List your repeated buyers on Fiverr with Excel

hussienfahmy

They count because the work was done but rejected, time was spent, effort was made, so that counts as a loss. It’s no different than a TV manufacturer having to replace 500 defective TV’s or having to repossess them because the client didn’t pay for them in time. The expense of hiring a truck and shipping those TV’s back to the manufacturer is tax deductible.

My friend, get yourself a good accountant. He will deduct everything- your electricity, your internet fee, even your gasoline since some Fiverr jobs may require driving around for inspiration. I kid you not, all kinds of things are tax deductible when you work with an accountant as opposed to a tax preparer, specially if you become an S-Corporation and file for quarterly taxes.

Just make sure you get a good accountant, the good ones are expensive, but sometimes they’re worth it. People who do their own taxes are fools, tax laws change every year and most people don’t keep themselves current. They can also make huge mistakes which leads to tax penalties. When you have a good accountant, you’re protected.

Yeah, my accountant deducts everything that is humanly possible and legal, and still I pay heavy taxes. I pay taxes as a business here…[One major mistake I made was to invest all my Fiverr money into long-term bonds, which are taxed at source. Had I invested in mutual funds or in stocks instead, I would benefit from the massive appreciation in Indians stock market last 2 years and wouldn’t need to pay tax on them unless I sold them for profit…] [but I guess it’s the Indian safety first mentality at work]

They count because the work was done but rejected, time was spent, effort was made, so that counts as a loss. It’s no different than a TV manufacturer having to replace 500 defective TV’s or having to repossess them because the client didn’t pay for them in time. The expense of hiring a truck and shipping those TV’s back to the manufacturer is tax deductible.

My friend, get yourself a good accountant. He will deduct everything- your electricity, your internet fee, even your gasoline since some Fiverr jobs may require driving around for inspiration. I kid you not, all kinds of things are tax deductible when you work with an accountant as opposed to a tax preparer, specially if you become an S-Corporation and file for quarterly taxes.

Just make sure you get a good accountant, the good ones are expensive, but sometimes they’re worth it. People who do their own taxes are fools, tax laws change every year and most people don’t keep themselves current. They can also make huge mistakes which leads to tax penalties. When you have a good accountant, you’re protected.

Tax laws in the Netherlands differ from the US. I studied economics and I do my own taxes. Every year the rules are handed to me. A couple of years ago I had a visit of 2 tax inspectors who went through my books for 5 hours. They said everything looked like it were done by an accountant. As I said, I studied that sh**.

Yeah, my accountant deducts everything that is humanly possible and legal, and still I pay heavy taxes. I pay taxes as a business here…[One major mistake I made was to invest all my Fiverr money into long-term bonds, which are taxed at source. Had I invested in mutual funds or in stocks instead, I would benefit from the massive appreciation in Indians stock market last 2 years and wouldn’t need to pay tax on them unless I sold them for profit…] [but I guess it’s the Indian safety first mentality at work]

It’s not too late to make changes. I’m invested in a dividend-paying mutual fund. They buy a lot of different stocks and every month I get something. That value of my investment has appreciated plus the extra cash a month helps.

I’ve also learned to ignore the news. People get outraged over a Pepsi commercial, or the United incident, the stock goes down maybe for one or two days, but then it goes up again. Since I’m not the one buying and selling, I don’t worry about it. What matters is where the stock will be a year from now. Thinking long term is better than following the mob, unless you’re so good that you can anticipate the mob.

It’s not too late to make changes. I’m invested in a dividend-paying mutual fund. They buy a lot of different stocks and every month I get something. That value of my investment has appreciated plus the extra cash a month helps.

I’ve also learned to ignore the news. People get outraged over a Pepsi commercial, or the United incident, the stock goes down maybe for one or two days, but then it goes up again. Since I’m not the one buying and selling, I don’t worry about it. What matters is where the stock will be a year from now. Thinking long term is better than following the mob, unless you’re so good that you can anticipate the mob.

Yes, you are right. I need to change my thinking.

Archived