Note to sellers - Top tips to selling more on Fiverr (Buyers Perspective)

hmbespoke

Do you add your name to the Buyer Requests you post? I ask because I rarely see a person’s name in the text, and some of the ones I do see only contain a first name (which I feel uncomfortable using).

I find it interesting that you consider “vector” to be mumbo-jumbo and not necessary at first. That could cause a problem later if you don’t start with that information.

If there is a template response for the Buyer Requests, I have not seen it. I do think there is a lot of cut and paste going on, though. Your “Jargon Overkiller” and “Flag Flyer” response examples look like they’re copied from Gig descriptions and profiles. 🙂

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I am ashamed to say I think I’ve been a terrible hybrid of each of those three types. It’s been a long while since I was last active on fiverr and apparently I forgot basic courtesy while I was gone!

Thanks so much for this. I am definitely going to make an effort to be a better, more conscientious seller.

Haha Naila_t, good to hear. It’s easy to focus on the designing or content writing, but miss out the sales and marketing. Would be happy to hear your feedback on how things went with the different approach.

Do you add your name to the Buyer Requests you post? I ask because I rarely see a person’s name in the text, and some of the ones I do see only contain a first name (which I feel uncomfortable using).

I find it interesting that you consider “vector” to be mumbo-jumbo and not necessary at first. That could cause a problem later if you don’t start with that information.

If there is a template response for the Buyer Requests, I have not seen it. I do think there is a lot of cut and paste going on, though. Your “Jargon Overkiller” and “Flag Flyer” response examples look like they’re copied from Gig descriptions and profiles. 🙂

Hi Artlifeoriginal,

I don’t add my name, I assume the name comes up, in the same way the sellers’ name comes up when they bid for the job. The fact that two sellers used it means they would have found it somewhere (I haven’t sold any services yet so can’t be certain). It is very true that things like vector files are very important. The point I was making was, talking about the file types the buyer gets is not the most important thing at this stage. Sellers can create a pricing table that shows you what you get for different prices. However that first contact, engagement is key. No money changes hands at that stage of the process, but a seller can lose the change deal at that stage. There are less than 5 or 10 seconds to grab the buyers attention, I think the time is best used showing the buyer you have understood their needs. There will be loads of time to go into the nitty gritty and this information is already populated elsewhere. Anyone keen to put it in can have it as a one liner at the end, but answering the buyers’ questions is key.

Hi Artlifeoriginal,

I don’t add my name, I assume the name comes up, in the same way the sellers’ name comes up when they bid for the job. The fact that two sellers used it means they would have found it somewhere (I haven’t sold any services yet so can’t be certain). It is very true that things like vector files are very important. The point I was making was, talking about the file types the buyer gets is not the most important thing at this stage. Sellers can create a pricing table that shows you what you get for different prices. However that first contact, engagement is key. No money changes hands at that stage of the process, but a seller can lose the change deal at that stage. There are less than 5 or 10 seconds to grab the buyers attention, I think the time is best used showing the buyer you have understood their needs. There will be loads of time to go into the nitty gritty and this information is already populated elsewhere. Anyone keen to put it in can have it as a one liner at the end, but answering the buyers’ questions is key.

Actually the Buyer’s account name does not directly display in the Buyer Requests until the request is submitted. 🙂 (At least not for me.)

I see your point. I was thinking about the Buyer not reading what the Seller offers before ordering when I wrote my comments.

Don’t want to give you thanks as you deserve more than thanks. Tips provided by you can assist the sellers especially the newbies will certainly get some fruit from it. Hope the prudent and shrewd seller will implement your tips and boost their traffic and also a request to those sellers who jam packed the BUYERS REQUEST page advertising their services and gigs. I am just fed up seeing a lot of post on BR page of some imprudent and insane seller. Give up the habit of posting on BR page as a seller. Don’t spoil the marketplace, please.
Happy Fiverring…

Don’t want to give you thanks as you deserve more than thanks. Tips provided by you can assist the sellers especially the newbies will certainly get some fruit from it. Hope the prudent and shrewd seller will implement your tips and boost their traffic and also a request to those sellers who jam packed the BUYERS REQUEST page advertising their services and gigs. I am just fed up seeing a lot of post on BR page of some imprudent and insane seller. Give up the habit of posting on BR page as a seller. Don’t spoil the marketplace, please.

Happy Fiverring…

Hi Minahmmas,

Haha, thanks for reading and posting.

