Is fiverr the wrong place to order a logo?

justmesui

After a few good experiences on fiverr (voice over and music), I decided to order a new logo.

This is what I get:

Orkan_Aladag04.thumb.jpg.a80e69acb2a81acbdd1fe66d04c141c5.jpg

Nope! It’s not a toddler trying to create a logo on MS Paint, it’s an actual Gig on fiverr … sadly!

I didn’t ask for a refund!
I didn’t ask for revision!
I didn’t ask for the extras I’ve paid for!
I didn’t critizised the missing communication!
I didn’t rate this work!
I was just about to forget this Gig and set a new order (another seller) to get a new logo.
But then I was faced with the reaction of this seller, who refused to understand why I don’t like her work.

I closed the tab for the new order and go back to rate this gig! I wasn’t disappointed anymore but angry as hell! … and this is what I get after the rating: “please give me 5 stars then i’ll refund your order”.
Seriously … thats definitely not the way to work!

Before I set a new order:
Is Fiverr really the wrong place to order a logo?
What should I look for, to get an acceptable logo?
How can I find a seller don’t using templates? (of course I’m willing to pay what its worth)

Is it a common practice to ask for 5 stars to refund the order?
And why the *** is it that easy for sellers, to create something with MS Paint and get paid for the few minutes they have “worked” on it?

Please stop ruining fiverr!

PS: Of course creating a logo is hard work. It isn’t really work to copy&paste the text and download a very common graphic of a dslr. Thats what I mean with “work”.

After a few good experiences on fiverr (voice over and music), I decided to order a new logo.

This is what I get:

Nope! It’s not a toddler trying to create a logo on MS Paint, it’s an actual Gig on fiverr … sadly!

I didn’t ask for a refund!

I didn’t ask for revision!

I didn’t ask for the extras I’ve paid for!

I didn’t critizised the missing communication!

I didn’t rate this work!

I was just about to forget this Gig and set a new order (another seller) to get a new logo.

But then I was faced with the reaction of this seller, who refused to understand why I don’t like her work.

I closed the tab for the new order and go back to rate this gig! I wasn’t disappointed anymore but angry as hell! … and this is what I get after the rating: “please give me 5 stars then i’ll refund your order”.

Seriously … thats definitely not the way to work!

Before I set a new order:

Is Fiverr really the wrong place to order a logo?

What should I look for, to get an acceptable logo?

How can I find a seller don’t using templates? (of course I’m willing to pay what its worth)

And why the *** is it that easy for sellers, to create something with MS Paint and get paid for the few minutes they have “worked” on it?

Please stop ruining fiverr!

PS: Of course creating a logo is hard work. It isn’t really work to copy&paste the text and download a very common graphic of a dslr. Thats what I mean with “work”.

No, in fact it’s against Fiverr’s TOS. You can report it to customer support if you wish.

Why didn’t you ask for a revision? It’s your right. Communication goes a long way ;).

sometimes buyers dont communicate the requirement clearly so in that case sellers give what they like and they thought that you will also like that as you have not given him any ideas of what you like , if you are not satisfied with the quality of work then you can always go for revision there is no harm in that.Fiverr is best place to buy a logo nowhere outside fiverr you will get your logo in just 5$

It was really cheap, all her packages have the same price.
That’s why it was absolutely no problem for me to forget it … and that’s why I didn’t ask for anything.

But this is not the point! The point is: how can I trust a seller?
Are the 5* ratings real or just given to get refund?
How can I trust the description? There isn’t written “for this money you will get crap”, no!

Her reaction made me to rate this work and stop the other order.
Her offer “give me 5 stars then i’ll refund your order” made me to think about it. I mean: in this case she is trying to fake her ratings.

Her description:
“If you are looking for amazing logo for your valuable business”
"We are professional logo service."
etc.

I asked for a logo for my personal video portfolio and answered the standard questions.

That’s why it was absolutely no problem for me to forget it … and that’s why I didn’t ask for anything.

How can I trust the description? There isn’t written “for this money you will get crap”, no!

Her offer “give me 5 stars then i’ll refund your order” made me to think about it. I mean: in this case she is trying to fake her ratings.

Her description:

etc.

I asked for a logo for my personal video portfolio and answered the standard questions.

The thing is, buyers need to understand how the site works and this is done by reading the Terms of Service before ordering. It would tell you that sellers are not allowed ask for 5 star reviews or make other manipulative requests. You could have reported them for that.

You should also remember that logo design is subjective - some people would be happy with that logo.

The key question is whether the logo matches up with what you asked for. There are no standard questions, each seller asks their own questions. Did you give a style you wanted or some examples of styles you like?

I agree, taste is subjective. You hate it, others might love it.

I would personally seek a seller with an extensive portfolio, which should give you an idea about their style. Furthermore, if you are looking for something specific, I would contact the seller to discuss the project details to see if the seller is a good match.

The thing is, buyers need to understand how the site works and this is done by reading the Terms of Service before ordering. It would tell you that sellers are not allowed ask for 5 star reviews or make other manipulative requests. You could have reported them for that.

You should also remember that logo design is subjective - some people would be happy with that logo.

