How long to bounce back?

Hi All,

I posted a topic last night about delivering on an order, and between then and now (and after reading some amazing advice, thank you) - I pondered the very real fear of being sunk by a bad review (deserved or not - a bad review is a bad review).

So my questions to the forum are quite simply:

1. How did a bad review affect your sales?
  2. How long did it take for you to bounce back?

In this case I am not referring to habitually “bad” sellers as first and foremost if they get that much negative feedback I don’t expect them to stay in business long. Also I don’t expect it to be as much of a problem for established sellers as it would be for new sellers but like I said I am curious.

SolutionsHub_AU

Well, hard to say.
I had long ago this issue with that fake client of mine, who had 3 different profiles and sent me work just to give me bad revisions. In that case, clicking the “cancel” button was useless, he declined to cancel and so did the CS (it doesn’t fit our policies, they said), anyway that was a few years ago when 3 bad reviews in a row put me out of possibility to get new work from Buyer Request.
Normally that means you’re in deep s***. I’ve been not able to work for almost 4 months in Fiverr until one of my old clients contacted me to do more work, and so (thanks to him) I could go out from that situation. Now I have my regular great clients and I’ve learned how to choose my new ones.

Well, hard to say.

I had long ago this issue with that fake client of mine, who had 3 different profiles and sent me work just to give me bad revisions. In that case, clicking the “cancel” button was useless, he declined to cancel and so did the CS (it doesn’t fit our policies, they said), anyway that was a few years ago when 3 bad reviews in a row put me out of possibility to get new work from Buyer Request.

Normally that means you’re in deep s***. I’ve been not able to work for almost 4 months in Fiverr until one of my old clients contacted me to do more work, and so (thanks to him) I could go out from that situation. Now I have my regular great clients and I’ve learned how to choose my new ones.

In that case, clicking the “cancel” button was useless, he declined to cancel and so did the CS (it doesn’t fit our policies, they said),

That’s interesting - has the policy changed somewhat?

In that case, clicking the “cancel” button was useless, he declined to cancel and so did the CS (it doesn’t fit our policies, they said),

That’s interesting - has the policy changed somewhat?

I cannot tell. I understand that my suspects about that client, who ordered the same thing 3 times with different profiles were for the CS maybe not enough to cancel.

On the other hand, I haven’t contacted the Cs for a while now. I get out from trouble alone, with politeness… works better than contacting the CS

Guest phantompower

Negative reviews affect you account, I think one thing is how many reviews you have before the bad review is posted. If you have 1 positive review then someone gives you a negative one then you have just been tossed in a black hole. If you have 100 positive and someone gives a negative the damage will be there but not that noticeable.
The time it takes to bounce back is also depends on how often you get new orders sprinkled with 5 stars. (but I might be wrong)
Note. If your gut tells you that an order might go sideways. Click that cancel button.

• 2 weeks later...

Negative reviews affect you account, I think one thing is how many reviews you have before the bad review is posted. If you have 1 positive review then someone gives you a negative one then you have just been tossed in a black hole. If you have 100 positive and someone gives a negative the damage will be there but not that noticeable.

The time it takes to bounce back is also depends on how often you get new orders sprinkled with 5 stars. (but I might be wrong)

Note. If your gut tells you that an order might go sideways. Click that cancel button.

Late reply from me but thank you for the advice. I always believe a “bounce-back” is possible (albeit difficult), but given how i’m not COMPLETELY savvy with some of the ways that Fiverr calcuations work I thought i might ask the forum and see if anyone had any stories.

Archived