Is fiverr still a good place for seller?

appmonk

As being buyer oriented, buyers have more rights and power over compared to sellers, so buyers taking advantage.

I have seen buyers threatening for 1 star reviews, or complaining fiverr support team if you refused to contact them out of fiverr terms.

I have seen buyer insulting calling you cheat for not accepting offers they have for us, they threat for making bad reviews about you…

I have faced these things, I am app developer, compared to other freelancing network I offer only 10% to 15% of project cost in fiverr, but still believe fiverr is a good place, but I want to know I am the only unlucky person getting this issues, or there are more sellers face this kind of threats…

My gig was first in search in relevance, but due to some buyers now it’s too far to get noticed, though I give one of the best service, I don’t know what I have done…

Please guide me friends, I want to get good success in fiverr too.

I think buyers who had been around for a while, took notice of how things work here.
Mostly new sellers are targeted from all kind of buyers who want to take advantage of their position.
It is so just at the beginning when you cannot afford to have bad reviews that could affect your rating and put you “our of the game” for a while or unluckily permanently.
We all had to deal with those, you need to “make your bones” and deal with those until you get in the position to cast your clients, and work for the ones who’re good, or the ones you want.
That takes time, don’t give up. If your work is legit, has good quality and you like what you do, then don’t give up.
Things will get better, learn how to deal with difficult clients and don’t take it as a low blow. Turn every bad experience into a lesson, improve. And you’ll be good to go on!

I think buyers who had been around for a while, took notice of how things work here.

Mostly new sellers are targeted from all kind of buyers who want to take advantage of their position.

It is so just at the beginning when you cannot afford to have bad reviews that could affect your rating and put you “our of the game” for a while or unluckily permanently.

We all had to deal with those, you need to “make your bones” and deal with those until you get in the position to cast your clients, and work for the ones who’re good, or the ones you want.

That takes time, don’t give up. If your work is legit, has good quality and you like what you do, then don’t give up.

Things will get better, learn how to deal with difficult clients and don’t take it as a low blow. Turn every bad experience into a lesson, improve. And you’ll be good to go on!

I totally agree with you, but this policy will damage in long term don’t you think?

Its so frustrating when some does that. We have to communicate and keep things clear before working on the project, there exist both kind of buyers out there good and bad. Once its deal no extra time or revisions.

Your absolutely correct, good buyers are the backbone of fiverr, that is why we are here, but it’s now difficult to find who is here for long term and understand seller is also human

I’ve never done any of the things listed.

I tried to check out your gigs to see if there was anything that makes you a target for scam buyers, but it looks like you folded shop.

Not totally wind up, I will create new gigs with some strict rules

Guest mctimon

I feel you Bro. I used to get 3.4k impressions a month for one of my gigs. After 1 star from one buyer (also the cheapest I’ve ever sold my gig) I got 180 last month and this number is reducing at that rate. I haven’t got any orders after him except a direct link outside fiverr that I shared to a friend to help promote my work. I feel like my gig is dead now and my fiverr account is hopeless. meanwhile before him I 5 stars from every seller.

Fiverr is good for some sellers tho. but of course very brutal to others too.

I totally agree with you, but this policy will damage in long term don’t you think?

I think it will damage those sellers who don’t develop a strategy for those cases.

In my time as a newbie, it happened to me to be working up to 1 hour for $5, for one difficult client. Is that fine? Was that work worth my time? Difficult to say it at that moment, but I can see it now, after 4 years. I have been in the position of not being able to offer in the Buyer Request section for almost 4 months (under 4 stars at that moment), but I came out from that. I’ve developed my strategy and here I am.

Obviously, it has to do with how much time and effort you’re willing to give to this work, and my strategy cannot fit the needs of other sellers… that you have to find out yourself. Learn, be patient, try hard… did you do all that already? Then try again harder! you’ll be rewarded.

Words to remember. and then and then and then…20 characters.

Archived