READ Before Responding To Buyers Request [REDIRECTED]

lucycodex

One thing I have noticed since I started here, is the amount of people who will send offers to pretty much anyone in the Buyers Request section, without even reading what the request is. For instance:

Screenshot_2017-04-16-11-05-03_crop_578x117_kindlephoto-163266124.jpg.387cce51ccabe1fabecc6b1e10b951c9.jpg

I doubt those are 11 offers from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners. In fact, I doubt even one of them even knows Martial Arts.

I have had this nagging feeling that many sellers, especially newer sellers and sellers that don’t know much English, were just sending offers wily-nilly in a vain attempt to try to get any offers at all (Which might account for some of the bad reviews they get).

My tip is this: READ the request! If you don’t fulfill the requirements the buyer needs, don’t send an offer! I have yet to be able to send all 10 of my offers in a day, simply because I pick the requests that I have the skill for, and pick the requests for which I fill the requirements of the buyer (I also am picky about buyers who want me to write several thousand words for 5$).

I am a new seller, I’ve only been here 2 weeks and only got one sale so far, but even I know not to shoot out offers to requests I know I cannot fulfill. Step outside of your comfort zone, sure, but don’t divebomb out of it.

Use at least a LITTLE common sense.

Mod Note: Due to many posts on this topic, one remains open for additional comments in case staff wants to look at these in Site Suggestions. This thread is now archived. Here is a link: https://forum.fiverr.com/t/spamming-posting-or-demanding-work-in-buyer-requests-section-2017

The worst thing, are the sellers crafty go unpunished. Fiverr should give the opportunity to report them.

Spending 10-15 minutes a day deleting their messages “spam”.

I agree, I hate deleting all of those crappy spam messages. They do that because they refuse to learn how the site works before they start posting. Most probably use Fiverr from their phones.

I agree, I hate deleting all of those crappy spam messages. They do that because they refuse to learn how the site works before they start posting. Most probably use Fiverr from their phones.

This is what happens on the other side of the monitor when a Buyer posts a request:

go-crazy_o_129571.gif.713fc02034f1238225f870fb448db986.gif

Buyer requests is a fail for me ( as a buyer )
I posted a request once ( didn’t try after that as I was exactly like Homer in that Gif @djgodknows posted.) I wanted a Spanish and French speaker to sync an audio to a video and I received offers from people saying " We dont know Spanish and French language but we can do ______" and those were like more than 35 offers. 😤

Archived