Tough Customers

capekev

What happens if you deliver a gig and the person says they don’t like it and won’t pay? They already have the work. This hasn’t happened to me but I sure it has happened to someone else and I just want to know how something like that is handled.

I would consider it stealing.

Mine was a different case, I delivered the work, the buyer was satisfied (he wrote a thank you message) but he never paid. This buyer was a repeat customer, so I assumed he would pay, as he always did. After submitting the work, he said thank you and disappeared 😦

takeilafox said: but I don't like the fact that we have to deliver the work and buyers can keep the work and either not pay or take for every to pay.

To be precise, the buyer DID already pay, but they paid Fiverr. Then filing the cancellation of the order means they told Fiverr that the gig results were bad or wrong, (for whatever reason they stated - whether it was true or not), so Fiverr did not pay you.

So now you potentially have TWO parties to deal with. Either convince the BUYER that you really did deliver what was agreed to, or convince FIVERR the same thing, and convince *them* that you should be paid. But you really have no way to compel either of them to see this your way. Sorry, but in any dispute opposing sides sometimes just disagree.

So, decide whether to pursue this or not. Either as a business issue or as an ethical issue. Unfortunately, a dispute over single $5 transaction will likely not generate a lot of action unless you get a sympathetic ear, despite the "ethics".

Note: Sometimes a seller can sort of "Prove" that the work they delivered was good if the buyer ends up using it on their website or other online usage. Since the order was cancelled, even though the file was sent the buyer should not use it as if it HAD been purchased. It look like you sold an original video, and you MIGHT be able to see if it was posted anywhere, but it not . . . you have limited options.

Not saying it is FAIR, just that right doesn't always win.

And if it is any consolation to you, the buyer did not even get the money back. Fiverr is holding it on account, so the buyer can only spend it on another Fiverr gig, unless they file a deeper dispute through PayPal, which will probably get them banned by Fiverr as a troublemaking customer.

Archived