The key question is whether the logo matches up with what you asked for. There are no standard questions, each seller asks their own questions. Did you give a style you wanted or some examples of styles you like?

I already reported it before I opened this topic.

But … you know … You asked me how much I have paid for it, instead of wondering about this practice. That’s why I’m pretty sure nothing will happen. It seems to be ok for the community.

This logo is just a bad experience I have made here.

It’s funny and disappointing at the same time. I’m not complaining about that.

I’m trying to figure out what to do, to find the gig I need.

Therefore the questions.

I already reported it before I opened this topic.

But … you know … You asked me how much I have paid for it, instead of wondering about this practice. That’s why I’m pretty sure nothing will happen. It seems to be ok for the community.

This logo is just a bad experience I have made here.

It’s funny and disappointing at the same time. I’m not complaining about that.

I’m trying to figure out what to do, to find the gig I need.

Therefore the questions.

You asked me how much I have paid for it, instead of wondering about this practice

Yes, the reason I asked is that if you had, for example, paid $100+ for it then I think the overall experience (not just the product) should be better. It should include some consultation, some over and back etc. For $5-20, IMO, a free-to-use template design with a name added, colors altered and maybe a little customization is good value although in general, I would only use those for a personal blog or something low value.

The reason I did not query the practice is that I know there are many sellers who operate shadily and I also know that the ToS covers what to do if you meet one of these sellers. I cant give better advice than Fiverr themselves do on that.

In order to give advice then I need to know what you are really looking for! You mentioned the seller only had one price, did you look around? There are 50,000 logo design gigs, what made you choose that one? I have recently purchased a logo and it took me a very long time to choose a seller. In the end I found one and was happy with it as they followed my instructions perfectly and created something unique for me. I have since gone off it though and am looking at replacing it. 😃 Getting a logo done is a tough job.

Her description:

etc.

Clearly he/she doesn’t know how Fiverr works. If you were to give him/her a 5-star review, and then he/she refunded your order, that review would disappear. Buyers cannot both review an order, and obtain a refund. That seller would be the one to lose on this order. His/her request makes no sense (and is against the rules to boot).

Clearly he/she doesn’t know how Fiverr works. If you were to give him/her a 5-star review, and then he/she refunded your order, that review would disappear. Buyers cannot both review an order, and obtain a refund. That seller would be the one to lose on this order. His/her request makes no sense (and is against the rules to boot).

If you were to give him/her a 5-star review, and then he/she refunded your order, that review would disappear

Reviews are no longer autom. removed when the order is cancelled after completion

If you were to give him/her a 5-star review, and then he/she refunded your order, that review would disappear

Reviews are no longer autom. removed when the order is cancelled after completion

Oh… right. My bad. I knew that. I’m not sure where my head was on that comment. 😲

Of course, that makes the seller the OP was working with EVEN MORE wrong. That seller demanding a 5-star review (for work hardly worthy of a 5-star review) before offering a refund… I believe that would be known as “extortion”.

here is your mistake. Out in the real world, where you can be charged a few hundreds of dollars, depending on the logo you want. you come to Fiverr and most likely you spent 5 on a logo.

What do you think you are going to get?

Thats not the point!

The cheapest logo I have ever bought before has cost 149 €

It’s the first time I’m trying out fiverr to find a logo. The result was: I laughed a lot about the “professional logo” I have recieved and that was it.

The thing is; there is a seller, who delivers (IMHO) crap and ask for 5 stars to refund the order.

How can I be sure, the 200 reviews are based on real experiences?

What is she trying to do? Yeah it’s subjective, but … She can’t be serious by sending me this!

Listen, there are two things you need to learn:

1. About communication, request to change review: Yes, she manipulate system and that is why you have report button, we need to remove such sellers.
  2. About her work: I hate it personally, but no matter what you see in description, for $5 you can not expect that anyone will spend hours and hours to work on your order. It’t plain logic. (btw. Custom logos takes weeks to be researched, thought true and designed)

Listen, there are two things you need to learn:

1. About communication, request to change review: Yes, she manipulate system and that is why you have report button, we need to remove such sellers.
  2. About her work: I hate it personally, but no matter what you see in description, for $5 you can not expect that anyone will spend hours and hours to work on your order. It’t plain logic. (btw. Custom logos takes weeks to be researched, thought true and designed)

not really. i had ordered (not on fiverr) custom logos in the past for each department in my company and most took 7-10 days.

not really. i had ordered (not on fiverr) custom logos in the past for each department in my company and most took 7-10 days.

I totally agree 😉 it all depends on requests and budget. I exaggerated a little bit there, but surerly we can agree that good custom logo can’t be designed in 10 minutes or for $4. 🙂 except maybe with some new seller who really needs reviews for start of his career on Fiverr

I totally agree 😉 it all depends on requests and budget. I exaggerated a little bit there, but surerly we can agree that good custom logo can’t be designed in 10 minutes or for $4. 🙂 except maybe with some new seller who really needs reviews for start of his career on Fiverr

I don’t do logos now a days, I outsource it. (in my day time job).

When I used to do it, I did it for cheap, to build up a portfolio.

Archived