This Website is Utterly Confusing

yanosova

So…After clicking ever tab I could for past 24 hours and sending a message to the FAQ section, I thought maybe I could ask here. But WHERE do you go to find clients? Is this just a giant pool of “gigs” and you just have to cross your fingers a client clicks you? I thought this site would be like a Reddit forum. Where a client posts “I need a logo. Willing to pay $35” and then whoever is interested would reply with their work samples. Then the client can pick and choose who they want to work with/who’s style they like.

It feels like I’m screaming into the void with how things are set up here. Am I the only one? Did I miss something while creating my gig that doesn’t allow me to see the clients? Please help. Very confused. Very disparate to have a $5 side gig.

1. Buyer’s Requests
  2. Market yourself, no one here is going to hold your hand.

But when you (Or I, rather), go to the Buyer’s Requests there’s nothing there? No requests found. So that’s why I’m wondering how you find these requests, like if you have to add them to some que? Where you see if you’re a good fit for the client and then message them? Is it blank for me because I missed something in my gig set up?

Follow up- You said make more gigs? So I need to have a bundle of different offers? I don’t even know what I’m offering now is the way to go about it.

So…After clicking ever tab I could for past 24 hours and sending a message to the FAQ section, I thought maybe I could ask here. But WHERE do you go to find clients? Is this just a giant pool of “gigs” and you just have to cross your fingers a client clicks you? I thought this site would be like a Reddit forum. Where a client posts “I need a logo. Willing to pay $35” and then whoever is interested would reply with their work samples. Then the client can pick and choose who they want to work with/who’s style they like.

It feels like I’m screaming into the void with how things are set up here. Am I the only one? Did I miss something while creating my gig that doesn’t allow me to see the clients? Please help. Very confused. Very disparate to have a $5 side gig.

Is this just a giant pool of “gigs” and you just have to cross your fingers a client clicks you?

To a certain extent, yes. Clients typically find you by going to the search page and looking for what they want to buy. There is a lot of competition, but you also have to remember that a lot of newer sellers offer poor services or poor communication so you can top them with some effort. You also have to utilization methods to promote your own business here. It’s not unlike working from your own website except the search page gives you a bit of a boost.

I thought this site would be like a Reddit forum. Where a client posts “I need a logo. Willing to pay $35” and then whoever is interested would reply with their work samples.

Fiverr is definitely not set up like many other freelancing sites. It was never intended as a place for sellers to bid and the only option to bid is a kind of “side feature” called Buyer Requests where you can see a few buyers asking for things and get some early sales. Buyer Request wasn’t intended to be a primary feature for Fiverr, though. The site is a platform for freelance sellers to showcase their work.

It feels like I’m screaming into the void with how things are set up here. Am I the only one? Did I miss something while creating my gig that doesn’t allow me to see the clients?

Perhaps you haven’t read enough yet, there is good information to be found on how the site works. Here are some resources:

The Fiverr Academy (Best for brand new or struggling sellers)

The Support Team Knowledge Base (use search for best results)

The Tips for Sellers forum category (A good place to read tips and post tips for others - for a place to ask questions keep reading)

The Fiverr FAQ (Great to read simple Q & A or post a question IF it hasn’t been posted before)

The Conversations forum category (Good for general chit chat or questions that might lead to a full discussion)

It’s also good to become familiar with:

Summary on Fiverr Communications

Fiverr works just like your local market. They feature their wares and you choose which items you want.

Fiverr boasts millions of gigs, buyers will search for a service they need help with and visit a gig which interests him or her. He will then message the seller and/or order from him.

As simple as that 😉

Is this just a giant pool of “gigs” and you just have to cross your fingers a client clicks you?

To a certain extent, yes. Clients typically find you by going to the search page and looking for what they want to buy. There is a lot of competition, but you also have to remember that a lot of newer sellers offer poor services or poor communication so you can top them with some effort. You also have to utilization methods to promote your own business here. It’s not unlike working from your own website except the search page gives you a bit of a boost.

I thought this site would be like a Reddit forum. Where a client posts “I need a logo. Willing to pay $35” and then whoever is interested would reply with their work samples.

Fiverr is definitely not set up like many other freelancing sites. It was never intended as a place for sellers to bid and the only option to bid is a kind of “side feature” called Buyer Requests where you can see a few buyers asking for things and get some early sales. Buyer Request wasn’t intended to be a primary feature for Fiverr, though. The site is a platform for freelance sellers to showcase their work.

