Curious - Excitement - Ecstatic - Concern - Frustrated - Depressed

johnnyfevur

My Fiverr experience is summed up in those 6 words in that order. I was curious when a friend shared with me his experience buying services on Fiverr and he thought I should try selling services in the area of adding people onto Spotify playlists. So I did this and surprisingly got steady purchases every day if not every other day for a little over a month. It was awesome! I was so excited each time I got an order. It was really a fun experience. I hadn’t made any money online since I think 2009-2010 where I made money with blog posts and made $200 in 2 months and then the website changed their format and made it super hard to make money and that was the end of that. I work two jobs as it is to make ends meet and I’ve always dreamed of being able to make money online and hoped to someday replace that 2nd job with steady online income.

For some reason I thought this experience would last longer than the blog posting and link sharing I was doing in the past but after a little over a month, I noticed my gig would stop showing up sometimes for several days in the search and then a week went by with no purchases and I started getting anxious. So then I decided to add more to my gig, you know, expand with the packages. Once I did that, bam, my Gig was taken down for a Third Party complaint or violation or something like that. I didn’t get it because what about all the other Spotify Gigs that are just like mine! Some even violate the “no selling followers” TOS of Fiverr. So I figured it must have been a user reporting me that didn’t want me getting his or her piece of the pie. I don’t know if this is true or not. Or maybe it was one of the last purchases I got where the guy gave me a less than stellar review. I didn’t know who was at fault, but I certainly did not understand and still don’t understand.

Fiverr has a page when you search google that is a landing page for buying spotify plays,

https://www.fiverr.com/gigs/spotify

Yet it has blocked probably my last 5 or 6 attempts to get my Spotify gig back up stating a third party complaint. Finally, my super vague “add you to my playlist” where I don’t mention Spotify or have the Spotify logo anywhere is fine and not taken down. I’m just so frustrated at this point because there are Spotify gigs out there and new ones being made but I can’t get one to stay up until I make it so vague that it’s almost guaranteed to get no sales. What is going on? I will keep trying simply becuase it must be okay to have these Gigs up if other fiverr sellers have them up. I just feel almost singled out or something. I want to be successful so bad on fiverr because I got a taste of the possibilities and now nothing. Depressing. I’m trying to branch out away from this Spotify gig, but I just had my recent attempt of selling Comments taken down and I didn’t mention any company nor did I use anyone’s logo. So what’s that about? Was I so vague that every website on the internet threw up the red flag?

My Fiverr experience is summed up in those 6 words in that order. I was curious when a friend shared with me his experience buying services on Fiverr and he thought I should try selling services in the area of adding people onto Spotify playlists. So I did this and surprisingly got steady purchases every day if not every other day for a little over a month. It was awesome! I was so excited each time I got an order. It was really a fun experience. I hadn’t made any money online since I think 2009-2010 where I made money with blog posts and made $200 in 2 months and then the website changed their format and made it super hard to make money and that was the end of that. I work two jobs as it is to make ends meet and I’ve always dreamed of being able to make money online and hoped to someday replace that 2nd job with steady online income.

For some reason I thought this experience would last longer than the blog posting and link sharing I was doing in the past but after a little over a month, I noticed my gig would stop showing up sometimes for several days in the search and then a week went by with no purchases and I started getting anxious. So then I decided to add more to my gig, you know, expand with the packages. Once I did that, bam, my Gig was taken down for a Third Party complaint or violation or something like that. I didn’t get it because what about all the other Spotify Gigs that are just like mine! Some even violate the “no selling followers” TOS of Fiverr. So I figured it must have been a user reporting me that didn’t want me getting his or her piece of the pie. I don’t know if this is true or not. Or maybe it was one of the last purchases I got where the guy gave me a less than stellar review. I didn’t know who was at fault, but I certainly did not understand and still don’t understand.

Fiverr has a page when you search google that is a landing page for buying spotify plays,

https://www.fiverr.com/gigs/spotify

Yet it has blocked probably my last 5 or 6 attempts to get my Spotify gig back up stating a third party complaint. Finally, my super vague “add you to my playlist” where I don’t mention Spotify or have the Spotify logo anywhere is fine and not taken down. I’m just so frustrated at this point because there are Spotify gigs out there and new ones being made but I can’t get one to stay up until I make it so vague that it’s almost guaranteed to get no sales. What is going on? I will keep trying simply becuase it must be okay to have these Gigs up if other fiverr sellers have them up. I just feel almost singled out or something. I want to be successful so bad on fiverr because I got a taste of the possibilities and now nothing. Depressing. I’m trying to branch out away from this Spotify gig, but I just had my recent attempt of selling Comments taken down and I didn’t mention any company nor did I use anyone’s logo. So what’s that about? Was I so vague that every website on the internet threw up the red flag?

So then I decided to add more to my gig, you know, expand with the packages.

… and there was the “mistake”.

When updating your “old” Gig, it came to the attention of the new policy (3rd party violation), and got banned. If you still see Gigs offering “Spotify” services is because they haven’t updated their Gigs and are still under the old policy.

I would suggest for you to get in touch with customer support just to get clarification.

I’ve tried to get clarification multiple times…it’s just the same cookie cutter answer unfortunately to the point that I even asked if it was a bot that was responding to me, but I guess that is just how support works.

So then I decided to add more to my gig, you know, expand with the packages.

… and there was the “mistake”.

When updating your “old” Gig, it came to the attention of the new policy (3rd party violation), and got banned. If you still see Gigs offering “Spotify” services is because they haven’t updated their Gigs and are still under the old policy.

Your explanation makes the most sense out of anybody or any support answer I have received. I’m not sure that it is totally true because I swear I have seen new gigs created in the time after mine got removed, but I can’t be sure and have no way to see when a gig was created or modified, but I look at other spotify gigs out there a lot and I see new ones pop up but I guess they could have been old and just not always showing up in search. I even talked to some other users that said they just had to keep trying and changing the wording until their Spotify Gigs were finally accepted. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I wish it were more cut and dry. I just hate to give up the only gig that has made me any money and it was easy. 🙂 But I am trying to move on and think about what other gigs I can make that are perhaps more legit…

• 6 months later...

Your explanation makes the most sense out of anybody or any support answer I have received. I’m not sure that it is totally true because I swear I have seen new gigs created in the time after mine got removed, but I can’t be sure and have no way to see when a gig was created or modified, but I look at other spotify gigs out there a lot and I see new ones pop up but I guess they could have been old and just not always showing up in search. I even talked to some other users that said they just had to keep trying and changing the wording until their Spotify Gigs were finally accepted. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I wish it were more cut and dry. I just hate to give up the only gig that has made me any money and it was easy. 🙂 But I am trying to move on and think about what other gigs I can make that are perhaps more legit…

I am experiencing the same thing! I have tried several times re-wording my gigs no to use “Spotify” and they still get taken down. And you are right, support only gives the same check the TOS BS. Frustrated!!

Archived