It is important to read, read, read

dfenty

Hi,

This cannot be stressed enough and it probably goes without saying but given sellers encounter this situation so often I feel the need to stress it once more.

Please read the gig description and once you’ve finished reading, read it again. If there is something you’re unsure about, don’t just place an order thinking it will all work out; there is a chat system, chat with the seller about your needs.

I have my gig requirements in three places: the gig description, the FAQ and a mandatory gig requirement header, yet this seems to be ignored and buyers still place an order without the proper materials. This leads to orders that take longer than they should, a frustration between seller and buyer as you now have to look for the proper materials and even a dent in what could’ve been a good business relationship.

As sellers, we appreciate your patronage but please, read the information the seller has taken the time to write, it is for your benefit and for ours.

dFenty

Hi,

This cannot be stressed enough and it probably goes without saying but given sellers encounter this situation so often I feel the need to stress it once more.

Please read the gig description and once you’ve finished reading, read it again. If there is something you’re unsure about, don’t just place an order thinking it will all work out; there is a chat system, chat with the seller about your needs.

I have my gig requirements in three places: the gig description, the FAQ and a mandatory gig requirement header, yet this seems to be ignored and buyers still place an order without the proper materials. This leads to orders that take longer than they should, a frustration between seller and buyer as you now have to look for the proper materials and even a dent in what could’ve been a good business relationship.

As sellers, we appreciate your patronage but please, read the information the seller has taken the time to write, it is for your benefit and for ours.

dFenty

If they don’t have time/knowledge/common sense to read the descriptions,

I am pretty much positive they’re nowhere near the forum too 😛

If they don’t have time/knowledge/common sense to read the descriptions,

I am pretty much positive they’re nowhere near the forum too 😛

I agree 100%. People that take the time to read forum do it right.

Buyers that do theses things have never read forum but will be here if the order doesn’t complete properly to complain. 😉

Although this is true, it is true to a degree. As you mentioned, some buyers come to complain and in fact, many buyers complain here on the forums, these are the ones this post may assist, by providing a helpful reminder.

My “Resolve Now” hand is strong. I’ve got the FAQ posted, I’ve got a detailed gig description, I’ve got separate business policies, I’ve got mandatory requirements the buyer has to submit, and I’ve even got a notice in the requirements that new buyers should read my FAQ and business policy.

And I still get orders from buyers who clearly didn’t read those things or do what I said to go and read those things.

In these cases I immediately the “Resolve Now” button to reject the order and send it back to the buyer. Either they play ball according to my rules, or they play ball with somebody else.

My “Resolve Now” hand is strong. I’ve got the FAQ posted, I’ve got a detailed gig description, I’ve got separate business policies, I’ve got mandatory requirements the buyer has to submit, and I’ve even got a notice in the requirements that new buyers should read my FAQ and business policy.

And I still get orders from buyers who clearly didn’t read those things or do what I said to go and read those things.

In these cases I immediately the “Resolve Now” button to reject the order and send it back to the buyer. Either they play ball according to my rules, or they play ball with somebody else.

Wondering what’s your cancellation rate at atm?

Wondering what’s your cancellation rate at atm?

For calendar year 2017, going by the dollar value of cancellations versus dollar value of completed orders, I’m slightly over 3%. For the past month, 1%. Over the past year, there are only three reasons that an order gets cancelled:

1. The buyer ordered by mistake (and usually cancels through Customer Support)

2. The buyer requested work that I don’t offer.

3. The buyer did a charge-back on PayPal.

Otherwise, I follow the first rule of acquisition: Once you have your customers’ money, never give it back.

For calendar year 2017, going by the dollar value of cancellations versus dollar value of completed orders, I’m slightly over 3%. For the past month, 1%. Over the past year, there are only three reasons that an order gets cancelled:

1. The buyer ordered by mistake (and usually cancels through Customer Support)

2. The buyer requested work that I don’t offer.

3. The buyer did a charge-back on PayPal.

Otherwise, I follow the first rule of acquisition: Once you have your customers’ money, never give it back.

Well that’s a normal cancel rate.

So looks like taking on a bully or an ignorant is working out just fine fer ya. 👍

Archived