All the tips I suggested are really simple, so there is no excuse for sellers. As a buyer it can get really frustrating.

Happy Fiverring indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the tips hmbespoke, you help me win a few buyer’s request. Cheers!

By the way, there are one thing that I would like to address. Unfortunately, I only see a few buyer’s request that explains their project well. A lot of them only tell “I need an illustration” or something like that. Therefore, I think this tips also apply to the buyer as well because better brief will help the right seller to get the right buyer.

P.S: Sorry for bad English

• 4 weeks later...

I can only assume some of the sellers sending out poor responses are not doing this full time

I also understand this logic, but I am doing this work on Fiverr as a part-time job.

I will write again what I wrote yesterday to a seller who posted something like “Buyers Request is useless”, as when everytime she goes there, there are already 30 offers per Request sent.

I’ve said I haven’t used Buyers Request for more than 1 year, so I gave a try to see myself what was going on.

From my 10 daily offers I’ve sent 5 to the ones that were fitting my Gigs and skills. From the 5 I’ve got two answers, I’ve got those two answers from requests that had already 21 and 16 Offers sent.

One didn’t fly because we couldn’t agree on the price. The second was a $45 order.

So, where is the difference? Like I always say: the approach of us sellers to all potential buyers.

Edit: I’ve just got another answer and an order for $25, from a request with already 18 offers sent.

so I gave a try to see myself what was going on.

From my 10 daily offers I’ve sent 5 to the ones that were fitting my Gigs and skills. From the 5 I’ve got two answers, I’ve got those two answers from requests that had already 21 and 16 Offers sent

How are you receiving order from buyer request? I was doing great here on fiver and have not sent any request for more than a years, but these days I hardly can make sales almost 2-3 per week 😦 . While making request I address buyers by their name and read every request carefully just to mention some keywords from their request, but its not working. I am not receiving any orders from requests that I have sent. Do you have any idea what is wrong with my reply.

Here is a sample of my reply

Dear damondash,

Hope you are doing well. I can help you to create a high end classy logo for your brand INNOVATIVE INSTALLATIONS. I will deliver 2 High quality(4000x4000px,300dpi) design in transparent png or jpg file along with source file(AI,PDF,EPS,PSD) only at $5 with UNLIMITED REVISIONS in just 24 HOURS. I wll also provide you 3D mockups. Feel free to message me for further clarifications. Looking forward to work with you.

Thanks,

Tanmoyroy

From my 10 daily offers I’ve sent 5 to the ones that were fitting my Gigs and skills. From the 5 I’ve got two answers, I’ve got those two answers from requests that had already 21 and 16 Offers sent

How are you receiving order from buyer request? I was doing great here on fiver and have not sent any request for more than a years, but these days I hardly can make sales almost 2-3 per week 😦 . While making request I address buyers by their name and read every request carefully just to mention some keywords from their request, but its not working. I am not receiving any orders from requests that I have sent. Do you have any idea what is wrong with my reply.

Dear damondash,

Hope you are doing well. I can help you to create a high end classy logo for your brand INNOVATIVE INSTALLATIONS. I will deliver 2 High quality(4000x4000px,300dpi) design in transparent png or jpg file along with source file(AI,PDF,EPS,PSD) only at $5 with UNLIMITED REVISIONS in just 24 HOURS. I wll also provide you 3D mockups. Feel free to message me for further clarifications. Looking forward to work with you.

Thanks,

Tanmoyroy

Hi there!

Those offers I’ve sent were just to test, because I’m getting my orders without going to BR since more than 1 year. I was just testing because a lot of sellers were complaining that they don’t get any order.

That was my last time in BR.

I don’t offer logos here anymore, but when I was sending offers I also sent a link to my logo portfolio and also described a little my idea of creating a logo for that particular buyer.

Maybe you should try doing this? I think you can give it a try!

Hope your sales become better soon! 👍

Hi there!

Those offers I’ve sent were just to test, because I’m getting my orders without going to BR since more than 1 year. I was just testing because a lot of sellers were complaining that they don’t get any order.

That was my last time in BR.

I don’t offer logos here anymore, but when I was sending offers I also sent a link to my logo portfolio and also described a little my idea of creating a logo for that particular buyer.

Maybe you should try doing this? I think you can give it a try!

Hope your sales become better soon! 👍

Thanks for the advice

Dear damondash,

Thanks,

Tanmoyroy

How do you get the names as they are not visible in buyer requests 🙂

Archived