How do you deal with abusive clients? Need some tips, please

rubiabel1

Hello everyone,

This week I had a problem with two buyers and I don’t know how to deal with it. I have to say that I have been on this platform for a long time and most of buyers that I have came across are pretty professional and fair, but sometimes the exceptions emerged, I guess. Well, these buyers required two projects, I finished them with zero mistakes and delivered them on time.

The clients required a revision, which I offer for free as I want to make sure that my final delivery is extremely professional. Besides, clients have right to get the professional service that they pay for, of course. I have to say that I don’t have a single bad review. In fact, I have a four start review and more than 400 five star reviews.

My surprise came when I check the revision and what they really wanted were extra tasks that nothing had to do with my delivered project. I opened disputes and they refused my disputes saying there were not willing to pay more, just like that!!

I contacted the “help center” and they were sooooo helpful that they basically told me that couldn’t do anything and that the client has pointed out that there were mistakes. Well, the client did not point out that there were mistakes and its obvious that the “help center” cannot read in other language but English. Otherwise, they will realise that they were wrong.

So, eventually I had to work FOR FREE THREE MORE DAYS TO FULFILL EXTRA TASKS as Fiverr has failed to protect me from abusive buyers.

I perfectly aware that most of buyers are fine and that, on many occasions they are right when complaining for not being satisfate with an order. However, I think that Fiverr has to do something about this kind of abusive behaviour. Otherwise, this platform is risking to lose many sellers and a lot money as now I have not been able to charge for three days of work, for instance.

Someone else has been in this situation? How have you dealt with it?

Kind regards and thanks to all,

Miriam

same thing happens to me as well. Once I worked for Pakistan guy and I worked for him 2 days to finalised his work only for 5 bucks. I work very hard on that order and wanted to satisfy the buyer. end of the order he Place me Really Impressive Comments “Wow. Really Amazing Designer, I will definitely come back to him” With 3 Stars. 😮

same thing happens to me as well. Once I worked for Pakistan guy and I worked for him 2 days to finalised his work only for 5 bucks. I work very hard on that order and wanted to satisfy the buyer. end of the order he Place me Really Impressive Comments “Wow. Really Amazing Designer, I will definitely come back to him” With 3 Stars. 😮

Once I came across someone difficult and I canceled the order as I thought it was not worth for 5 bucks. But the problem here is that they were long projects that took me around two weeks to finish after working around eight hours a day. I delivered them on time and with zero mistakes and I am not willing to throw away all that hard work and time. On the top of that, when I asked the clients if they have found mistakes or something that did not cover my gig’s description, they say that my job was perfect. I don’t understand this kind of behaviour, but I am specially upset with the zero help offered by the resolution center. I think that they should check the communication between buyers and sellers properly and stop this kind of abusive behaviour from both, some sellers and some buyers. At the end of the day, failing to tackle this behaviour is negative for all of us as it generates a lack of trust among the users, which can lead to many people abandoning this platform.

You should have let him know that the work requested wasn’t a revision. Once you do that, you could send him a custom offer.

I am not sure if you specify revisions in your gig description or your buyer requirements. I have added and extra paragraph about revisions, now I don’t have any issues anymore.

Edit to add: In a case like that you can contact customer support to let them know your buyer is requesting additional work and is refusing to pay for it.

You should have let him know that the work requested wasn’t a revision. Once you do that, you could send him a custom offer.

I am not sure if you specify revisions in your gig description or your buyer requirements. I have added and extra paragraph about revisions, now I don’t have any issues anymore.

Edit to add: In a case like that you can contact customer support to let them know your buyer is requesting additional work and is refusing to pay for it.

Yes we can put paragraphs about such things. but as a newbies we cant put so many restrictions. then there will ignore us. we wouldn’t be able to list our gigs .

Yes we can put paragraphs about such things. but as a newbies we cant put so many restrictions. then there will ignore us. we wouldn’t be able to list our gigs .

Make it part of your buyer requirements. That way the order is already placed.

Hi,

I let him know that… and I even opened a dispute and added an extra customized offer but they told me that they did not want to pay more. I contacted customer support and let them know that my buyer was requesting additional work and was refusing to pay for it. NO HELP AT ALL!!! Eventually, I had to do more work for free.

And yes… I specify that I offer 1 revision over the job delivery. They just wanted extra work for free.

Hi,

I let him know that… and I even opened a dispute and added an extra customized offer but they told me that they did not want to pay more. I contacted customer support and let them know that my buyer was requesting additional work and was refusing to pay for it. NO HELP AT ALL!!! Eventually, I had to do more work for free.

It’s up to you to decide how far you are willing to go.

Not knowing the details of the order, it’s hard for me to judge what happened.

I would redeliver the file and would let the buyer know it wasn’t part of the gig description.

Make sure to add a paragraph to your buyer requirements clarifying what’s covered in a revision.

Always work on custom Gig to work with abusive Buyers. Specify the term and conditions while taking order.

Hi,

I did so… I specified them what was included. One of them, even asked me for a revision of my translation and when I opened the task I realized that the parts that he wanted to revise were translated for someone else. I let him know and he told me that he didn’t know what I was talking about. Fortunately, in five years I only have came across people like this two or three times and I know that they are a minority.

Hi,

I did so… I specified them what was included. One of them, even asked me for a revision of my translation and when I opened the task I realized that the parts that he wanted to revise were translated for someone else. I let him know and he told me that he didn’t know what I was talking about. Fortunately, in five years I only have came across people like this two or three times and I know that they are a minority.

Did you specify on what situation the buyer will rate negative or cancel order?

It’s up to you to decide how far you are willing to go.

Not knowing the details of the order, it’s hard for me to judge what happened.

I would redeliver the file and would let the buyer know it wasn’t part of the gig description.

Make sure to add a paragraph to your buyer requirements clarifying what’s covered in a revision.

My hands are tidied up as I feel that I am completely unprotected from this kind of abusive people. After leaving a clear description, specify what it was included, opening a dispute, sending extra customized offer and contacting with the resolution and help centers, I did not have any other way out but working for free to avoid negative feedbacks for a job that was perfect.

My hands are tidied up as I feel that I am completely unprotected from this kind of abusive people. After leaving a clear description, specify what it was included, opening a dispute, sending extra customized offer and contacting with the resolution and help centers, I did not have any other way out but working for free to avoid negative feedbacks for a job that was perfect.

I am sorry, unfortunately this can happen. I wish CS would take actions in cases like these.

Still, don’t feel obligated to work with abusive buyers who take advantage of people. Sometimes it hurts to cancel an order but noone deserves to be treated like that.

I am sorry, unfortunately this can happen. I wish CS would take actions in cases like these.

Still, don’t feel obligated to work with abusive buyers who take advantage of people. Sometimes it hurts to cancel an order but noone deserves to be treated like that.

I thought about the possibility of cancelling but, as I mentioned before, there were long projects. I was working on one of them for five entire days and on the other for 12 days. Each day, I dedicated 8-10 hours to the projects. Even, a few days I was translating until 2 o’clok at night. After all that work and spending, I did not feel like cancelling. It’s just unfair.

• Lena locked this topic

Archived