List your repeated buyers on Fiverr with Excel

hussienfahmy

I Just uploaded a video tutorial on Youtube about making a list of repeated buyers for Fiverr sellers using the Revenues CSV report with Microsoft Excel, especially for those who don’t know how to use the Excel or handling huge data.

Update quoted from consultantindia : You can rely on the information provided under Contacts -> My Buyers to figure out how much you earned from each of buyer, but tipping information is not shown as in the Revenues Report.

Screenshot00.thumb.jpg.5fe8c28a849690aa28a99ba64bc2de59.jpg

You can watch the Youtube video here : https://youtu.be/HuZ61UuD3Po

I hope you like it 🙂

Excellent tips Mohammed.

I especially like the fact that this trick uses existing tools, and doesn’t rely on giving oAuth access to third party apps like IFTTT in perpetuity. It’s a boon for people who love numbers and value privacy.

You can go one step further and use the AddSum function in Excel to find out the cumulative revenues generated from each buyer.

autosum3.gif.b6b06e48f771ce91d9db23b1e6753c7d.gif

ex03_cellformula_add.gif.fa9147f3149341b1f7d6bf26f54704cb.gif

You can even go further to turn this into a piechart to visually represent how much each buyer spends on you, relative to other buyers.

pie-chart-in-excel-3.jpg.ce42123c8190e62d1bcbe12b9c1757b4.jpg

I like the fact that this can be done completely offline without having to share/store sensitive data in ‘da cloud’.

Excellent tips Mohammed.

I especially like the fact that this trick uses existing tools, and doesn’t rely on giving oAuth access to third party apps like IFTTT in perpetuity. It’s a boon for people who love numbers and value privacy.

You can go one step further and use the AddSum function in Excel to find out the cumulative revenues generated from each buyer.

a4d65c96cbeb90d30743dfdbcad2b638859869da.gif

293e9aa8e1ac3b990acb5bddfe419d6bd03f589c.gif

You can even go further to turn this into a piechart to visually represent how much each buyer spends on you, relative to other buyers.

I like the fact that this can be done completely offline without having to share/store sensitive data in ‘da cloud’.

Too much analysis, in my opinion.

Excellent tips Mohammed.

a4d65c96cbeb90d30743dfdbcad2b638859869da.gif

293e9aa8e1ac3b990acb5bddfe419d6bd03f589c.gif

Thanks for your valuable addition ! I also see the buyer’s behavior like how much does he/she spend, how much tipping …

You refer to silkroute’s presentation right?

My purpose is data arrangement, there is no analysis here. However, the person who works excessively needs to generate numbers from time to another …

@logoflow My Pleasure . Glad that you liked it 🙂

Thanks for your valuable addition ! I also see the buyer’s behavior like how much does he/she spend, how much tipping …

I also see the buyer’s behavior like how much does he/she spend, how much tipping …

Is this important? Why?

[as usual, being a curious George] 😆

Why not just focus on the work you provide? Customer’s will come as they come, I don’t understand the need for keeping track of details like this. Besides, there is a symbol which shows who’s a repeat buyer.

I don’t get it I’m afraid, it doesn’t seem necessary.
Each to their own, however

Why not just focus on the work you provide? Customer’s will come as they come, I don’t understand the need for keeping track of details like this. Besides, there is a symbol which shows who’s a repeat buyer.

I don’t get it I’m afraid, it doesn’t seem necessary.

Each to their own, however

Trying to know some way to count the number of the repeated buyers was questioned by a member in this topic

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

How may i know the total number of my repeated buyers from day one on fiverr?

I was just reading this Article on Fiverr Academy and As I experience from last 6 months that I have almost more than 25% repeated Buyers So anyone know How may i know the total number of my repeated buyers from day one on fiverr?

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 7 ❤

Why not just focus on the work you provide?

and who told that making a yearly report will distract from the original work? Some numbers are useful for decision making, and yes Fiverr do provide much of useful data indeed.

However, this was supposed to be an Excel lesson for those who want to learn to gather and arrange some data 🙂

While I don’t discourage you from analyzing the data your way, I rely on the information provided under Contacts -> My Buyers to figure out how much I earned from each of my buyers. Same way, Contacts -> My Sellers shows how much I spent on each seller. However, tip information is not shown in My Buyers, as your spreadsheet does.

1666508478_ScreenShot2017-04-15at4_24_11PM.png.317b670ff60f22f8da6ffb12daf15590.png

Trying to know some way to count the number of the repeated buyers was questioned by a member in this topic

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

How may i know the total number of my repeated buyers from day one on fiverr?

I was just reading this Article on Fiverr Academy and As I experience from last 6 months that I have almost more than 25% repeated Buyers So anyone know How may i know the total number of my repeated buyers from day one on fiverr?

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 7 ❤

Why not just focus on the work you provide?

and who told that making a yearly report will distract from the original work? Some numbers are useful for decision making, and yes Fiverr do provide much of useful data indeed.

However, this was supposed to be an Excel lesson for those who want to learn to gather and arrange some data 🙂

The emphasis in that sentence was ‘why not just focus on the work you provide’, going on the idea that it doesn’t seem entirely useful to me.