It feels like I’m screaming into the void with how things are set up here. Am I the only one? Did I miss something while creating my gig that doesn’t allow me to see the clients?

Perhaps you haven’t read enough yet, there is good information to be found on how the site works. Here are some resources:

The Fiverr Academy (Best for brand new or struggling sellers)

The Support Team Knowledge Base (use search for best results)

The Tips for Sellers forum category (A good place to read tips and post tips for others - for a place to ask questions keep reading)

The Fiverr FAQ (Great to read simple Q & A or post a question IF it hasn’t been posted before)

The Conversations forum category (Good for general chit chat or questions that might lead to a full discussion)

It’s also good to become familiar with:

Summary on Fiverr Communications

Ooo. I see. So essentially, the client needs to find me. There’s not much a way for ME to find THEM. I getcha.

Thank you for the reply!

Fiverr works just like your local market. They feature their wares and you choose which items you want.

Fiverr boasts millions of gigs, buyers will search for a service they need help with and visit a gig which interests him or her. He will then message the seller and/or order from him.

As simple as that 😉

Ah, I see. Like a market. Thank you!

Ooo. I see. So essentially, the client needs to find me. There’s not much a way for ME to find THEM. I getcha.

Thank you for the reply!

That’s correct (except for Buyer Requests as I and others mentioned.) Like any business owner, though, it is important that you look for ways to make it easier for the clients that need you can find you. Read some of the links I gave you and search the forum for tips on promoting yourself. Good luck.

Although being a new seller on fiverr can be tough, there are some ways to make sure you get a running start on your carerr:

1. PROPOSALS MATTER - Take the time to read each request and respond with a genuine, detailed offer. Explain your pricing and timeline, always include your best portfolio, and proper grammar is a MUST!

2. COMPETITIVE BIDDING - Being a new seller youre going to be competing with other sellers who have already established a fiverr reputation with reviews… This means you won’t always be able to ask for the same high prices and expect to get the job… A rule for new sellers on fiverr is bid competitively, try sending offers for half of what the requested budget may be. A buyer looking for the lowest offer may be more inclined to work with a new seller if it means he can keep some money in his pocket!

Goodluck, stick around, although a bit hard at first your career can take off very quickly on fiverr with just a few good reviews.

OH! And I just found out you don’t HAVE to have 3 levels of the gig. That was upsetting me too, cause I just wanted to a offer a nice, simple, one package deal. Now all of a sudden I have to start adding little extra things to a very basic project. Phew, what a load off my mind!

OH! And I just found out you don’t HAVE to have 3 levels of the gig. That was upsetting me too, cause I just wanted to a offer a nice, simple, one package deal. Now all of a sudden I have to start adding little extra things to a very basic project. Phew, what a load off my mind!

No sir, you can do a basic gig.Although in my experience taking the time to setup the 3 level gigs does increase sales.

One more question. I see some people have a large gallery that show off their work. I am only allowed 3 per gig? Is there something else I am supposed to select in order to have a big gallery to show off all my work?

That’s the “Live Portfolio” where the work done for clients on Fiverr gets added (if those allow it)

But there’s also the .pdf option.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I wanted to add some points - if you want to see more Buyer Requests, it can help to look at all categories and sub-categories to see if there might be one you don´t immediately or mainly think someone might look in for a gig like yours, and choose that instead of the first category that comes to mind, if you have a gig in that category already. And even if you don´t see many, or see lots of seller’s advertising there (against ToS), keep checking them, many people find good jobs in there, even repeat customers.

Also, whether gig images or portfolios - make sure to only display images you made yourself and have the rights to use. If you made that Harlot image or are entitled to use it (think copyright!) that´s great, though then you should mention that in your gig description possibly (if not, better exchange it for one of your own, as the right holders as well as other sellers might flag your gig as violating ToS and it might be deleted then by Fiverr, and you´d lose any reviews you´d have on it).

Always proofread your gig descriptions (don´t forget titles and the little bit of text in the package description), especially if you´re from the US and only have one native language displayed, not all, but some buyers feel more comfortable to buy from a seller with perfect gig descriptions, as they infer that the diligence they put in there equals that they´ll put in the work they do. Witty is good, typos not so much (example: “Need a cool and oringal art work?” in your Standard Package for the ‘I Will Create Unique Artwork For You’ Gig. 🙂

🍀

Oh and yes, it´s confusing, but you´ll get used to it quickly. 🙂

Archived