Fiverrs, What are your average analytics on new gigs first time orders?

marshamywords

Hi, I’m Marsha! I’m a new Fiverr. I haven’t sold any gigs as of yet, but have had fair analytics, and am still editing/revising and advertising. I have a few questions about analytics, and I hope a few of you might know the answers and be willing to share.
After you post a new gig, what are the average analytics, impressions/clicks/views before they are popular, (at the time they’re first starting to be ordered)? About how many views do you get before it’s ordered? I’d like to know the average. I hope you can help me, looking forward to hearing anything you can offer. Thanks in advance!

Your gig will look totally different to a potential buyer at each stage.

If you can have your gig description, video intro in place at the time you go live, you will have a little more momentum.

Your order will first be easily seen in a new gig search. This is actually a great place for buyers to take a chance on new sellers. This is risky for them, but they can come out with some huge saving and the y may just have a provider that is willing to put alot of work in the projects because the seller is trying to get good reviews under their belt.

If you can have some on your personal real clients order your gig during this earlier launch, you will also have sales and reviews at the same time that you are getting exposure as a new gig. Your gig will actually stand out because your are new and you are one of the few that already has sales and reviews.

I don’t have stats to prove it, but it feels like I get 4 times the amount of orders when I have orders already in the queue.

Now your views or impressions have more to do with how many people are looking for your keys words and less about what Fiverr is doing.

But your clicks have to do with how attractive your thumbnail is.

If you run a fire sales when you start, you will fuel the orders. That’s what I did. I discounted the 1st 100 deliveries. The discount actually helped me complete 100 orders in 60 days.

I had to decide if it was more important to get the sales, rather than charge full price in the beginning.

With discounts in the beginning, I had conversions of closer to 10%. Now I have conversions around 3%. Higher prices usually will slow down your sales or conversions.

Really great post! Thank you for taking the time to give such thoughtful, insightful advice. I sincerely appreciate it.

Yes, about the fire sales, I was considering this, and whether it would be effective, as well as weighing pros/cons. I didn’t want people to dismiss my abilities based on very low price, or undercut the more established writers and throw a curb on their job offers. I haven’t seen many gigs doing this right now. Trends run in waves and if I advertise on my gig that I am taking “500 words for only $5.00 on the first 50 sales!” or something similar, other newbie Fiverrs might pick up on it, running their gigs low, as well. That could cost established Fiverrs a percentage of their projected sales and perhaps also effect me, later.

I did discount one gig, running the first 500 words at 10% of my normal rate. I did make three packages and only discounted the basic, (fewest words offered). This way, a client can either pay my normal rate for a higher word count package or buy multiples of the basic package. Offering separate, (multiple duplicate purchases) gigs for the basic, I may have opportunity to receive more buyer feedback, and they will automatically be return buyers, (although not the same and not as fulfilling as the genuine return of a client at a separate time).

The discount is sacrifice for the buyer’s opportunity to give feedback. I also understand that the buyer might not give feedback for each package they buy - I don’t know if Fiverr makes checking a box to leave a comment on the sale mandatory, but I am taking a chance. I think most people will give feedback, and if they do it more than once, I will think the discount is worth it; if they don’t give feedback, at least they sampled my services; they’ll know they got way more than they paid for, and possibly return. Either way, the discount should be worth it.

I do have a concern that 500 words being half the price of 1000 words will be confusing to the buyer. They might question my good sense and math skills. They may simply assume that the cheaper offer is only good as one-per-buyer and that they can’t double-up on it. The problem is that I did not explain the reason for listing it that way. I didn’t want to turn the attention away from the buyer and I was concerned with advertising the discount.

I can’t wait to arrive at a level with more space for extras and customization. I want to allow people to split-up the packages to use on different projects, (say, take a 500 word-count and make it into two, 250 word Pinterest pin “articles”)

So far I am only running two live gigs, both with only stock photos. I am working on my adding Fiverr to my sites and ads and I have more gigs in draft. I’m trying to create individually diverse gigs, each covering a micro-niche as thoroughly as possible to offer the most customization and options a customer might want. I do see a lot of people advertising “custom gigs”, but I think most customers want a basic map to what you offer, that they can possibly expand on. I don’t have any experience with this. I am just experimenting and researching as the ideas come. I’m accepting any advice/critique.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my “books” (Ha-ha I know, corny) and for all your interesting and experienced advice to consider! I think I will go ahead and try out the “fire sale” and burn some books. I will take all your considerations into account. Please, contact me any way, any time. I’ll also take a look at your gig profile and keep you in mind for future services or referrals to buyers if I can’t cover something. Glad to have met you, Landon!

Best,
Marsha

Really great post! Thank you for taking the time to give such thoughtful, insightful advice. I sincerely appreciate it.