That’s fair enough in that case, well done for answering the question and it looks like a useful Excel skill, but I personally can’t see purpose for using it to count Fiverr repeat buyers.

While I don’t discourage you from analyzing the data your way, I rely on the information provided under Contacts -> My Buyers to figure out how much I earned from each of my buyers. Same way, Contacts -> My Sellers shows how much I spent on each seller. However, tip information is not shown in My Buyers, as your spreadsheet does.

Thank you for your valuable addition 👍 Actually the tipping information concerns me because the tipping amount given by my buyers is considerable for my case and I guess for other sellers also “many of them hopefully” 😁

Besides my book keeping I have some sheets with targets for my company, just in order to see if I’m right on track. Until now I’m always way ahead of time, luckily, and another sheet that tells me how much I earned in a month compared to the same month in the year before.
I like the numbers game, but I don’t care too much about the numbers on Fiverr. In my Amazon partner account I only look at the total and don’t care what has been sold. On Share-a-sale I’m only interested in what merchant makes me ROI.
If somewhere along the line numbers go down, I take appropriate action.

Besides my book keeping I have some sheets with targets for my company, just in order to see if I’m right on track. Until now I’m always way ahead of time, luckily, and another sheet that tells me how much I earned in a month compared to the same month in the year before.

I like the numbers game, but I don’t care too much about the numbers on Fiverr. In my Amazon partner account I only look at the total and don’t care what has been sold. On Share-a-sale I’m only interested in what merchant makes me ROI.

just in order to see if I’m right on track.

Yes the numbers are so valuable in both parts you’ve mentioned ! even for non financials. I wish your numbers always go up 😉

For Fiverr, honestly, I already knew about the information provided under Contacts -> My Buyers, mentioned by @consultantindia so I relied solely on the CSV Revenues file .

Don’t see the point of it. While I have some buyers that order more than once, I don’t chase after them, I think that’s annoying.

Fiverr already gives me the history of every order, so I know right away if this is a loyal customer.

The only thing I use Excel for is to keep track of my orders, cancellations, gross income, net income, monthly income, yearly income, what percentage of money I’m losing from cancellations (I’m hoping I can deduct that from my taxes), how much have I gotten in tips, etc.

I also do net income projections with all that data.

just in order to see if I’m right on track.

Yes the numbers are so valuable in both parts you’ve mentioned ! even for non financials. I wish your numbers always go up 😉

For Fiverr, honestly, I already knew about the information provided under Contacts -> My Buyers, mentioned by @consultantindia so I relied solely on the CSV Revenues file .

I wish your numbers always go up

Thank you. At this very moment I could make it until next year even if I don’t get any order for the rest of this year.

Don’t see the point of it. While I have some buyers that order more than once, I don’t chase after them, I think that’s annoying.

Fiverr already gives me the history of every order, so I know right away if this is a loyal customer.

The only thing I use Excel for is to keep track of my orders, cancellations, gross income, net income, monthly income, yearly income, what percentage of money I’m losing from cancellations (I’m hoping I can deduct that from my taxes), how much have I gotten in tips, etc.

I also do net income projections with all that data.

(I’m hoping I can deduct that from my taxes

As canceled orders don’t generate income, they don’t add up on your income for taxes. Therefore there is nothing to deduct. Technically they deduct themselves 🙂

The emphasis in that sentence was ‘why not just focus on the work you provide’, going on the idea that it doesn’t seem entirely useful to me.

That’s fair enough in that case, well done for answering the question and it looks like a useful Excel skill, but I personally can’t see purpose for using it to count Fiverr repeat buyers.

It’s just a developer thing.

“Can this be done in another way?” : It is this ethos which leads people to create new stuff, remodel existing stuff, often times, it is just a useless exercise, but sometimes it leads to the creation of new apps. There was a guy called Adam in Facebook, he had created a small app for Facebook employees to chat among themselves and ask questions. Everyone told him “why not just walk across the table and talk to a coworker?” “why not just use existing tools like email?”. That question and answer app later grew to become what we know as Quora today.

OP did a thing and shared it with us. In fact, there is another post on the forum about official IFTTT apps for Fiverr, everyone went gaga over those. Those apps accomplish more or less the same thing which OP’s trick does.

(I’m hoping I can deduct that from my taxes

As canceled orders don’t generate income, they don’t add up on your income for taxes. Therefore there is nothing to deduct. Technically they deduct themselves 🙂

They count because the work was done but rejected, time was spent, effort was made, so that counts as a loss. It’s no different than a TV manufacturer having to replace 500 defective TV’s or having to repossess them because the client didn’t pay for them in time. The expense of hiring a truck and shipping those TV’s back to the manufacturer is tax deductible.

My friend, get yourself a good accountant. He will deduct everything- your electricity, your internet fee, even your gasoline since some Fiverr jobs may require driving around for inspiration. I kid you not, all kinds of things are tax deductible when you work with an accountant as opposed to a tax preparer, specially if you become an S-Corporation and file for quarterly taxes.

Just make sure you get a good accountant, the good ones are expensive, but sometimes they’re worth it. People who do their own taxes are fools, tax laws change every year and most people don’t keep themselves current. They can also make huge mistakes which leads to tax penalties. When you have a good accountant, you’re protected.

Archived