Is it logical and businesslike to correct somebody if they get your name wrong?

bradencollins10

I have noticed that a lot of buyers are getting my name wrong but I feel like if I correct them they may be put off by this and something might happen, so I just let it slide.
My questions are:
Do YOU correct your buyers?
&
What are some of the weirdest/farthest from your true name names you’ve been called?
I’ve been called Brandon, Branden, Brenden, and Bruce so far.

I have noticed that a lot of buyers are getting my name wrong but I feel like if I correct them they may be put off by this and something might happen, so I just let it slide.

My questions are:

Do YOU correct your buyers?

&

What are some of the weirdest/farthest from your true name names you’ve been called?

Bruce??

Okay, give me a second while I laugh! 🙂

How the heck does someone get Bruce out of your name? That’s hilarious!

It’s okay to correct people or you can sign it - Braden!

Oops, I hope I didn’t call you that by accident.

OT

BTW, I can’t seem to reply to your messages on the order page. Weird!!

Lol @ Bruce - it’s like they weren’t even trying.

E-O-I-N: Simple, right? A beautiful mashup of vowels finished with a consonant.
On Fiverr, it is never a problem. When I say my name, it is never spelled correctly.
Eoghan, Eóin, Own, Owen, Oioin etc.

I wouldn’t worry about it though Brooding, what’s in a name blah, blah, rose, blah, sweet etc.

Edit: To answer your question, I wouldn’t bother correcting people on Fiverr, in person then I would. You could always just spell your name differently when signing off on messages, keep the buyer on their toes.

Bruce??

Okay, give me a second while I laugh! 🙂

How the heck does someone get Bruce out of your name? That’s hilarious!

It’s okay to correct people or you can sign it - Braden!

Oops, I hope I didn’t call you that by accident.

OT

BTW, I can’t seem to reply to your messages on the order page. Weird!!

I generally say something at the end of the first message and when I deliver that includes my name. And nope, you got it right!

Lol @ Bruce - it’s like they weren’t even trying.

E-O-I-N: Simple, right? A beautiful mashup of vowels finished with a consonant.

On Fiverr, it is never a problem. When I say my name, it is never spelled correctly.

Eoghan, Eóin, Own, Owen, Oioin etc.

I wouldn’t worry about it though Brooding, what’s in a name blah, blah, rose, blah, sweet etc.

Edit: To answer your question, I wouldn’t bother correcting people on Fiverr, in person then I would. You could always just spell your name differently when signing off on messages, keep the buyer on their toes.

I honestly don’t really care it just sometimes is really funny seeing what they say!

I had clients call me different names but Bruce is wayyyyy far off 😂. I don’t correct them. I just continue to sign each message with my name. Eventually they get it and apologize and if not I don’t mind 😉

At least they all start with “B”.

What irritates me is when people ask what you want to be called, and then proceed to call you whatever they want anyway.

I do think it’s pretty funny when I read reviews on Fiverr and one or both people spell each other’s name wrong - it’ not like you have to reference the person you’re reviewing by name, after all. 🙂

I’ve been called all kinds of things that are far from my name or my username. I sign messages Maddie at “FontHaunt” most of the time. I still get called Margaret, Margie, Mattie, Maydie, Maggie, and even variations starting with similar letters like N. If they try to call me by my username I sometimes get founthount or faunthaunt. No matter what the buyer calls me I don’t correct them, but I do sign with my name again and sometimes they catch it. Since tone doesn’t carry well in text, I think correcting could go badly.

I wouldn’t worry about it, Bram, as long as they pay you it doesn’t matter that much. 😉

Braden sounds like a nice and easy name, I don’t understand why people will get it wrong…
Branden, Brandon OK, that I get. But Bruce??? Where the heck did that come from??

BTW people butchered my name SO many times back in college, for some reason they
couldn’t say my name correctly. My classmates suggested I give myself a western name but
I didn’t want that…strange thing I ended up with the nickname Zeus. 😛

My Fiverr name is zeus777, I’ve had people type “Zues” but I can let that slide…

If they start typing something like Zula or Zesty or Zootopia then I’ll point it out!

Braden sounds like a nice and easy name, I don’t understand why people will get it wrong…

Branden, Brandon OK, that I get. But Bruce??? Where the heck did that come from??

BTW people butchered my name SO many times back in college, for some reason they

couldn’t say my name correctly. My classmates suggested I give myself a western name but

I didn’t want that…strange thing I ended up with the nickname Zeus. 😛

My Fiverr name is zeus777, I’ve had people type “Zues” but I can let that slide…

If they start typing something like Zula or Zesty or Zootopia then I’ll point it out!

Hey Zebra777!

Look how cool this is! I just clicked your username by accident and it showed me your forum stats. This won’t last long so I had to screenshot. Sorry, it’s dark taken on Kindle:

Screenshot_2017-04-12-00-46-46_kindlephoto-2773987435.jpg.7c1c8392e660a2b2386cc83c558fcde9.jpg

Archived