Seller ignores instructions, does not honor what they promise in gig description, then pulls some wonky bidness flipflopping a cancellation

ernestwiseman

Hey, gang. Buyer here.

Fiverr… love it. I’ve had the pleasure of working with some outstanding sellers, and I always tip those folks quite generously and provide lengthy positive reviews. Just tossin it out there… I treat my sellers very well.

Anyway, my last experience was not good, and it has me wondering what the heck’s going on. The transaction was for an ebook cover design. To give relevant perspective, here’s a snippet of description from the seller’s gig advertisement:

"Will Design Kindle Book Cover
★★Kindle Cover / CreateSpace Cover / Ebook Cover Designs★★

- Free 12 hours Delivery
- FREE Source File(PSD)
- FREE 3D Cover !
- UNLIMITED REVISIONS UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED"

I provided my needed specs in the clearest way possible as I know many sellers are not native English speakers (despite them all claiming to be so–I’ve gotten used to this). So yeah, I gave very clear instructions and provided a sample of a book cover I wanted her to model,
which was this:.OnTyranny.jpg.8016d7a6c47cf9117bd1c8ee9801bb05.jpg

Nothing complicated. Well, what I received bore no resemblance to the example I provided. I’m talkin ZERO resemblance. I respectfully requested a revision. Fast-forward a day or two… the revised version again bore ZERO resemblance to the provided example. I’m thinking, holy cow… this seller has only one template or something, so I decided to work with what she kept delivering. So using the backdrop from her design, I mocked up a version that was something I could live with, and asked for her to make those changes, but to make it look professional with nicer fonts and such. I thought I was being more than patient and took the time to show her exactly how to alter whatever template she was using it in order for it to be useable. I also requested the source file because I assumed whatever I would get would need to be altered, and I wasn’t going to keep going round and round with this seller. I received this reply:

“I’m afraid, you’ll need to order a source file package.
Thanks”

I replied noting she’d advertised the source file was included and to please honor that.

Crickets…

SEVERAL days passed and I heard nothing. No revised delivery–no reply to my message. Nothing.

(Sidebar: On my phone Fiverr app it showed as Rejected and on my PC it showed as In Revision. No clue why it was different across devices. Anyone know why?)

SO THEN, I lost patience and requested a mutual order cancellation. She quickly denied my request and then immediately initiated her own cancellation request.😕 I have no idea what’s going on with this seller.

Is this some kind of elaborate scam or is she just messin with me or what? Can anyone explain?

Will accepting the seller’s cancellation somehow reflect poorly on my account?

I read the mutual cancellation I initiated would not negatively affect either of our accounts, which is why I’m super confused why the seller refused mine and immediately tossed the same back at me.

Much appreciated.

Hey, gang. Buyer here.

Fiverr… love it. I’ve had the pleasure of working with some outstanding sellers, and I always tip those folks quite generously and provide lengthy positive reviews. Just tossin it out there… I treat my sellers very well.

Anyway, my last experience was not good, and it has me wondering what the heck’s going on. The transaction was for an ebook cover design. To give relevant perspective, here’s a snippet of description from the seller’s gig advertisement:

"Will Design Kindle Book Cover

★★Kindle Cover / CreateSpace Cover / Ebook Cover Designs★★

- Free 12 hours Delivery

- FREE Source File(PSD)

- FREE 3D Cover !

- UNLIMITED REVISIONS UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED"

I provided my needed specs in the clearest way possible as I know many sellers are not native English speakers (despite them all claiming to be so–I’ve gotten used to this). So yeah, I gave very clear instructions and provided a sample of a book cover I wanted her to model,

which was this:.533f4203ad29ce24499f99304c0a730e16b533bd.jpg

Nothing complicated. Well, what I received bore no resemblance to the example I provided. I’m talkin ZERO resemblance. I respectfully requested a revision. Fast-forward a day or two… the revised version again bore ZERO resemblance to the provided example. I’m thinking, holy cow… this seller has only one template or something, so I decided to work with what she kept delivering. So using the backdrop from her design, I mocked up a version that was something I could live with, and asked for her to make those changes, but to make it look professional with nicer fonts and such. I thought I was being more than patient and took the time to show her exactly how to alter whatever template she was using it in order for it to be useable. I also requested the source file because I assumed whatever I would get would need to be altered, and I wasn’t going to keep going round and round with this seller. I received this reply:

“I’m afraid, you’ll need to order a source file package.

Thanks”

I replied noting she’d advertised the source file was included and to please honor that.

Crickets…

SEVERAL days passed and I heard nothing. No revised delivery–no reply to my message. Nothing.

(Sidebar: On my phone Fiverr app it showed as Rejected and on my PC it showed as In Revision. No clue why it was different across devices. Anyone know why?)

SO THEN, I lost patience and requested a mutual order cancellation. She quickly denied my request and then immediately initiated her own cancellation request.😕 I have no idea what’s going on with this seller.

Is this some kind of elaborate scam or is she just messin with me or what? Can anyone explain?

Will accepting the seller’s cancellation somehow reflect poorly on my account?

I read the mutual cancellation I initiated would not negatively affect either of our accounts, which is why I’m super confused why the seller refused mine and immediately tossed the same back at me.

Much appreciated.

Another option is to deny her cancellation request, and leave a negative review. It sounds like the seller is being less than forthright. She may even be trying to force her own cancellation request because she knows that if you accept a cancellation, you can’t leave a negative review.

If it were me, I think she earned a negative review. She clearly didn’t do what you asked of her.

EDIT: Nor did she do what she promised in her gig details.

UNLIMITED REVISIONS UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED"

Or, remind her of her above order term, and keep requesting revisions (and denying her cancellation requests) until she actually does the work you hired her to do. 😉

Another option is to deny her cancellation request, and leave a negative review. It sounds like the seller is being less than forthright. She may even be trying to force her own cancellation request because she knows that if you accept a cancellation, you can’t leave a negative review.

If it were me, I think she earned a negative review. She clearly didn’t do what you asked of her.

EDIT: Nor did she do what she promised in her gig details.

UNLIMITED REVISIONS UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED"

Or, remind her of her above order term, and keep requesting revisions (and denying her cancellation requests) until she actually does the work you hired her to do. 😉

Thank you, Sir. I think I’ll do that.👍

Archived