The Secret to Making it Big on Fiverr!

keithhvoice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is by no means a weakness of mine, but, if there were a Fiverr class titled, “The Secret to Making it Big on Fiverr”, I think the #1 lesson would be: “Work hard. YOU are in control of your own sales and success. Don’t expect Fiverr to do the work for you.”

I’m fairly certain many other sellers would agree with me.

This is by no means a weakness of mine, but, if there were a Fiverr class titled, “The Secret to Making it Big on Fiverr”, I think the #1 lesson would be: “Work hard. YOU are in control of your own sales and success. Don’t expect Fiverr to do the work for you.”

Totally agree and well said!!

Not my weakness and similar to Jon’s, one that seems to be exceptionally common - Waiting for Fiverr to deliver orders to sellers instead of proactively seeking out work. Beyond the BR section and spamming their friends on social media, it seems many sellers don’t do any promotion of their services.

Not my weakness and similar to Jon’s, one that seems to be exceptionally common - Waiting for Fiverr to deliver orders to sellers instead of proactively seeking out work. Beyond the BR section and spamming their friends on social media, it seems many sellers don’t do any promotion of their services.

spamming their friends on social media, it seems many sellers don’t do any promotion of their services

I’m interested to find out what promotion people can do for their gigs besides these two. I have purposely never posted any of my gigs to my social media accounts because I just don’t feel like I want to bug my friends and family by offering them things that they don’t have money for, or don’t need just to support me.

Literally what other types of promotion are there? A blog maybe?

spamming their friends on social media, it seems many sellers don’t do any promotion of their services

I’m interested to find out what promotion people can do for their gigs besides these two. I have purposely never posted any of my gigs to my social media accounts because I just don’t feel like I want to bug my friends and family by offering them things that they don’t have money for, or don’t need just to support me.

The best post on social media on Fiverr: How I use Social Media to Market my Fiverr Gigs [ARCHIVED]

And one of my own - a comment So, how did you find your sellers on Fiverr?

Will be putting up a marketing tips post in the next few days as that is what most people want to hear about/improve on

The fact is, people want what you’re selling. Almost no matter what it is - even if it’s making videos of you eating mayonnaise - and they’re searching for it. You can buy ads on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., and it’s surely a way to get traffic, but the most effective marketing you can do that compels viewers to become buyers is to create content regarding the thing they want. Make videos, write blogs, create tutorials, anything that addresses their needs and the reason they would want your service. It’s genuinely difficult to get inside the head of your buyers when you’re accustomed to being the seller, but understanding and capturing the buyer’s perspective is what will close the deal every time. If you create something on the Internet and do it over and over again for weeks to months on end, you will establish the Internet presence you require to attract clients and build a revenue.

Don’t believe me? I’m #2 on Google for my key words:

Screenshot_2017_04_18_at_19_38_15.png.ad67a4209824055aaf612b7e0ad209e4.png

bb code img

The fact is, people want what you’re selling. Almost no matter what it is - even if it’s making videos of you eating mayonnaise - and they’re searching for it. You can buy ads on Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., and it’s surely a way to get traffic, but the most effective marketing you can do that compels viewers to become buyers is to create content regarding the thing they want. Make videos, write blogs, create tutorials, anything that addresses their needs and the reason they would want your service. It’s genuinely difficult to get inside the head of your buyers when you’re accustomed to being the seller, but understanding and capturing the buyer’s perspective is what will close the deal every time. If you create something on the Internet and do it over and over again for weeks to months on end, you will establish the Internet presence you require to attract clients and build a revenue.

Don’t believe me? I’m #2 on Google for my key words:

Screenshot_2017_04_18_at_19_38_15

bb code img

Just to confirm what James is saying, being a couple of thousand miles away in Ireland, he is also number 2 for me with the same keywords.

Yeah, the Satanic dude is the smartest person on Fiverr 😏

Success for breakfast, coffee for lunch and a small dinner. Thats what it takes guys.

Couldn’t think of a way of saying that your statement says more about the rest of us than it does about James without sounding like I was insulting James, and not so much the rest of us…

giphy.gif

By the way James, the only thing I really care about regarding the future and asked you about - PM Modi’s future in India…he has been doing well, thank you very much…won a major election which was practically a referendum on his administration…now hoping for the best for 2019 general elections…will be a make or break time for India, not necessarily for PM Modi. The guy will move on, he has already achieved great success, but for India, it is critical that he stays in power for 2 terms or 10 years.

Success for breakfast, coffee for lunch and a small dinner. Thats what it takes guys.

Couldn’t think of a way of saying that your statement says more about the rest of us than it does about James without sounding like I was insulting James, and not so much the rest of us…

You have to appreciate how I converted even this thread into PM Modi thread…that’s true genius. 😎

By the way James, the only thing I really care about regarding the future and asked you about - PM Modi’s future in India…he has been doing well, thank you very much…won a major election which was practically a referendum on his administration…now hoping for the best for 2019 general elections…will be a make or break time for India, not necessarily for PM Modi. The guy will move on, he has already achieved great success, but for India, it is critical that he stays in power for 2 terms or 10 years.

