National & U.S. Holiday effect on SALES

gina_riley2

I’m curious to know if holidays have any effects on sales.

U.S. Holidays: Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, etc.

National Holidays: Easter, Christmas, New Year, etc.

I’ve read many sellers say their sales decrease and few say it had little effect.

Guest offlinehelpers

Still recovering from all those chocolate eggs Gina!

We have a very long Easter weekend here - Good Friday through the weekend and then Easter Monday, and it’s quite a long school holiday as well.

I’m sure to a certain point they do increase.
I had some St.Patrick’s gig, Easter gigs, I had several during graduation seasons and Christmas.
I don’t think I’ve gotten any Thanksgiving stuff. I’d love to draw someone eating a big fat turkey, that
would be fun to work on.
I do remember getting a good amount of gigs for mother’s day. It’s nice to know that those moms out there are being loved 😃

Overall though, I guess it didn’t really have a huge impact on my sales, I’m much busier during non-holiday seasons.

As an editor and writer, my sales have been at their highest recently 🙂

Students are coming back from spring break, that also has something to do with it.

Does your sales decrease during summer months?

I noticed a decrease in sales of my books (fiction) during summer but steady in Fall and Spring, slightly increase during Winter.

Does your sales decrease during summer months?

I noticed a decrease in sales of my books (fiction) during summer but steady in Fall and Spring, slightly increase during Winter.

I wish I could find a pattern like that! It varies a bit every month no matter what the season is. Fiverr’s ever-changing search algorithm can be thanked for that 😉

favicon.icoFiverr Forum
63671cf5e54b43caba3cd30be5d4dc621909596a_1_690x203.png

What does you sales graph look like?

Can anybody find a pattern? ? Fiverr is pretty much unpredictable!

It depends on the services you offer.
I offer videos, so holidays (Valentine’s Day, Independence Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Halloween (not really a national holiday, but I treat it as such and New Years) I offer videos that address those holidays about a month in advance. Usually for those gigs sales spike for 2-3 weeks, then die down after the holiday at which time I remove the gig.
So keywords help me around the holidays…
My other non-video gigs, just a normal, yet unpredictable, up and down regardless of holidays.

Archived