Buyer Place an order but yet not started

anjum_saba

Hi there,
About 5 hours ago a buyer send me to msg and asked for a demo. I sent him it as his requirement. He was pleased to see it and place an order. The problem is he yet not submit the requirements so the order can’t be started. I asked him to submit the requirements but he didn’t response.

Now what should I do? Do I start to work for him or wait for his requirements?
Please some one help me out.

Regards
Saba

Guest offlinehelpers

Wait until the buyer submits his requirements before you start.

If he gets back to you and says ‘it’s in the message’, please ask him to repeat the information you need on the order page - it makes life an awful lot easier if things go wrong to have everything in the one place.

Don’t annoy the buyer by asking on several occasions, just wait until it’s sent through. I hope it all goes well for you!

Hello Saba,

to echo offlinehelpers, as she replied while I am still typing, I´d wait as well, as you already asked him, now it´s his move.

Just wanted to add that you maybe better not use that ‘Nudge Buyer’ button, as a few sellers, myself included, lately had the problem that, when they pushed the button to remind the buyer to send the requirements, that caused the order to start right away, without the buyer submitting the requirements or even being online.

(I reported it to Customer Support, they told me they are aware of the bug and working on it.)

The number of days before the order will be due delivery should determine if you should panic or not to panic. Moreover, you also need to check when last the buyer was seen online, so as to ascertain if he/she deliberately fails to provide you with the requirements, so as to make it impossible to deliver on time. Should that be the case, I will just advice that you initiate a cancellation noting that the buyer failed to provide you with the order requirements. Alternatively, you could still deliver something similar to the sample you initially supplied him, and leave a message asking him to ask for a modification and send along the requirements. Some buyers could so frustrate you, but what options have we got as sellers other than to please them always?

Guest offlinehelpers

The number of days before the order will be due delivery should determine if you should panic or not to panic. Moreover, you also need to check when last the buyer was seen online, so as to ascertain if he/she deliberately fails to provide you with the requirements, so as to make it impossible to deliver on time. Should that be the case, I will just advice that you initiate a cancellation noting that the buyer failed to provide you with the order requirements. Alternatively, you could still deliver something similar to the sample you initially supplied him, and leave a message asking him to ask for a modification and send along the requirements. Some buyers could so frustrate you, but what options have we got as sellers other than to please them always?

Please don’t panic the OP by posting this - the order clock doesn’t start until the requirements have been given, so there’s no danger of the order going late, deliberately or not. (except in the case of the bug mentioned by @miiila above)

The buyer could be offline for any number of reasons - sleep, travel etc. They may in fact have their app active, which will show them as being online, even if they are sleeping etc.

There’s no point in delivering anything to the buyer until the order is started when the seller receives their requirements.

Please don’t panic the OP by posting this - the order clock doesn’t start until the requirements have been given, so there’s no danger of the order going late, deliberately or not. (except in the case of the bug mentioned by @miiila above)

The buyer could be offline for any number of reasons - sleep, travel etc. They may in fact have their app active, which will show them as being online, even if they are sleeping etc.

There’s no point in delivering anything to the buyer until the order is started when the seller receives their requirements.

Thank you for your nice articulated point and I quite agree with you to a large extent. However, I made my submission factoring in the fact that in setting up an order requirement, the seller has the option of making it either mandatory or optional, and I had errorneuslly concluded that an optional order requirement could allow for a clean order to be made and an order requirement now being requested via message or order page. I now accept that I could be very wrong with such an assumption. Thank you once again.

Wait until the buyer submits his requirements before you start.

If he gets back to you and says ‘it’s in the message’, please ask him to repeat the information you need on the order page - it makes life an awful lot easier if things go wrong to have everything in the one place.

Don’t annoy the buyer by asking on several occasions, just wait until it’s sent through. I hope it all goes well for you!

The problem is order’s count down is not started the lack of the requirements. What should I do? Is the order placed by buyer? is there anything wrong with my profile if I don’t submit the order?

I am so confused. 😕

Guest offlinehelpers

Thank you for your nice articulated point and I quite agree with you to a large extent. However, I made my submission factoring in the fact that in setting up an order requirement, the seller has the option of making it either mandatory or optional, and I had errorneuslly concluded that an optional order requirement could allow for a clean order to be made and an order requirement now being requested via message or order page. I now accept that I could be very wrong with such an assumption. Thank you once again.

Not a problem - thank you! 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

The problem is order’s count down is not started the lack of the requirements. What should I do? Is the order placed by buyer? is there anything wrong with my profile if I don’t submit the order?

I am so confused. 😕

Try reading @miiila and my posts again please - you don’t have to do anything until you receive your requirements from the buyer - just sit back and relax until it comes through.

You haven’t done anything wrong, and it won’t affect your profile etc.! 🙂

Archived