on fuelling them as we do on paying the power bills and barely getting up to 6 hours of power per day. Believe me, it sucks! Hampers your business, stiffles your hours of relaxation, leaves you drenched in sweat during sleep hours, and if you’ve got the money to power your generators, you enjoy the wholesome noise. Arrgghh!

Besides, when you get used to power outages, the fun of it is sapped away. Completely. Sorry for the rant

This was a blessing for me to not be able to work as I would have missed such a lovely day. I live in a beautiful sacred place. Ancient old Live Oak trees next to a big lake. And lots of palm trees. There is usually a giant orange moon at night-- sometimes it looks (I can’t find the words to describe it) unrealistically enormous. I mean it seems to take up most of the sky in some kind of optical illusion. There is a name for this phenomenon but I can’t recall it. It has to be seen to be believed it’s so huge. Like a giant hot air balloon a few blocks away.

I have 24/7 power backup…[i let the bird free in the park, it was looking bored, so thought it was missing its own people] [Also, it was making the room dirty, which I did not appreciate.]

For the first time in 14 years, you had contact with another living creature, and you let it go so soon because it laid some dingleberries in your room?

I wonder how you are on dates!

Date : So, umm…I had a nice time, should we go back to your place?

Writer : I don’t appreciate it when people make my room dirty. It was nice talking to you, sister.

Date :

For the first time in 14 years, you had contact with another living creature, and you let it go so soon because it laid some dingleberries in your room?

I wonder how you are on dates!

Date : So, umm…I had a nice time, should we go back to your place?

Writer : I don’t appreciate it when people make my room dirty. It was nice talking to you, sister.

Date :

Birds are really messy. That’s why they are kept in cages. I saw that coming.

Trust me when I say you really don’t hope so. I live in a country where we have more power outages than the term ‘power outage’ does justice to. Enjoying 4 hours of power is a rare privillege. So, we all have power generating sets, spending almost as much on fuelling them as we do on paying the power bills and barely getting up to 6 hours of power per day. Believe me, it sucks! Hampers your business, stiffles your hours of relaxation, leaves you drenched in sweat during sleep hours, and if you’ve got the money to power your generators, you enjoy the wholesome noise. Arrgghh!

Besides, when you get used to power outages, the fun of it is sapped away. Completely. Sorry for the rant

You should get power inverters or UPS as we call it. No noise, nothing. Automatic. You won’t feel a thing.

You can get a Netbook with a low power consumption and a good battery backup.

Look for any Netbook with an Intel Atom processor, they are meant for low power consumption and work perfectly for people who need it only for typing (writers, programmers), not suitable for digital artists and animators (Photoshop, Maya, etc) or gamers.

We don’t have power cuts here but my main computer is a gaming beast and sucks a lot of power. It didn’t make sense to fire up a big machine just to respond to “Hi, what is included in this gig?”, so I got a netbook. Battery life out-of-the-box is 12 hours, and one can add extra 24 hours through an external power bank.

200$ for the netbook and 30$ for the power bank, and you have yourself a freelance office with 3 business days worth of juice. No need for generators.

Archived