poll  

254 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I don't show up in search results
    • Too many sellers offer the same thing
    • Fiverr is collapsing due to bad publicity etc
    • Buyers won't buy from new sellers
    • Buyers won't buy from level 1 sellers
    • Buyers only want new sellers cos they are cheap (Level 2/TRS complaint)
    • Fiverr is not advertising enough
    • My marketing is not working even though I spend a lot of time and money on it
    • I am not doing enough marketing
    • I delivered some orders late and now my delivered on time rate is less than 90%
    • I have a cancellation rate of more than 5%
    • I don't get orders since I became level 1/level 2
    • I got a/some bad reviews and am not getting sales now
    • I get a lot of repeat buyers (more than 50% of your sales)
    • I get some repeat buyers (20-50% of your sales)
    • I get few or no repeat buyers (less than 20% of sales)
    • I have got at least one order from social media
    • I have got at least one order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself
    • I tell people I know that I work on Fiverr
    • I have refused to cancel an order for a client (tick if you have, even if CS cancelled it afterwards)

Thanks James. The poll is really aimed at getting some data from sellers on various aspects of their Fiverr experience as well as their thoughts.

The points that are applicable to you actually show why you ARE getting sales. For people who do not tick those boxes, that fact should encourage them to explore why.

This data will be what I base some posts on to help people boost their sales. For example, out of 36 voters only a handful say that they got a sale from social media or brought a buyer to Fiverr. This shows that either people are not promoting themselves or doing it wrong/badly and so this is something to look at.

startrekspockfascinating1.jpg.a76fc993c9019b145e86646dec7392c6.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi @eoinfinnegan 😊

I am very new on Fiverr. I joined last October but didn’t create any gigs until this late July. I have gotten four orders. I got my first order through BR a day after I created my gigs. I got the second order (20 times more juicy $ than the first order) from my other gig the second day.

Now I am not sure if the second order wasn’t from my Twitter account; I have reasons to believe so:

1. It was amazing the client ordered such a big order considering my gig wasn’t rated and I’m a new seller.
2. I stumbled upon the same buyer on Fiverr’s Twitter handle. Could it be she went through my profile and clicked on my link, or she just chanced on my gig on site?

I take advantage of the Fiverr app. I visit the BR section frequently and about three prospective buyers have contacted me but didn’t give me the job – or so I thought. I wouldn’t know why.

I must say I have done some tests and passed, and it looks like a freelance writing agency is about to become my regular customer.

I will like to see your appraisal on my gigs. Are they ok? Any suggestions?

I try to stand out because there are many sellers offering the same services. (I’ll actually need your say on that. Do I stand out?) 😊

I know I haven’t promoted my gigs as I should.

I show up in search results (as expected, not at the very top).

It’s too early to start having cancellation rate. 😁

I need your sincere appraisal.

Thank you for your time and all you do.

JPK
VCP

Hi @eoinfinnegan 😊

I am very new on Fiverr. I joined last October but didn’t create any gigs until this late July. I have gotten four orders. I got my first order through BR a day after I created my gigs. I got the second order (20 times more juicy $ than the first order) from my other gig the second day.

Now I am not sure if the second order wasn’t from my Twitter account; I have reasons to believe so:

1. It was amazing the client ordered such a big order considering my gig wasn’t rated and I’m a new seller.

2. I stumbled upon the same buyer on Fiverr’s Twitter handle. Could it be she went through my profile and clicked on my link, or she just chanced on my gig on site?

I take advantage of the Fiverr app. I visit the BR section frequently and about three prospective buyers have contacted me but didn’t give me the job – or so I thought. I wouldn’t know why.

I must say I have done some tests and passed, and it looks like a freelance writing agency is about to become my regular customer.

I try to stand out because there are many sellers offering the same services. (I’ll actually need your say on that. Do I stand out?) 😊

JPK

VCP

Check your gig stats and see if there are any social views on your gig.

As for your questions, I am not offering custom advice or appraisals but you could try posting your gig link in the Improve My Gig category and some other sellers may give you some ideas.

Aside from that, there are lots of tips and advice post in Tips for Sellers about gig creation - always check out the author first though, if they havent had any sales then probably not the person to take advice from.

• 6 months later...

I’ve two gigs on background removal but still, I can’t get any order. Searching category wise with sorting method does not work properly and I’ve created a support about that they respond very quickly. But I will get more help knowing that the fiverr’s recommended rules.

You missed one:

Saying inappropriate and/or unnecessary comments about buyers on forum! I think sometimes people forget this is a public forum and not everyone is signed in when reading.

I checked out a gig by a seller who gave very good, coherent advices to others. They had awesome gigs that I liked and needed. Never having worked with them before, I searched them on the forum.

I found an old post - over a year old - where this seller said the most awful things. It was more than simple ranting but just plain nasty. It gave me the impression they could be hard to work with, so I ended up going with someone else.

There is a difference between venting about a situation and being just horrible. I hate nasty buyers and sellers. I’m good with anyone talking about A situation about one buyer or seller. I’m not okay with “let’s punish buyers/sellers,” or name calling like, “buyers/sellers are idiots, etc.”

Well, if you feel buyers are idiots, then quit selling here. If think sellers are idiots, then quit buying here. Problem solved.

Unless you specifically asked your buyers, “How did you find me?” As part of your filling out requirements, you really have no idea how many came from reading forum.

Vent, complain, shout, scream, . . . On the forum! Do it with some dignity and professionalism.

@gina_riley2 so true…

• 10 months later...

I’m aware that it sounds mean but I’d personally add

“My gig simply sucks because I did not put in enough time and effort to set it up and I stole images online”

I’m aware that it sounds mean but I’d personally add

“My gig simply sucks because I did not put in enough time and effort to set it up and I stole images online”

Oh @zeus777. let me go back to my own gig.

Who is going to tick that box? 😃

@eoinfinnegan :thinking:

• 2 years later...
I don’t like to pin my own posts to be honest, it feels dirty slight_smile The main point of this post was to gather some info about what people believe is affecting their sales so that we can work out some ways of getting better sales for those who are prepared to work at it. Every so often, I like to do a “feature” post where I spend a genuinely long time on an issue and look for specific solutions or answers. I have had a number in mind but wanted to hear what would be most useful for peop…

Para mi es interesante y útil lo que has abordado en el tema aunque sea viejo se mantiene con valor actual .Gracias.

Hi @eoinfinnegan 😊

JPK

VCP

Wow you got your first order so fast! That’s amazing!

Archived