Symbol or Note on Profile who have Verified by Phone

I think it will be exceptionally important to have a way to recognize those sellers who have verified by phone. From a buyer perspective, I am going to be quite cautious about who I buy from in the coming weeks as people who haven’t verified are “culled”. To ensure minimum disruption for buyers and to encourage genuine sellers to verify, a way to show this publicly is vital.

A “verified” seller badge would be great, although as people are culled in the coming month it probably is not needed. We are not exactly sure what is being verified aside from a phone number.

Agreed, the reason I see it being needed is for the next couple of weeks as orders are placed and the sellers have not verified leading to mass refunds and problems

As a seller I do, though. I’ve been in the position to block three users in one single week, due to orders made with the only purpose of giving me a bad review (when I was still selling for $5) and made my rank sank to the point I was not able to look for requests in the BR section for a while. It is my believe it was the same buyer creating different profiles. He was angry because I’ve refused to do more work than the original order, which I finally did to free myself from him, and he anyway rated me bad, and so did 2 more times with different usernames.
At the moment I felt like it was a joke, because he was ordering without contacting me first and I knew it was him, I asked to cancel the order but he refused every time, until the order was off time limits, and then rated me bad.
On the other hand, it will give more reasons for buyers, for not asking refunds on Paypal (or at least think twice before doing that) and get away with free work.
As sellers we’re always controlled, but buyers can come and go way more easily with cheating.

As a seller I do, though. I’ve been in the position to block three users in one single week, due to orders made with the only purpose of giving me a bad review (when I was still selling for $5) and made my rank sank to the point I was not able to look for requests in the BR section for a while. It is my believe it was the same buyer creating different profiles. He was angry because I’ve refused to do more work than the original order, which I finally did to free myself from him, and he anyway rated me bad, and so did 2 more times with different usernames.

At the moment I felt like it was a joke, because he was ordering without contacting me first and I knew it was him, I asked to cancel the order but he refused every time, until the order was off time limits, and then rated me bad.

On the other hand, it will give more reasons for buyers, for not asking refunds on Paypal (or at least think twice before doing that) and get away with free work.

As sellers we’re always controlled, but buyers can come and go way more easily with cheating.

I’ve been in the position to block three users in one single week, due to orders made with the only purpose of giving me a bad review

I had someone with 3 accounts order $5 gigs from me repeatedly. I could tell it was the same person. I could also tell they were telling lies about things.

I would love for buyers like this to be culled.

Archived