Working on Weekends & Holidays

gina_riley2

Because all the gigs I purchase are for personal or my side business, I do it during traditionally “off” time periods. I do most of my ordering on Weekends and holidays, some in the evening (my time, which could be day for sellers).

Because I’m always online with Twitter, 5r, and multiple writer’s forum, I forget people may not be so interested in getting orders during those times.

How much of hassle is it to get inbox messages and orders during those times?

Since freelancing is a “Business” rather than a job (my opinion), if you care to earn money any time of the day, you cannot have a set schedule.

Unless you are so well established, that losing potential sales is NOT a factor for you.

So I have a working time included in my description, but no mention of days, because I am technically available for work any day of the week.

The mention of my hours (in US times) is to give a person an idea when I will be available for instant contact since I prefer to work mostly with North American Buyers.

Since freelancing is a “Business” rather than a job (my opinion), if you care to earn money any time of the day, you cannot have a set schedule.

Unless you are so well established, that losing potential sales is NOT a factor for you.

So I have a working time included in my description, but no mention of days, because I am technically available for work any day of the week.

The mention of my hours (in US times) is to give a person an idea when I will be available for instant contact since I prefer to work mostly with North American Buyers.

I like to think serious sellers think of 5r as a business, however, even freelancers need a break. I was getting ready to order some gigs, then realized it’s Easter Sunday. 🐇

I like to think serious sellers think of 5r as a business, however, even freelancers need a break. I was getting ready to order some gigs, then realized it’s Easter Sunday. 🐇

You can further know who’s serious, by messaging that seller and asking if he/she is available.

Business has no rules, no boundaries, that includes religion as well.

You can further know who’s serious, by messaging that seller and asking if he/she is available.

Business has no rules, no boundaries, that includes religion as well.

I typically lurk on the forum and whenever I see one of my regulars or someone I’ve been wanting to buy from say they are low, I go crazy on them with multiple orders. 😁

I’m technically online 24/7 though I only work 4-5 days per week.

I use Fiverrs app to respond to messages during the time I’m available (7am-9pm) but I only do actual work Monday through Thursday. However, given that it’s a freelance business and anyone can contact me anytime, I’m always open for faster delivery periods at any time of day.

Yes - It’s frustrating that I can’t answer messages every moment of the day (especially when people have different timezones) however my clients know that when we have a set time I reply within minutes.

I guess it’s the initial message that may have a delayed response but any further messaging is simultaneously.

You don’t have to worry about that. If you need something done it doesn’t hurt sending a message.

Don’t forget, many of us would do anything for a sale - weekends, easter, holidays etc.

😉

I personally don’t mind.

I wrote in another thread that my primary work hours are 9-15 - but that’s because it’s the only time I can guarantee that a client gets my full attention (plus, some hours in the evening). I’ll happily take orders any time and day - and also work on them - BUT, in a weekend like this very one, I also have no qualms of using up all of my delivery time. Of course, if neccessary, I’ll let the buyer know about it.

I’m technically online 24/7 though I only work 4-5 days per week.

I use Fiverrs app to respond to messages during the time I’m available (7am-9pm) but I only do actual work Monday through Thursday. However, given that it’s a freelance business and anyone can contact me anytime, I’m always open for faster delivery periods at any time of day.

Yes - It’s frustrating that I can’t answer messages every moment of the day (especially when people have different timezones) however my clients know that when we have a set time I reply within minutes.

I guess it’s the initial message that may have a delayed response but any further messaging is simultaneously.

Yeah, know what you mean. Most of my regulars and those that’s been here a long time, don’t get all upset about response time.

When I am awake I respond rather quickly, but if I’m in a meeting or asleep it may take a few hours. Only time my response time is less than hour is when I haven’t purchased in over a month.

I personally don’t mind.

I wrote in another thread that my primary work hours are 9-15 - but that’s because it’s the only time I can guarantee that a client gets my full attention (plus, some hours in the evening). I’ll happily take orders any time and day - and also work on them - BUT, in a weekend like this very one, I also have no qualms of using up all of my delivery time. Of course, if neccessary, I’ll let the buyer know about it.

Last New Years Eve, I sent an inbox message to one of my regulars. One second after I hit send, I was like - “shoot, what the heck is wrong with me?”

She’s one of my favorite sellers and I was afraid I screwed up her response rate! I didn’t want to do the same thing today.

Yeah, know what you mean. Most of my regulars and those that’s been here a long time, don’t get all upset about response time.

When I am awake I respond rather quickly, but if I’m in a meeting or asleep it may take a few hours. Only time my response time is less than hour is when I haven’t purchased in over a month.

When I am awake I respond rather quickly, but if I’m in a meeting or asleep it may take a few hours

… and that’s how freelancer’s days are! Day, night, with rain or snow, Sundays, our birthdays… sometimes even few hours when we’re in holidays!

Don’t we all do the same? 🙂

When I am awake I respond rather quickly, but if I’m in a meeting or asleep it may take a few hours

… and that’s how freelancer’s days are! Day, night, with rain or snow, Sundays, our birthdays… sometimes even few hours when we’re in holidays!

Don’t we all do the same? 🙂

Yup. Whenever I read buyers complain, “My seller hasn’t responded in 4 hours,” - I’m thinking, well, maybe they’re sleeping, eating, driving, trying to have a few hours of life outside work!

Last New Years Eve, I sent an inbox message to one of my regulars. One second after I hit send, I was like - “shoot, what the heck is wrong with me?”

She’s one of my favorite sellers and I was afraid I screwed up her response rate! I didn’t want to do the same thing today.

Tbh, a buyer sending me a message on New Years Eve (or… Christmas) wouldn’t so much annoy but rather astonish me 😉

As for the response rate. Heck, I’m in front of the computer a lot. Fiverr’s an open tab. If I don’t respond quickly, I tend to have a very good reason to not worry about my response rate.

Tbh, a buyer sending me a message on New Years Eve (or… Christmas) wouldn’t so much annoy but rather astonish me 😉

As for the response rate. Heck, I’m in front of the computer a lot. Fiverr’s an open tab. If I don’t respond quickly, I tend to have a very good reason to not worry about my response rate.

Ha, ha! 😀

I was sick as a dog with a cold, so sat in front of TV watching various NYE around the world.

Kinda glad I stayed in, lots of not good stuff happened at the place I was going to go to.

Archived