Genuinely Confused About Bringing Traffic To Fiverr

Guest offlinehelpers

Guest offlinehelpers

Good morning all!

I am genuinely confused about sending off-Fiverr traffic to my gigs via social media etc.

I’ve setup a website with all my gigs on it etc. with no outside Fiverr links at all, my contact us page goes straight to Fiverr etc.

I asked CS if I could use it to send buyers to when they got their delivery, as has been suggested before, Nope - it’s against the ToS. Okay, so I won’t ask my buyers to visit it and keep my Fiverr traffic on Fiverr - fair enough.

If I send non-Fiverr traffic to my website which has no links outside Fiverr is that against the ToS as well? If I have social media posts about my gigs and somebody contacts me on FB for example to ask about them is that also against the ToS?

You all know I want to stick within the rules, I’m just a bit confused with how to apply them and still market outside Fiverr.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

As I know , it’s prohibited to contact outside from fiverr. You can add youtube channel link or blog page link when you send buyer requests. Fiverr will not accept other websites I hope.
You can confirm that from asking fiverr support.
Try to read more using Fiverr blog and forum.

Guest offlinehelpers

Hi,

As I know , it’s prohibited to contact outside from fiverr. You can add youtube channel link or blog page link when you send buyer requests. Fiverr will not accept other websites I hope.

You can confirm that from asking fiverr support.

Try to read more using Fiverr blog and forum.

Thank you so much for replying - I am aware of external links in profile and gig descriptions - this was something a bit different, but thanks anyway! 🙂

Thank you so much for replying - I am aware of external links in profile and gig descriptions - this was something a bit different, but thanks anyway! 🙂

The only thing I believe the TOS strictly prohibits is having buyers on the Fiverr website contact you outside of Fiverr (like by sending them your email or getting their paypal email on the website).

Fiverr traffic should not be directed outside of Fiverr.

There’s nothing wrong with promoting your gigs on any site you choose. For example, if you have it on Facebook and someone messages you there about it, it’s perfectly fine. When they want to buy something, direct them to Fiverr.

There is nothing wrong with directing non-Fiverr traffic anywhere you want 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

The only thing I believe the TOS strictly prohibits is having buyers on the Fiverr website contact you outside of Fiverr (like by sending them your email or getting their paypal email on the website).

Fiverr traffic should not be directed outside of Fiverr.

There’s nothing wrong with promoting your gigs on any site you choose. For example, if you have it on Facebook and someone messages you there about it, it’s perfectly fine. When they want to buy something, direct them to Fiverr.

There is nothing wrong with directing non-Fiverr traffic anywhere you want 🙂

Thank you very much for your advice - that’s great! 🙂

When you put up your services on Fiverr, you pay them 20% as a fee for hosting your gig and bringing in the leads, which makes the 20% worth it.

But if you are hosting your own website and you are investing your own blood and sweat to bring in the leads to your site, then getting the leads to buy via Fiverr and paying the subsequent 20% commission adds redundancy.

I guess Fiverr doesn’t mind if you promote your gigs outside of Fiverr and direct an outsider to purchase your service on Fiverr (Fiverr get’s 20% and you get a review)

The issue Fiverr has is when one tries to exchange contact details.

In conclusion; the safest way to know if you are following Fiverrs rules is to send support a message with all your questions. (And read the TOS)

Guest offlinehelpers

When you put up your services on Fiverr, you pay them 20% as a fee for hosting your gig and bringing in the leads, which makes the 20% worth it.

But if you are hosting your own website and you are investing your own blood and sweat to bring in the leads to your site, then getting the leads to buy via Fiverr and paying the subsequent 20% commission adds redundancy.

That’s a very good point @silkroute - hadn’t thought of it in those terms. Have to say I agree with you, as I have done on several of your posts over the last couple of days! 😉

Thank you very much! 🙂

Archived