Saying hi (and video intro question)

New to Fiverr (hello from Phoenix Arizona) - joined about a week ago, bought from a couple of sellers. Have some gigs of my own but no offers yet.

As you can tell by my name, i’m a huge Muppet/Jim Henson fan. Also love 80s music/new wave, Twin Peaks, Laugh-In, Riverdale/Archie comics, and slapstick humor (pies in the face have a tendency to be a trademark of mine - everything’s better with pie!) Writing and commenting on pop culture also a love of mine.

I’m thinking of using some video intros to help promote some of my gigs (either filming some myself or hiring some other actors via fiverr gigs to tape one.) and i have some very strong ideas for the scripts but am wondering - is there a time limit on the intro videos? Hate to go through all the trouble of putting one together just to find it’s too long for fiverr to accept.

Welcome to Fiverr!

To promote your own videos it’s better you appear on them! It gives you somehow much better results as just uploading some info videos (personal experience!)

Good luck and work hard!

I politely disagree. It will depend on the type of service you want to offer. Some gigs are better of without a video, others might hire a voice over artists for their videos, especially if they are not fluent in English. Tons of successful sellers have videos in which they don’t appear in.

You decide what works best for the service you have to offer.

About the gig videos - the text Fiverr shows for gigs that are missing videos and that require them says “The most successful videos contain your “value prop” messaging and actual samples of your work. Do not simply post a prior delivery without context.”

Obviously you are not allowed to use “Copyright protected materials” - as stated in the link about adding videos, but the message above seems to want actual samples of your work (Fiverr work I assume), yet the copyright to the work that was done belongs exclusively to the buyer the video was created for. So surely it would be against copyright law to include samples of videos done (work done for Fiverr buyers), even ones where the buyer allowed their video to be included in the seller’s portfolio. Unless the sellers are supposed to contact each buyer that they did a video for first to get their permission (ie. those the seller may want to include a clip of their finished video) - how else would we have copyright permission to include the past work (for Fiverr) in the gig info videos? Is that what all other sellers in the video/anim category who include clips of their past work are generally doing (contacting each of their buyers whose clips they want to include first)?

About the gig videos - the text Fiverr shows for gigs that are missing videos and that require them says “The most successful videos contain your “value prop” messaging and actual samples of your work. Do not simply post a prior delivery without context.”

Obviously you are not allowed to use “Copyright protected materials” - as stated in the link about adding videos, but the message above seems to want actual samples of your work (Fiverr work I assume), yet the copyright to the work that was done belongs exclusively to the buyer the video was created for. So surely it would be against copyright law to include samples of videos done (work done for Fiverr buyers), even ones where the buyer allowed their video to be included in the seller’s portfolio. Unless the sellers are supposed to contact each buyer that they did a video for first to get their permission (ie. those the seller may want to include a clip of their finished video) - how else would we have copyright permission to include the past work (for Fiverr) in the gig info videos? Is that what all other sellers in the video/anim category who include clips of their past work are generally doing (contacting each of their buyers whose clips they want to include first)?

I can’t say for other categories, but for MY particular gigs - voice-over work - all of my videos have samples of MY work, but it’s not Fiverr work (out of 20+ sales, I have yet to have a buyer who includes the work I did for them with their Review). My videos include clips of actual songs I’ve done with my band or clips I recorded especially for the gig…

I think “Fiverr” presumes Sellers have prior experience and therefore can use samples of THAT work for their videos when first starting out.

Archived