Yeah, I heard a little while ago that he was cleaning up hidden money that people were keeping out of the banks and removed from circulation. The story I heard is that while a lot of people don’t particularly like his decision, they understand why he’s doing it and recognize that it’s necessary for the Indian economy to improve - which, if I remember correctly, is one of the reasons why he was elected.

You have to appreciate how I converted even this thread into PM Modi thread…that’s true genius. 😎

Genius/Obsession - its a fine line (that you crossed a long time ago and can barely see in the distance).

If I were him and saw how much you write about “me”, I would make sure to lock my doors at night and definitely have other people open my post…

Yeah, I heard a little while ago that he was cleaning up hidden money that people were keeping out of the banks and removed from circulation. The story I heard is that while a lot of people don’t particularly like his decision, they understand why he’s doing it and recognize that it’s necessary for the Indian economy to improve - which, if I remember correctly, is one of the reasons why he was elected.

Yes, he is anti-establishment, anti-elite, pro-people like Donald Trump was supposed to be, but a lot smarter, and much more controlled. Doesn’t speak nonsense like Trump and is a very stable person.

Genius/Obsession - its a fine line (that you crossed a long time ago and can barely see in the distance).

If I were him and saw how much you write about “me”, I would make sure to lock my doors at night and definitely have other people open my post…

LOL…if you come to India, you will seen that there are 1.25 billion people obsessed with PM Modi, about 900 million worship him and the rest hate him…90% of the talk in the media is about him, everything here revolves around him…I have seen many Prime Ministers in my time, but none that had this sort of following and inspired such hero worship.

LOL…if you come to India, you will seen that there are 1.25 billion people obsessed with PM Modi, about 900 million worship him and the rest hate him…90% of the talk in the media is about him, everything here revolves around him…I have seen many Prime Ministers in my time, but none that had this sort of following and inspired such hero worship.

I hate it when you do that! You say something innocuous which draws me to reply and then suddenly there are 5 comments which are completely off-topic and that I am complicit in! STOP DOING THAT!

Let’s get back to topic 😃

I hate it when you do that! You say something innocuous which draws me to reply and then suddenly there are 5 comments which are completely off-topic and that I am complicit in! STOP DOING THAT!

Let’s get back to topic 😃 [Anyway, I’m out, got a lot of work to do]

I’ve never felt in control of my sales. I can control the gig title, description, extras, delivery time, quality of the work, etc, but the sales either happen or don’t happen. To me it’s a crapshoot like advertising, you spent $5 a day on a Facebook ad and then you either get the clicks, likes, and shares, or you get nothing.

Sometimes buyers tell you why they order, which is helpful information. But most don’t tell you why they didn’t order, so I have no way of knowing.

One important secret I’ve learned is not to get angry with potential buyers. Whenever I can, I respond with a custom offer.

One question, do you turn on your live portfolio? Can it help you or harm you?

I’ve never felt in control of my sales. I can control the gig title, description, extras, delivery time, quality of the work, etc, but the sales either happen or don’t happen. To me it’s a crapshoot like advertising, you spent $5 a day on a Facebook ad and then you either get the clicks, likes, and shares, or you get nothing.

Sometimes buyers tell you why they order, which is helpful information. But most don’t tell you why they didn’t order, so I have no way of knowing.

One important secret I’ve learned is not to get angry with potential buyers. Whenever I can, I respond with a custom offer.

One question, do you turn on your live portfolio? Can it help you or harm you?

Random advertising is rarely effective. You need to go for the targeted advertising that connects directly with your market. In my experience, Facebook ads are very effective when targeted.

Why not make one of your order questions be something like: “How did you find out about my services?”

If you get enough answers from your clients, you’ll have a wealth of data to use when figuring out how best to improve your current marketing efforts. 😉

As far as my use of the live portfolio feature, yes, I have it turned on. It works well in my logo design gig. Featuring past designs is a great Fiverr display feature.

If you’re a good designer it can only improve your reputation and gig sales. If, however, you don’t know how to design great logos, it could sink your gig like a stone. I have nearly two decades of design experience, so, for me, it has helped immensely.

I just don’t feel like I want to bug my friends and family by offering them things that they don’t have money for, or don’t need just to support me.

100% agreed. I feel as if it’s really tricky to promote a gig.

Random advertising is rarely effective. You need to go for the targeted advertising that connects directly with your market. In my experience, Facebook ads are very effective when targeted.

Why not make one of your order questions be something like: “How did you find out about my services?”

If you get enough answers from your clients, you’ll have a wealth of data to use when figuring out how best to improve your current marketing efforts. 😉

As far as my use of the live portfolio feature, yes, I have it turned on. It works well in my logo design gig. Featuring past designs is a great Fiverr display feature.

If you’re a good designer it can only improve your reputation and gig sales. If, however, you don’t know how to design great logos, it could sink your gig like a stone. I have nearly two decades of design experience, so, for me, it has helped immensely.

I’ve never been able to identify my market on Facebook. I suppose I could choose small business owners, but most of them don’t advertise nor need help with their advertising.

I like your idea about the post order survey. Maybe I could do that with the people who review me. The ones that don’t review me I’m not sure. I fear encouraging a review I don’t want.

Archived