Limited to 2 Unique Gig - Add-ons?

jgonzales21

Newbie here. I am trying to add more than 2 unique gig add-ons under the business card category. It has some pre-defined add-ons that don’t fit what I am trying to do. Am I under the wrong area?

Thanks in advance.

Hi! I’m Marsha. I am also a newbie, and encountered the same issue, but I have given this some thought and I have a few solutions, (including the one I’m using) that might work for you and give you a boost in sales.

The limit in amount of add-ons, or “gig extras” initially, saves space - (and refunds, and reputation) on sellers who aren’t committed to their sales and provides it as a perk later, intended to encourage sellers to remain with Fiverr and build their business here. For many options to become available you have to reach a higher level and make sales, but how do you get started if the limited add-ons, or gig extra options is a deal-breaker because you cannot sell the gig without them?

1) Offer a selection of service options as free extras, as additional perks to boost sales. You can always include them in the packages, adding value to your package, (increase the prices accordingly) and detail the options in a multiple choice format under “Requirements”. You can even stipulate that certain service extras are available with specific packages - this way, you can give what corresponds to each package normally, and provide an incentive to purchase larger packages with the offer of more valuable and/or popular choice of free extra add-on(s) services included

You can advertise that these normally pricey option(s) are included in the package price exclusively on Fiverr and for a limited time - don’t forget to let your customers know in the description or another field that these are exclusive and valuable services, (and optional) and make sure to ask the questions, such as whether the customer wants one and which one, in your “Requirements” section. Let them know that, “Order cannot be processed without this information” in the requirements.

You can offer just one option (or more), and allow the customer to choose from the list which “free extra” they want most. This way, they will see all options avail. - people like to have options and that alone adds value; they may return to purchase an “extra” alone.

"You expect me to just give it away?! No way! It’s too valuable!"

Well if that’s how you feel, Sell it like this: "Make an “Extra Options” gig: You can offer the options as separate gigs, or just make one gig in addition and title it so customers know it corresponds to the main gig. Be sure to make “Requirements” mandatory (check the box provided in editing) and advise the customer that the second gig may only purchased if they have already purchased the first. Direct your customers to the “Extras Gig”: Be sure to mention your “Extras Gig” deals in the gig description of the original gig.

Don’t forget to ask the questions about the particular add-ons (whether the customer wants them and about the details such as quantity or options).

The details about the add-on services can be entered, and questions for the customer in either in customized multiple choice questions or in a blank field for the customer to fill out.

Remember to arrange your options so that the most valuable services you add-on are the gig extras, (the ones you can least afford to give away, or that cost you money in advance and/or the most time to complete), and the options you know people would normally pay extra for are specifically advertised as such on your social media or website, as well. This gives you a better start on Fiverr toward establishing yourself, and draws even your clientele from other sites to buy extra services they might not have without the deal of the free service add-on options.

*** When you have a few gig sales under your belt, don’t forget to revise and edit your gig so that you can charge normally for the add-ons as gig extras, adn don’t forget to make the changes in the “Requirements” section, (where the sale is finalized and all details and stipulations exchanged) as well. UNLESS: One of these options actually turns out to work better for you by increasing your sales or simplifying/saving time. If THAT happens, please let me know, too - I’d be really happy for you and like to pass on ideas that have been implemented and to know how well they work. As for me, I incorporated my own “extra add-ons” into my gig. I am likely selling in a different market or niche than you, so it’s nice to know how things work in different markets. This applies to anyone reading this, as I hope it helps someone - please let me know how this worked for you, (your sales and customer service feedback).

Thanks!

You can also suggest to Fiverr customer support why you think there should be more available options to (fields) to give a better description to fit the add-ons you have available. I did this, and think there should be other customization options, as well.

Newbie here. I am trying to add more than 2 unique gig add-ons under the business card category. It has some pre-defined add-ons that don’t fit what I am trying to do. Am I under the wrong area?

Thanks in advance.

add-ons

Yep! Maybe or maybe not!

I cannot insist, I did understand what you mean by add-ons.

But If it is about gig extras, you need to level up for adding more 😕

add-ons

Yep! Maybe or maybe not!

I cannot insist, I did understand what you mean by add-ons.

But If it is about gig extras, you need to level up for adding more 😕

That’s true, but you can use my suggestions to incorporate them into your gig or to offer them separately and boost your sales, which will get you to the next level, (and to having more options to add gig extras) more quickly. This way, you won’t have to leave them out or compromise in the meantime. Hope it helps you!

Archived