Gig Video, Does it have that much of impact?

avon_d

I’m thinking to upload a gig video, but does it have that much of impact for the gig as Fiverr mentioned.
I looked gigs in my category, Most of the Top rated sellers and recommended sellers don’t have gig videos but they get orders while gigs which have gig videos well they don’t have that much of order coming their way.
So what is it, should I spend few hours on editing a video. Does it worth to spend my time?

Good question.
My personal experience:
I’ve uploaded a video a while ago in my Gig, and I found no real difference… except I started to get (slowly) less work… I thought it was because my video (and myself as editor) sucked.
When taking it out, things became good and even better…
I guess you should try it yourself, maybe you’re better at editing than me!

From a Buyer’s perspective -
I really do not like Gig videos, unless the Gig involves delivering videos. I rarely look at Gigs that have videos unless that’s the service.

From a Seller’s perspective -
I really do not like Gig videos.

I have also noticed the curious lack of Gig videos on TRS and Recommended Gigs.

In my case, I’ve thought that my video was perhaps uninteresting, or new buyers didn’t want to watch a whole video every time they wanted to decide where to order (with pictures they can check my works faster).
I believe that videos could have a higher impact when you want to appear on them, promoting your own services. I assume some buyers want to know from whom they’re ordering?

Hello

I can say that video is good idea but not so important to get more sales!

What I can say, if you need more sales you need update your gig descriptions and tags, where is relevant keywords to your service.

For example if you are buyer and search on fiverr something what kwyword you will write in search line to find your gig? 🙂

I’m thinking to upload a gig video, but does it have that much of impact for the gig as Fiverr mentioned.

I looked gigs in my category, Most of the Top rated sellers and recommended sellers don’t have gig videos but they get orders while gigs which have gig videos well they don’t have that much of order coming their way.

So what is it, should I spend few hours on editing a video. Does it worth to spend my time?

I looked gigs in my category, Most of the Top rated sellers and recommended sellers don’t have gig videos but they get orders

Most TRS have been around a while, so they will get gigs with/without videos. The rules they used to become established are not the same as someone starting today.

Having a video isn’t the key. Having a good one would set you apart.

The people here who don’t like them are ignoring the explosion of video on FB and YouTube. The general public would rather watch a minute of video than read a minute of text.

While it depends on the category (nothing works everywhere), if done well, more people will pay attention.

That said, try it yourself. Again, it’s not “having one”, it’s “having one that people find interesting, personable and addresses their needs.”

From my personal experience.

I create Custom Whiteboard animations and my highest selling gig didn’t have a video for more than a year. The reason is, every time I put a video, it totally slows down sales, this was no coincidence, it was always happening. I reported this to my success manager and she was surprised. She advised me on what the content of the video should be.

I realized I was the one making a mistake. I was selling why a whiteboard animation is great, rather than how different I am from other sellers.

Buyers are on Fiverr because they know what they want, and they know it will help their business or sales which is why they are here in the first place. In your video, you don’t pitch to them why a logo is good, or writing a good content rocks, You tell them why you are different from other sellers and why they should choose you.

This got me more high end buyers and the difference has been exceptional.

So if you ask me, does a video have that much impact, YES it does, As long as you are doing it right!

Ollydave

Good question.

My personal experience:

I’ve uploaded a video a while ago in my Gig, and I found no real difference… except I started to get (slowly) less work… I thought it was because my video (and myself as editor) sucked.

I guess you should try it yourself, maybe you’re better at editing than me!

Thanks @wuerz123, sharing your experience with me.

`

Good question.

This was exactly what I heard of gig video!

`

From a Buyer’s perspective -

I really do not like Gig videos, unless the Gig involves delivering videos. I rarely look at Gigs that have videos unless that’s the service.

From a Seller’s perspective -

I have also noticed the curious lack of Gig videos on TRS and Recommended Gigs.

Well either this or sellers really don’t think video can do any better to their gigs should be the case.

:thinking:

Hello

I can say that video is good idea but not so important to get more sales!

What I can say, if you need more sales you need update your gig descriptions and tags, where is relevant keywords to your service.

For example if you are buyer and search on fiverr something what kwyword you will write in search line to find your gig? 🙂

I looked gigs in my category, Most of the Top rated sellers and recommended sellers don’t have gig videos but they get orders

Most TRS have been around a while, so they will get gigs with/without videos. The rules they used to become established are not the same as someone starting today.

Having a video isn’t the key. Having a good one would set you apart.

The people here who don’t like them are ignoring the explosion of video on FB and YouTube. The general public would rather watch a minute of video than read a minute of text.

While it depends on the category (nothing works everywhere), if done well, more people will pay attention.

That said, try it yourself. Again, it’s not “having one”, it’s “having one that people find interesting, personable and addresses their needs.”

Thanks for the tips lisabaarns.

From my personal experience.

I create Custom Whiteboard animations and my highest selling gig didn’t have a video for more than a year. The reason is, every time I put a video, it totally slows down sales, this was no coincidence, it was always happening. I reported this to my success manager and she was surprised. She advised me on what the content of the video should be.

I realized I was the one making a mistake. I was selling why a whiteboard animation is great, rather than how different I am from other sellers.

Buyers are on Fiverr because they know what they want, and they know it will help their business or sales which is why they are here in the first place. In your video, you don’t pitch to them why a logo is good, or writing a good content rocks, You tell them why you are different from other sellers and why they should choose you.

This got me more high end buyers and the difference has been exceptional.

So if you ask me, does a video have that much impact, YES it does, As long as you are doing it right!

Ollydave

Thanks Ollydave! You gave me a new way to think about gig video 👍 . Appreciate sharing your experience.

Archived