Yes, about the fire sales, I was considering this, and whether it would be effective, as well as weighing pros/cons. I didn’t want people to dismiss my abilities based on very low price, or undercut the more established writers and throw a curb on their job offers. I haven’t seen many gigs doing this right now. Trends run in waves and if I advertise on my gig that I am taking “500 words for only $5.00 on the first 50 sales!” or something similar, other newbie Fiverrs might pick up on it, running their gigs low, as well. That could cost established Fiverrs a percentage of their projected sales and perhaps also effect me, later.

I did discount one gig, running the first 500 words at 10% of my normal rate. I did make three packages and only discounted the basic, (fewest words offered). This way, a client can either pay my normal rate for a higher word count package or buy multiples of the basic package. Offering separate, (multiple duplicate purchases) gigs for the basic, I may have opportunity to receive more buyer feedback, and they will automatically be return buyers, (although not the same and not as fulfilling as the genuine return of a client at a separate time).

The discount is sacrifice for the buyer’s opportunity to give feedback. I also understand that the buyer might not give feedback for each package they buy - I don’t know if Fiverr makes checking a box to leave a comment on the sale mandatory, but I am taking a chance. I think most people will give feedback, and if they do it more than once, I will think the discount is worth it; if they don’t give feedback, at least they sampled my services; they’ll know they got way more than they paid for, and possibly return. Either way, the discount should be worth it.

I do have a concern that 500 words being half the price of 1000 words will be confusing to the buyer. They might question my good sense and math skills. They may simply assume that the cheaper offer is only good as one-per-buyer and that they can’t double-up on it. The problem is that I did not explain the reason for listing it that way. I didn’t want to turn the attention away from the buyer and I was concerned with advertising the discount.

I can’t wait to arrive at a level with more space for extras and customization. I want to allow people to split-up the packages to use on different projects, (say, take a 500 word-count and make it into two, 250 word Pinterest pin “articles”)

So far I am only running two live gigs, both with only stock photos. I am working on my adding Fiverr to my sites and ads and I have more gigs in draft. I’m trying to create individually diverse gigs, each covering a micro-niche as thoroughly as possible to offer the most customization and options a customer might want. I do see a lot of people advertising “custom gigs”, but I think most customers want a basic map to what you offer, that they can possibly expand on. I don’t have any experience with this. I am just experimenting and researching as the ideas come. I’m accepting any advice/critique.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my “books” (Ha-ha I know, corny) and for all your interesting and experienced advice to consider! I think I will go ahead and try out the “fire sale” and burn some books. I will take all your considerations into account. Please, contact me any way, any time. I’ll also take a look at your gig profile and keep you in mind for future services or referrals to buyers if I can’t cover something. Glad to have met you, Landon!

Best,

Marsha

I didn’t advertise it as a sale. I just did it. I didn’t have to advertise that later the price would change. I just changed it.

I provided for $5 what I saw people selling for $25.00. I did it in 24 hours when I saw people doing it in 5-10 days. I could always pause my gig or change the delivery time on future orders if I got too many orders. The 24 hours will scare you alittle.

You can make your gig intro video and your description help remove doubt about quality and customer service since you don’t have reviews. I changed my intro video and description about 4 major times during the 100 first orders. It wasn’t price changes, it was changing the mechanics. Like you described all the potential options for your gig.

When I changed my price from $5.00 to $25.00 at 100 orders, It felt like I kept 30% of the repeat customers. But what was interesting is that I immediately started getting new order from new people that hadn’t noticed me. It was like the new customers were only in the market for a level 2 with excellent reviews at the $25.00 price point.

I have never felt trapped in a price range or offer. It’s like your’e a kiosk in a shopping mall and 4000 new people are coming by and seeing your offer today. Only a handful of people come to your cart and say, “Wasn’t the purse $5.00 yesterday?” You can say, “Let me show you some of these purses. These are handmade and after evaluated the amount of time we were taking to make them perfect just for you we needed to charge more to cover the time we were putting into it.”

I didn’t advertise it as a sale. I just did it. I didn’t have to advertise that later the price would change. I just changed it.

I provided for $5 what I saw people selling for $25.00. I did it in 24 hours when I saw people doing it in 5-10 days. I could always pause my gig or change the delivery time on future orders if I got too many orders. The 24 hours will scare you alittle.

You can make your gig intro video and your description help remove doubt about quality and customer service since you don’t have reviews. I changed my intro video and description about 4 major times during the 100 first orders. It wasn’t price changes, it was changing the mechanics. Like you described all the potential options for your gig.

When I changed my price from $5.00 to $25.00 at 100 orders, It felt like I kept 30% of the repeat customers. But what was interesting is that I immediately started getting new order from new people that hadn’t noticed me. It was like the new customers were only in the market for a level 2 with excellent reviews at the $25.00 price point.

I have never felt trapped in a price range or offer. It’s like your’e a kiosk in a shopping mall and 4000 new people are coming by and seeing your offer today. Only a handful of people come to your cart and say, “Wasn’t the purse $5.00 yesterday?” You can say, “Let me show you some of these purses. These are handmade and after evaluated the amount of time we were taking to make them perfect just for you we needed to charge more to cover the time we were putting into it.”

thank you for much of information

Archived