Another seller's tactics

cheezees

I recently purchased a gig from another seller who promised to promote my link via blogs that are relevant to my industry. They “delivered” the gig. However, they provided no proof that my link was posted anywhere. Usually people send snapshots of their tweets, FB posts, blog posts, etc. All the seller provided was a list of different institutions and the number of people in the institutions. (For example, if it were the fast food industry, they sent something like “1. McDonald’s - 500,000 employees, 2. KFC - 400,000 employees…”)

I have no idea which McDonald’s blog they are referring to, I only have their word that Mickey D’s has a supposed 500,000 employees. Not even relevant. NO PROOF whatsoever that anything was posted anywhere.

I asked for proof (names of the blogs, links to the blogs, a link to his own blog so I could see what was written) and the seller’s, responses, in this order, were:

1. I didn’t take pics of the blogs so I can’t send you anything as proof (I requested a modification to his order)
  2. Here’s a link - was a blogger.com link only accessible through his own email account (another modification request)
  3. A cancellation request - he says he’s not “giving away” how he does his gig???

So, basically, "I completed the gig, can’t show you that I did, and that’s all you need to know."

What should I do? I am a novice when it comes to buying.

Honestly, I’d go to customer svc on this one, ask for a refund (it will be fiverr credit, I think) and I’d also leave that seller a negative review. A negative review might prompt a better response.

Very sorry you have had that experience.

Tarotkatya

Leave the negative review first, see if you get an answer, then go to CSV. Make sure you detail in the negative review what was wrong. Not sure how CSVC handles that but at least you can get to leave the review and some might see it, or you might get satisfaction from the seller.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

If you want a real blog to promote you and real fans to see it with a blog listing forever…you want Fiverrtastic blog. I have 23,000 fans with new fans everyday. I will write a blog for you, promote your gig, and provide proof. google Fiverrtastic blog.

thanks,

josh

Doesn’t sound like you got much value for your money.

The best thing that can happen now is probably a refund, which you’ll be able to use to buy a different gig from a more honest/trustworthy seller.

Try messaging someone beforehand and ask what kind of proof they’ll give you from the job done.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Yes My blog promotes daily or every few days. it is a google blog so it shows up on google, bing, and other search engines when you search fiverr blogs. it’s on page 6 or 7 right now. it gets a decent amount of traffic. I would love it if people ordered my gig and had me help promote them.

Reply to @cust0mcr3ationz: Josh,

Can you fix the postcard we ordered from you? Our printing company said that when they opened your source file, they saw that your margins were wrong AND that you did not select POSTCARD. They said you selected INDEX CARD. This is why we could not use your work. It would be great if you could make us a postcard that we can use. You PAUSED your gig during the middle of us trying to resolve this with you.

Archived