What should I put in the instructions for buyer section?

comicninja49

I’m creating my first gig and I want to be thorough. My gig is for web content writing so I need the topic and I wanted to know if I should include an e-mail for them to contact me or if it’s all done through Fiverr. I already say I need a detailed description and the tone of the piece (i.e. formal, casual, instructional, etc.) As I said before it’s my first gig and I’ve never bought a service from someone else so I’m very nervous and worry that I’m not putting enough information in. Can anyone help?

Do not put an email address; its against Fiverr’s TOS. I leave my gig instructions blank so I don’t have to worry about buyers who order than disappear. I don’t recommend it for everyone. What you say in your instructions aren’t as important as what you say in your gig description. That’s where you need to be thorough. For instructions, just tell them exactly what you need from them in order for you to get started.

Don’t worry comicninja49 , you will not have the perfect message with your Gig instructions the first time around, after 2 years+ selling Gigs, I still have to review my instructions from time to time as new circumstances arise.

As musiclover says, DO NOT put any outside contact details, including URLs [-X, all goes through the system. Depending on your Gig you may need to use your Instructions space. I personally use it for most of my Gigs as it gives me more space to make things clear for my buyer. I have had so far only one instance where I didn’t get a response.

I wish you the best with your Fiverr venture comicninja49, you will find loads of help in the forum and can also buy Gigs from other sellers that will help you a lot to become profitable.

John (*)

Archived