Sellers are great and all so great! [CLOSED DUE TO OP REVISION]

Its a nice day. So happy to be a part of fiverr and I love sellers on fiverr!

Mod Note: This post has been edited by the OP with the original title and topic changed which makes the comments below seem odd.

has no way to edit reviews. BAD FEATURE of fiverr!

If I remember correctly, I had this situation few years ago, with a buyer.

He kept asking for revisions, and lot of more work which was not included in the original offer. I’ve tried to cancel, he denies and tells me he will leave a 5 stars review for my work if I deliver him the original files. He left his review with 5 stars and I’ve sent the files. After that, he came back and changed his review giving me a 1 star.

So… no thanks… revisions should not be able to be changed depending on your mood after 2 or 3 days when the order was completed. They should be definitive. Imagine if you are regular client of someone, lets say you ordered 10 times from him with excellent results, and one day you have a big discussion with him… what you do? You go back and change all 10 previous reviews?

And if you have issues with that seller, you could find another one who can also help you. The sea is full of fish!

Guest offlinehelpers

Sorry if I’m being a bit thick here, but why did you keep ordering if you weren’t happy with the price increase? Could somebody else have done the work at a lower price?

Sellers do put their prices up, but it’s not ‘bait and switch’, it’s usually just because they become more aware of the value they’re offering to their buyers.

This is why I stopped offering ebook services. I used to fix (for free) really basic spelling, grammar, and formatting errors as I was turning books into .mobi & .epub files. Then buyers would ask for a revision because they had changed their mind about chapter structure and TOC items. Then after revision 3 or 4 and a “hold on baby, you’re really getting more than $10 of work here,” I’d get:

"I DON’T UNDERSTAND! WHY OFFER TO FORMAT BOOKS FOR $10 IF YOUR ACTUAL PRICE IS REALLY $20 OR $30!!!

Authors. Mad bunch.

Possibly, you are confusing bait and switch pricing with not really understanding that your specific job requirements have gone beyond the scope of an original order?

Someone just asked me why I don’t sell everything for $5 because after all this if fiverr. It’s like asking me why I have the nerve to earn more than $100 a week.

That is not what I’m saying. I’m talking about going from $27 - $36 - $180 - $1625 when the work was getting easier. Editing for an editor gets easier as the author makes all the revisional changes, not harder. It is pure greed and bait and switch behavior that will get sellers bad reviews and blacklisted!

has no way to edit reviews. BAD FEATURE of fiverr!

If I remember correctly, I had this situation few years ago, with a buyer.

He kept asking for revisions, and lot of more work which was not included in the original offer. I’ve tried to cancel, he denies and tells me he will leave a 5 stars review for my work if I deliver him the original files. He left his review with 5 stars and I’ve sent the files. After that, he came back and changed his review giving me a 1 star.

So… no thanks… revisions should not be able to be changed depending on your mood after 2 or 3 days when the order was completed. They should be definitive. Imagine if you are regular client of someone, lets say you ordered 10 times from him with excellent results, and one day you have a big discussion with him… what you do? You go back and change all 10 previous reviews?

And if you have issues with that seller, you could find another one who can also help you. The sea is full of fish!

That is not the situation. It went from $27 - $36 -$90 -$180 and then a big jump to help polish up the last of all the revisions I painstakingly made from the editors suggestions to a whopping $1625 for the same services that she did in the beginning!

That is not what I’m saying. I’m talking about going from $27 - $36 - $180 - $1625 when the work was getting easier. Editing for an editor gets easier as the author makes all the revisional changes, not harder. It is pure greed and bait and switch behavior that will get sellers bad reviews and blacklisted!

Raising one’s prices is not illegal. You have the choice to pay what they are asking, or find someone else who charges less. The decision is always yours.

Editing for an editor gets easier as the author makes all the revisional changes,

• Only if the author isn’t making a hash of the changes which have been suggested.

However, if your seller’s prices really did escalate to $1625, why didn’t you say, “Err, thanks but I’ll find someone a little cheaper.”

I’m an author and that figure would do me nicely for editing, proofing, cover creation, and a pretty spectacular marketing campaign. - Hope you make it back in sales. (Sincerely btw).

That is not the situation. It went from $27 - $36 -$90 -$180 and then a big jump to help polish up the last of all the revisions I painstakingly made from the editors suggestions to a whopping $1625 for the same services that she did in the beginning!

If you agreed to go on paying her, it seems to me that you were happy with her work.

If she increases her prices you are always in the position to:

• Negotiate the price, to get one that fits your requirements
  • Say “no thanks” and look for another seller

I don’t understand your position, you are the one who has the power to choose with whom you want to work.

And I may repeat: No thanks… reviews should not be able to be changed!

@Marla_Stone appears to have deleted her Fiverr account, and no longer has an active forum account. It would appear that she didn’t like hearing our input (or, perhaps, the truth), and decided to leave Fiverr instead. Alas, it does not appear as though she will responding in this thread any longer.

Guest offlinehelpers

@Marla_Stone appears to have deleted her Fiverr account, and no longer has an active forum account. It would appear that she didn’t like hearing our input (or, perhaps, the truth), and decided to leave Fiverr instead. Alas, it does not appear as though she will responding in this thread any longer.

But the account she posted with first ideallifestyle is still active, both on Fiverr and the forum.

But the account she posted with first ideallifestyle is still active, both on Fiverr and the forum.

Ah… so he/she has multiple Fiverr accounts?

She really didn’t read the TOS or how Fiverr works. Using a second account to complain on the forums isn’t the wisest of choices.

Ah… so he/she has multiple Fiverr accounts?

She really didn’t read the TOS or how Fiverr works. Using a second account to complain on the forums isn’t the wisest of choices.

I even didn’t realize she was answering me with another username 😟

I would raise the price above $1000 only if the buyer was one I hoped to not deal with again. I also don’t like to deal with buyers with more than one account. It’s puzzling when someone responds to posts in their thread with a different account.
As a professional organizer it couldn’t have been done by mistake.

Guest offlinehelpers

The Fiverr Forums are for both Buyers and Sellers.

But I can understand your current distaste towards sellers.

Hopefully you do not put all of us in the same category.

Original post edited and gone! Such a shame, as we’re all buyers as well as sellers.

@ideallifestyle Although your original post did get some tough critique from others, you were hearing from people who were regular users. Some sellers only and some who were buyers and sellers. Of course, the longer a post stays up, the more likely you will see additional views added since the global forum is seen in many different time zones.

I wish you hadn’t felt it necessary to edit your original post and I understand that you probably felt odd about the posts under another account. Even so, I think if you read these replies carefully, there is genuinely some very good advice in there.

I would try to add something helpful, but with the original post having changed, it’s kind of a moot point now. Since this thread makes less sense now, the moderation team can just close it. I do hope that a re-read of the replies might give you some perspective or help other buyers and sellers with these type of issues. Good luck with your work!

Archived