What do you do with a seller whos f....ed up your website

leericketts

Ok guys im a bit stuck here so i thought i ask here

I wanted just a few minor errors cleared up on my wordpress site, and i put the shout out, had a few replies and took a gig of someone,
simple task just tweak a bit and remove some of backlinks, nothing major

just checked tonight, the whole site has been reformatted, all layouts on all pages have been changed and reformatted, things missing, the problem is i not done a recent back up prior to him touching it.
its now left me with a site that i have to go through every single page and re-due

i confronted him and his answer was i got your site speed up, and set keywords, yea i believe that because all you can see on the pages are the keywords and thats it

so guys where do i go from here

David
ithats the first thing i requested, after 2 failed attemps, i asked to put the site back to how it was before he got his hands on it
he never backed it up so couldnt

this is seroiusly not a good experiance i have had and it seems like the vetting process of sellers needs to be more strict tp stop this

David

ithats the first thing i requested, after 2 failed attemps, i asked to put the site back to how it was before he got his hands on it

he never backed it up so couldnt

this is seroiusly not a good experiance i have had and it seems like the vetting process of sellers needs to be more strict tp stop this

You can report any seller to customer support if you are unhappy with their work.

I simply cannot believe you gave site access to someone without having it backed up first. Even aside from that, you should be backing up your site regularly anyway.

Vetting is to be done by buyers before they place an order, it is not done by anyone else. Anyone can offer any service here, it is up to you to choose the person you want to do your job based on whatever criteria you set.

I suggest reading the Fiverr Terms of Service before using the site any further as it will help you understand how the site works and what to expect.

Thank you for your support and how you have thown it back in my direction and how you seem to be supporting rouge sellers and not the buyers by this reply
I don’t request a lecture nor do I give one
Yes and yes your correct in a number of things and the procedure steps where taken as out line in fivver
But where is the support when buyers need it when things like this happen

Not lectures of what and when
If you cannot support or give good advice why answer the post in the first place
My mind boogles with replies like this

Thank you for your support and how you have thown it back in my direction and how you seem to be supporting rouge sellers and not the buyers by this reply

I don’t request a lecture nor do I give one

Yes and yes your correct in a number of things and the procedure steps where taken as out line in fivver

But where is the support when buyers need it when things like this happen

Not lectures of what and when

If you cannot support or give good advice why answer the post in the first place

You should notice that my first sentence was telling you THE ONLY OPTION THERE IS when you are unhappy with a seller - go to customer support. After that I gave some advice based on what you said, including the fact that you didn’t back up your website.

you have thown it back in my direction and how you seem to be supporting rouge sellers and not the buyers by this reply

I am putting some fault back in your direction as you did not act in a way that was prudent. I don’t support rogue sellers, in fact I loathe them. However, I know they exist and so I advise people to act and buy in a way that limits the risk of falling victim to them. Would it be better to just say “poor you, bad seller”? I believe my comment above was very supportive of buyers in that it informs anyone who reads it that vetting is their responsibility, not Fiverr’s and that reading the ToS should be done before buying anything here. If you had you would know that vetting was up to you and how to deal with orders when things go wrong. I can’t do anything for buyers other than give advice, I am just someone who buys and sells on this site - I have no authority to do more than give my advice and opinion. If you consider advice to be a “lecture” then asking questions on a public internet forum is probably not something you should do.

I think you just didn’t like what I said, not that it is unfair or incorrect. This is a forum, not customer support. Everyone is a seller and/or buyer here, even moderators.

I wanted just a few minor errors cleared up on my wordpress site, and i put the shout out, had a few replies and took a gig of someone,

just checked tonight, the whole site has been reformatted, all layouts on all pages have been changed and reformatted, things missing, the problem is i not done a recent back up prior to him touching it.

its now left me with a site that i have to go through every single page and re-due

i confronted him and his answer was i got your site speed up, and set keywords, yea i believe that because all you can see on the pages are the keywords and thats it

i got your site speed up

I think he added a cache plugin 😉 Sometimes it messes up the layout. You can use this tool www.cachedview.com to check the previous version of your site. Take a screenshot. Give him 24~48 hours time to make it like old look. If he fails 😉 Report to support.

And a secret tip: Most of the standard hosting keep an automatic backup. You can contact them to restore previous version

i got your site speed up

I think he added a cache plugin 😉 Sometimes it messes up the layout. You can use this tool www.cachedview.com to check the previous version of your site. Take a screenshot. Give him 24~48 hours time to make it like old look. If he fails 😉 Report to support.

And a secret tip: Most of the standard hosting keep an automatic backup. You can contact them to restore previous version

Thanks for the heads up yes he added a plug in

If i remove wI’ll it revert bck to how it was

Thank you for your reply and support its refresh ingredients to actually get a sensible reply than a lecture

Much appreciated

But @silkroute didn’t answer the question you asked, I did. How was I supposed to read between the lines and realize your question was actually a way to get technical support on fixing the problem without having to pay someone for it. My mistake.

i got your site speed up

I think he added a cache plugin

That’s much more probable 🙂

You learn to always back up your website, especially when giving the access to a complete stranger.

You report the Seller to Customer Support and have them request a Trust & Safety team to review the Order and sanction the Seller as strictly as possible.

You take this as a learning experience and make sure it never happens again.

Archived